Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Project Cars Tuning Guide : 3f and case studies now live!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Jussi: thx, now it's working. You have done huge work with Your calculator. Now I try to find some improvements to Bentley with Your tool.
    One question about this calculator: if I have values for one car witch has good setup, can I make conclusions when I'm working other car = can I make the cars behaviour similar using Your calculator? I try to change Bentleys reactions in slow speed corners to direction of MB C amg Dtm.

Jouni

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah, if the spring frequencies, frequency balance and damping rates are similar from one car to another, the cars should react similarly. So if you for example like a GT3 car around the 3.5 Hz range with the front frequency 20% higher and like to have the average damping at 3 in/s at about 75% front and 65% rear with an 60/40 rebound/bump bias, then that would be something to try out in the other GT3 cars.

But it's not obviously ever totally that simple. All cars have differences in their wheelbase, track width, amounts of downforce produced, downforce bias front/rear, tyre sizes, suspension geometry (dynamic camber changes, dynamic toe changes, anti-dive or anti-squat design, Ackermann steering, kingping inclination, multi-link suspension vs. double wishbone suspension, etc. etc. etc.) so you won't make the cars behave EXACTLY the same way with the same settings.

But similar frequencies do mean similar stiffness, and similar critical damping rates do mean similar control over the movements of the suspension, so you can definitely carry over your preferences to some extent.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussi Karjalainen View Post
    It's not converting, it's more like opening up a package. =)

I can help you through it if it really turns out to be difficult. I have to admit, I'm sort of surprised that anyone has managed to use computers to the extent of learning how to browse the internet, sign up for forums and work with Excel without learning about how to open up .zip, .rar and .7z files. I tend to rank file archives and file compression as one of the most basic computer skills among copy/paste, light web browsing and moving around directories, and it's usually been something that's featured in introductory computer usage classes in primary school. =)
    lol. When I went to school computers were the size of a room. No computer studies for me lol
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080 Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz/ Cooler: Hyper D92 / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW .

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    having worked on cars in driveability for years. i always thought a flat tire will get the hotest. a high pressure will slip first because less of the tire is touching the ground.

if you run your tires on your car to high of pressure the middle of the tire well wear first.
    to flat it well get to hot and fail through the side wall. ever seen a tire that was run flat? is has shredded rubber inside the tire like its eating it self