Thread: Steering Wheel for wheelchair user?

Platform
    PC

Steering Wheel for wheelchair user?

Hi All,
    Day one and I'm loving Project CARS, but I find steering using the dualshock controller a little clunky.

I want to invest in a steering wheel, but I have a problem. I'm in a wheelchair and cannot use my feet on the pedals!

Is there a wheel available that is compatible with the PS4 that can be used without pedals?
    Obviously it will need suitable buttons, paddles, or joysticks that can be programmed as accelerator and break.

Your thoughts, comments and suggestions, please

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I'm not entirely sure but I think all PS4 compatible steering wheels have paddles. The only thing you would have to do is assign throttle and brakes to those paddles. Can someone with a steering wheel confirm this works in pCARS?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyXK View Post
    Hi All,
    Day one and I'm loving Project CARS, but I find steering using the dualshock controller a little clunky.

I want to invest in a steering wheel, but I have a problem. I'm in a wheelchair and cannot use my feet on the pedals!

Is there a wheel available that is compatible with the PS4 that can be used without pedals?
    Obviously it will need suitable buttons, paddles, or joysticks that can be programmed as accelerator and break.

Your thoughts, comments and suggestions, please
    IŽd say investigate and find a wheel with progressive paddles, and use them as throttle brakes. But youŽll have to play with auto gearbox.

If thereŽs a wheel like F1 ones, with 4 paddles (they have 2 clutches and up/downshift) you can use the clutch paddles as pedals. Then you can use semi-auto gearbox.

Platform
    PS4
    This is the kind of thing I'm looking for also. Due to space limitations I'm unable to use pedals if I wish to use a wheel. I'll keep you posted if I find anything

Edit: quick google came up with this,

http://www.openwheeler.co.uk/steering-wheels/thrustmaster/rgt-pro-clutch/gallery/

No idea if this one is compatible with PCars on the PS4 however. Some more digging is needed.
    Last edited by Kkj10; 09-05-2015 at 00:06.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Using the paddles would not work as you need a progressive lever. Could you rig up something like this http://m.ebay.com/itm/321748107697 and wire it to the pedals?

Platform
    PS4
    The one in the link above has two progressive levers and an additional two that can still be used for changing gear.

Platform
    PC
    Thank you all for your comments. That Thrustmaster RGT seems to be exactly what I'm looking for, if only it was PS4 and Project CARS compatible.

A friend told me that the PS4 dualshock controller has a built-in motion sensor and he uses this as a steering wheel in another racing game.
    I've search all the options in Projet CARS but cannot find a way to set this up... Am I missing something here?
    He did say it's not perfect, but with practice he got used to the slight lag and can steer well in his game.

Platform
    PS4
    Unfortunately the Dualshock motion controls are not supported in Project Cars.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    While we are on the subject does anyone know of a xbox one compatible wheel that could used by a paraplegic?
    I would love to ditch the controller too, that thrustmaster in the above link is perfect but pc only.

Do the F1 wheels have progressive triggers?