Thread: aids

Platform
    PS4

aids

hi, i wonder if you can do faster lap without stability control or traction control? im not as good driver to test it to really notice.

I found myself doing faster times personally as I could drive to my own style without being limited by TC or Stability Control... Not sure about other people but that's me personally
    Hobo Healy has a brilliant future...

CPU: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.2 GHz / RAM: 16GB / GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX1080 OC 8GB / PSU: Thermaltake 600w / Monitor: 34" Acer Predator X34 @ 3440x1440 @ 100hz G-Sync / Wheel: Fanatec Porsche GT2 wheel + CSR Elite Pedals / OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by mantukas334 View Post
    hi, i wonder if you can do faster lap without stability control or traction control? im not as good driver to test it to really notice.
    My Story might help you

I've joined PARS development in early 2012 (April to be precise), I love formula 1 so I jumped straight ahead to Formula A.... I did not managed to complete 3 laps in a row after several Weeks.
    So, I've started reading, and investigating, someone said: "Learn to walk before you can run", so Started to master lower tier formulas first as I wanted to do Formula A!

Started with Formula Rookie, no assists at all, took me time, but I was able to do so. Then I started to be faster and faster so jumped to Formula C (formula gulf didn't exist back then, which is a very very very Nice learning platform nowadays!, you could even start with those), Mastered formula C, then B (those are serious machines!!!) and then when I got to train with FA, I was much much much better on those. Still, you have to go through the learning curve.

Same happened with GT cars, Start with lower tiers GT, the go up gradually!

High downforce cars are usually fan to learn, but one you hit the limit on those, you'll most certainly crash, so be aware of that.

Learn a circuit, train on that one, not a long one, not a short one. Maybe Or.... crap, forgot the name....! Orschleben... or.... well, that one! that's a complex one, but not TOO complicated. Not too long, not too short.

Have fun! that's the goal!
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Best cars to learn and still have some decent speed are the GT4's in my opinion.

Progressive, not too much grip and they move around a bit (lock the diff up a bit), quite fun. Much better to learn car control than jumping straight into those snappy high downforce cars, while still having some get up and go (unlike the FRookie)

Platform
    PS4
    yeah thx, i dont have that much time, just want to push few extra tenth's for the community event with formula a. its wierd, with formula a im pretty good, but with gt i suck hard

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by mantukas334 View Post
    yeah thx, i dont have that much time, just want to push few extra tenth's for the community event with formula a. its wierd, with formula a im pretty good, but with gt i suck hard
    It is not weird. As I said, I grabbed formula cars first.

When Multiplayer was enabled in PCARS for the WMD members, I found myself loosing every race with BMW Z4.... So I had to do the same with GT Cars. Starting with CLIOs now is very fun (and Real! I'm a pride owner of a Clio IV RS 200 EDC) and then switching to GT4 RWD cars, slowly up to faster GT3 Cars.

Big difference (to me) between formula and GT cars, is the power delivery and exiting corners since you have to control a slide over the limit, on where formula A you DON'T want the car to slide at all if possible That's hard enough!
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)