Thread: Not beeing able to choose cars during an online session (missing feature)

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC

Not beeing able to choose cars during an online session (missing feature)

As far as I know you can't choose or change car after the online game started. You can't go into the pit box and change it, neither you can go back to the lobby. You have to leave and make a new lobby to select your car again.

I played with my mate today trying out new cars every 5-10mins. Well you can imagine it was quite annoying making a new lobby all the time.

Im really like the game so far but that was a huge dissappointment. So many features and options in the game but that is missing...

Was that never a thing in the beta? It could be easily patched in I guess.

You can change the car see here. Have fun trying all the cars and tracks.
    CPU:i5-4670k | GPU:MSI GTX780TI SLI (353.30)(DX11) | Monitor: Dell UltraSharp U2410 (1920x1200) | Mobo:ASUS Maximus VI Hero
    OS:Win7 x64 | RAM:16GB DDR3-1600 | PSU:Corsair AX860i | Audio:Musical Fidelity V-Dac /Mackie 802-VLZ3/Sennhieser ie80

Wheel:Fanatec CSW (Firmware 053 - Driver 205) | Pedals/Shifters:ClubsSport V2 | Connection:Speedtest

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gertjan Arlar View Post
    You can change the car see here. Have fun trying all the cars and tracks.
    yea you can change cars in the lobby and can you choose what you want. But I want to be ingame driving and then change car, is that possible?

Lets say I choose all cars in the lobby, I take one, start the game, 5mins later after driving I want another car while still beeing ingame driving on the track.
    What do I do then? Leave and make a new Lobby again?

Platform
    PC
    I do not believe there is a way to change the car mid session.
    CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 GHz with CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler | GPU: MSI Gaming edition 980GTX | MB: ASUS P8Z77-V LX | RAM: 8GB | PSU: 650W | OS: Windows 10 64 bit Home | Display: 3x24 inch Acer - 5760x1080 Nvidia Surround | Wheel: Logitech G27 | Case: Bitfenix Shinobi black

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobus Maree View Post
    I do not believe there is a way to change the car mid session.
    This is kinda sad for people who just want to try cars with their friends since you have to restart the whole session all over again, you cant even go back to lobby somehow.

Platform
    PC
    You can create a join in progress session, at least on pc. So just leave the session and choose an other car. Then join in again. Changing the car while on track is not possible.
    Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE // TH8A Shifter // T500RS Pedals and selfmade SimRig
    MSI GE60-i765M281B // Windows 10 64bit // Intel i7-4700MQ 2,4 Ghz // 8GB DDR3 1600 // Nvidia GeForce GTX 765M 2GB GDDR5 // 1TB HDD // 120GB SSD //

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman07 View Post
    You can create a join in progress session, at least on pc. So just leave the session and choose an other car. Then join in again. Changing the car while on track is not possible.
    What if Im the host and want a new car. I dont want to give the host to someone else when I leave, so I guess I have no other choice to make a new lobby then?
    Thanks for the answer guys btw.

Platform
    PC
    I don't know to be honest. But I contacted someone who should know it for you.
    Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE // TH8A Shifter // T500RS Pedals and selfmade SimRig
    MSI GE60-i765M281B // Windows 10 64bit // Intel i7-4700MQ 2,4 Ghz // 8GB DDR3 1600 // Nvidia GeForce GTX 765M 2GB GDDR5 // 1TB HDD // 120GB SSD //

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Melony View Post
    What if Im the host and want a new car. I dont want to give the host to someone else when I leave, so I guess I have no other choice to make a new lobby then?
    Thanks for the answer guys btw.
    Yes, if you are the host and you want to change the car, you have to pass on the hosting. Otherwise the others would be "host-less" while you change cars.
    The following user likes this Post: Iceman07

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Yes, if you are the host and you want to change the car, you have to pass on the hosting. Otherwise the others would be "host-less" while you change cars.
    Yea it makes sense. Too bad, I thought there would be an option. Doesnt matter so much.