Thread: Disc brake " metalic squeaking " sound

Hybrid View

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Disc brake " metalic squeaking " sound

Hi,

Am i alone to find the sound of the disc brake bothering?
    I play with ear speaker, so maybe it make it louder but, there a big metalic and bothering sound at anytime i use the brake.

The sound look like a verry used old car brake that have problem and should be fixed, and this happend to me on any cars.

If you have a mod of anything to fix this, i could be happy to get it,

Thanks ^^

Audio Director & Composer
    In real life racing car brakes do tend to squeak and squeal depending on which compound and material they're made of, so we have recorded this from a variety of real racing cars.
    Dev: i7 920, 12gb ddr3, 1x500gb, 3 x 1tb, 1 x SSD, 2 x ATi silents, RME RayDat (Win 7, 64bit).
    DAW: Mac Pro Trashcan 6 Core, 64gb Ram, 8 x 1tb SSDs, UAD Apollo Quad, AE22a monitoring, Cubase 8, Pro Tools 12.
    Slave 1: Mac Pro dual xeon 8 Core, 28gb Ram, 4 x 1tb HDs, 1 x SSD, 3 x MOTU 2408mk3, UAD2.
    Slave 2: Mac Mini Quad Core i7, 16gb Ram, 2 x SSDs
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, denis74, Elmo, Joris GvK, Mad LL, mister dog

Umer Ahmad
    Yes, racing brakes (Brembo cross-drilled rotors) etc. having great power compared to standard passenger car brakes but at the cost of some noise.

Youtube (gasp Dr. B!) some videos and you'll see yourself.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I understand that is because on a simulation you try to make it the more realistic possible, but it should be nice to get an option to reduce the volume of this effect in audio menu, or even be able to turn it off,

Because (for myself at least) any time i use my brake, i feel this:

thank you

Umer Ahmad
    Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    I understand that is because on a simulation you try to make it the more realistic possible, but it should be nice to get an option to reduce the volume of this effect in audio menu, or even be able to turn it off,

Because (for myself at least) any time i use my brake, i feel this:

thank you
    There is an idea to introduce additional Audio Level sliders for more of the effects so the user can adjust as they please. This may come in a future patch.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, Bazil14

Platform
    PC
    Even on my road car my current Brembo discs with ferodo blocks make some squeaky noises.
    | Intel 3570K (4,7 Ghz) | 16 GB DDR3 | Asus Strix GTX 970 | LG 34uc97 3440x1440 | Samsung 256GB SSD | Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE Wheel | Win7_x64.1 |

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joris GvK View Post
    Even on my road car my current Brembo discs with ferodo blocks make some squeaky noises.
    Mine as well (Peugeot 207, stock whatever discs) - kinda annoying.
    System: Intel i5 4460, 2x4096MB, GIGABYTE Z97-D3H, Zotac GTX 970 4096MB, Logitech Driving Force Pro, Xbox 360 Gamepad, Xbox One Gamepad, Win10 Professional

Platform
    PC
    Feature, not bug. Impressive work from Dr. Baysted and his team IMHO
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

The following user likes this Post: mister dog

Transmission Whine (straight cut gear) and break squeek is much louder in a real race car then here. So you should be happy they didn't go for 100% accuracy on those noises

Here is Sabine Schmitz in her 911 Frikadelli Racing Porsche sound clips but you get my point https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7aFlznAk0
    The following user likes this Post:

Platform
    PC
    It's like Engine Noise, sometimes with the balaclava, earphones (for radio comm) transmission whine, etc, you can not hear it at all. In the game if you mute all engine noise we are lost since we don't have the vibration feedback on our butts

Some things gets sacrificed some time
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)