Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penalty after a Pitstop

WMD Member

Penalty after a Pitstop

In some multiplayer races, where you get a drive through penalty and enter pits, you get a huge "cut track" speed slowdown, after exiting pits. Could be anything from 50 to 2233 seconds from what I've seen. Tracks where I saw it happen are Spa, Catalunya. This has been reported by several people on WMD and also on gtplanet.
    CPU: Intel i7 3960x @ 4.0Ghz | GPU: GTX 1070| M/B: GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | RAM: 16GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz | PSU: Corsair AX1200 | OS: Win8 Pro x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster TX| Monitor: Oculus Rift
    Settings: 1920x1080| Texture Resolution HIGH | AF16x | VSync OFF | MSAA Low| Reflections HIGH| EnvMap HIGH| Vehicle ULTRA | World ULTRA| Shadows ULTRA | Motion Blur MED|
    The following user likes this Post: OG84

Platform
    PC
    The devs are aware and working on it.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FuriousDemon, GenBrien

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Not sure if this is the right place as new to this forum thing...

Career Gameplay pitstop
    Ginetta G40....... UK Challenge at Donnington

Qualified in first place with a time of 4 seconds faster than anyone else, was 2+ seconds ahead at pitstop, pulled into pits as did a few other cars, some managed to leave before me somehow. I raced on overtaking 3 or 4 cars on last lap and finished the race in 5 place....
    this was the second time i did this race the first time i was talking on chat and didnt take much notice what was going on and came third so restarted and took nore as too what happened.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by jam1uk View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place as new to this forum thing...

Career Gameplay pitstop
    Ginetta G40....... UK Challenge at Donnington

Qualified in first place with a time of 4 seconds faster than anyone else, was 2+ seconds ahead at pitstop, pulled into pits as did a few other cars, some managed to leave before me somehow. I raced on overtaking 3 or 4 cars on last lap and finished the race in 5 place....
    this was the second time i did this race the first time i was talking on chat and didnt take much notice what was going on and came third so restarted and took nore as too what happened.
    This has nothing to do with you pit strategy? If you start with an empty fuel tank and fill it up during the pit stop it takes quite some time.

Head of Online
    Platform
    PS4
    Fault identified, we're working on a fix.
    The following 7 users likes this Post: HLR Ghosty, Jan Studenski, KartKingCorre, Kobus Maree, Mattias, N0body Of The Goat, _MB_

Platform
    XBOX1
    Ive had it in single player career mode on laguna seca every time i exit the pit i get a warning for cutting the track
    S'all Good Man!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I have gotten tons of this on most tracks... warning always occurs before you've been given control of the car. This really needs to be fixed.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Same here, on spa I got a 655 seconds (!!) penalty after my drive through.

Platform
    PC
    same at brands GP- MP at Brands GP 20+ drivers .. first I get a drive threw before race even starts ,then as soon as I exit pit lane (from serving the mystery penalty) it gives me a cut track penalty of like 60+seconds ! heh ..

it's totally random doesn't happen all the time .. might be bandwidth related? positions not being correct ?

net code seems very good IMO !

thanks ;-)
    CPU- AMD FX 8350 Black edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0GHZ (4.2Hz Turbo) AMD 125W, VID- Gigabyte Nvid 1080 , mobo- GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD3 R5 , PS- EVGA 1050W supernova, OS- Win 7 Ent, Mem- G.Skill 16G , G27, 50" LG 4K smart TV, Antec big box with lots of lights n fans :-)

Platform
    PC
    Can anybody confirm that this is fixed with patch 1.4?
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1