Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post your animated GIF here

Post your animated GIF here

How to do an animated GIF?

Download VirtualDub (free)
    capture your sequence with your favorite capture application (output in AVI is preferred for compatibility)
    Drag and drop the captured file in vDub
    select range of the clip with the small black arrows buttons at bottom (start marker and end marker) and the scrubber
    Go to Video> Filter> Resize and reduce proportionnaly your image, ideally between 600 to 800 width size (only for weight purpose)
    Optional: Go to Frame Rate> check Change frame rate FPS to - insert a new frame rate to accelerate or slow down image fps rate (ie original clip is 30fps, double speed will be 60 FPS), check Convert to FPS a new final output FPS (ie input 23.94 fps, 30fps or 60fps)]
    File>Export>Animated GIF and locate the export folder

Wait for your file to be done processing and voila, you can now upload your gif to your favorite image server such as www.gfycat.com or www.imgur.com

hopefully the site will soon support webm so the process will be less compicated and the image quality for the better

Enjoy!

PC Spec: i7 4770K - Gigabyte Z87 UD3H - 2x8gig DDR3-1600mhz G.Skills - Corsair TX850M PSU - Asus Xonar DX - Windows 7 x64 - 3xDell 2713HW - Logitech G27 wheel - 2xPNY GTX980 (SLI Mode)
    my pCARS movies Youtube Channel
    my Flickr Photostream
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Alex Hobbs, Fauldsetti57, x107

Here are some of mine

The following 5 users likes this Post: meck2, Nick Claydon, Robert Winzler, Ryzza5, x107

So how can I free look on replays in game spectate/replay mode on PC in order to capture the footage I need?????? None of the Keyboard shortcuts seem to be working worth a dam.... I can only go from in cockpit to car view to sh*tty track side cameras that have terrible premade panning schemes....

I believe it only limited to the camera views , the closest is to go to rear car view and CTRL+K will allow you to displace where you want it, but I agree this is quite limited. Does pushing the 4 triggers on pad will do anything?
    PC Spec: i7 4770K - Gigabyte Z87 UD3H - 2x8gig DDR3-1600mhz G.Skills - Corsair TX850M PSU - Asus Xonar DX - Windows 7 x64 - 3xDell 2713HW - Logitech G27 wheel - 2xPNY GTX980 (SLI Mode)
    my pCARS movies Youtube Channel
    my Flickr Photostream

Alex your such a show off !

Sick skills though mate
    Riff Raff Racing.............. If your gonna be a bear ...... Be a Grizzly !

i7 5820k @4.6 Liquid Cooled / Intel X99 / 980ti Hybrid Liquid Cooled / 16GB DDR4 2666MHz /1000w PSU / SSD /1440 Samsung 34" E790 Curved / WIN10 64 / T500 / CSS SQ / CSR Elite

Cheers Nick . . . I think :P

@Swooty Jon is right in saying that we don't have freecam anymore, but that doesn't mean your productions have to suffer. One trick I'm a fan of is to have the player drive as a camera car, and then drive close/past whatever action you wish to capture. Then go into replay mode and change the views until you're in the bumper view. Press ctrl-K twice and you have a primitive freecam which follows the motion of the player car, but without the player car visible. Then you can move the camera wherever you like and get a great topgear-style shot with cars overtaking/sliding/whatever

I haven't got any gifs of this technique at the moment but I'll see if I can whip an example up soon

Platform
    PC
    Trying to give this a go. Four abreast headed into Brooklands in a Online Multiplayer race with AI. No one crashed.

Wheel: Fanatec Clubsport Wheel Base + Formula Rim + Porsche 918 RSR Rim+ Clubsport Pedals v2 + Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ | Logitech G27 | CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K Haswell | MB: ASUS ROG Maximus VI Formula Z87 | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Dominator GT 1866MHz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti SC 3GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 2GB | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU: Corsair AX860i | Seasonic P-1000 Platinum 1000W | OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 x64 | Tactile: Guitammer ButtKicker Gamer 2 | Monitor: 3 x LG 23EA63V-P (5800 x 1080 bezel corrected) | Dell UltraSharp U2312HM (1920 x 1080) | Gamepad: XBOX 360 Controller for Windows | Audio: Astro Gaming A40 | Astro Gaming Wireless MixAmp 5.8 | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250 Ohm | Audioengine A5+ | Microphone: Zalman ZM MIC-1 | Head Tracking: TrackIR 5 with TrackClipPro | Button Box: Derek Speare Designs 2014 Race King | Display: Siminstruments Formula Dash | DashMeterPRO (Android) | pCARS Dash (iOS) | HUD Dash (Android)

Visual Settings: DX11, Default quality settings
    The following user likes this Post: JonZ

Platform
    PC
    nice animations guys
    Riff Raff Racing Team | ziggyuk@live.co.uk |

CEO of The Gentlemen's Club / TGC Sim Racing Leagues

Here's a simple example of the camera car technique

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hobbs View Post