Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel Support?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks kaddigart! Windows recognizes the wheel now. Now I just need to go into PCars and setup there. Can't wait!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I got everything working! Thanks everybody. This is amazing.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I've tried everything mentioned in the forum but I am still having issues with the dead zone where for about 20 degrees there is no response in the game, but in calibration screen the wheel is picked up just fine.
    Any suggestions?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Bump
    I just purchased Project Cars 2 and am trying to get this wheel working with it, posted a new thread about it in the "general" forum.
    Any help would be appreciated, it calibrates as "custom wheel" and the game sees the steering input, everything appears to work fine(it works great in Dirt Rally) and was a fun wheel for tons of games, except PC2 it seems.... Dissapointed, Oculus in Project Cars 2 looks great - I just need my wheel to work....
    Anyone tried the MS Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel in Project Cars 2 and figured out how to get the steering input to work as "custom wheel"????
    Thank you for any help you can provide.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Turbo View Post
    Bump
    I just purchased Project Cars 2 and am trying to get this wheel working with it, posted a new thread about it in the "general" forum.
    Any help would be appreciated, it calibrates as "custom wheel" and the game sees the steering input, everything appears to work fine(it works great in Dirt Rally) and was a fun wheel for tons of games, except PC2 it seems.... Dissapointed, Oculus in Project Cars 2 looks great - I just need my wheel to work....
    Anyone tried the MS Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel in Project Cars 2 and figured out how to get the steering input to work as "custom wheel"????
    Thank you for any help you can provide.
    Select the game's xbox gamepad profile as a simple solution. Custom wheel was buggy at pc2 launch (under xinput that is) but when I retried it when patch 2.0 was released it worked... but it behaved as if it was a gamepad, with heavy steering dampening, which can't be totally disabled, as well as some hidden traction control it seems...

If you're not totally happy with the in game gamepad profile and it's limitations the only way is to force the game to detect your wheel... as a wheel Downside is that the MS driver does not support FFB under dinput... To overcome this problem I recently added an option to attempt to translate the FFB commands under dinput into xinput. Worked better than expected for the xbox gamepad but since I don't own a xinput wheel I have no idea if it works as intended for those devices . Nevertheless there's a profile for those wheels when you fake the FFB but no guarantees that it will work as expected, in theory it should
    The following user likes this Post: Mad Al

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    This thread set my hopes high so I picked up an Xbox 360 wireless racing wheel. Unfortunately, my results were disappointing. The wheel, in some way or another, works, sure, but it's certainly not ideal.

I'm on Windows 10 and I already had an Xbox 360 controller wireless adapter and was able to pair the wheel with no issues.

I was able to get this wheel to work with Project Cars 1, however, I can confirm that while the dead zone is gone using Duranzo (with Mode 2 and Custom Wheel config), there is NO actual FFB, despite what previous posts claim. At the most, I can detect some extremely light, barely noticeable rumble, not FFB, and even then, the rumble doesn't seem to occur consistently. Anyway, using Duranzo, there were no issues assigning buttons in the options nor when calibrating the wheel and pedals.

Unfortunately, with Dwayne's dx ACE tool, I wasn't able to get PC1 to allow me to assign buttons after disabling Xinput and faking the device ID.

Project Cars 2 was especially troublesome. Using Custom Wheel and either Duranzo or Dwayne's dx ACE tool (to disable Xinput and fake the device ID), I would be able to calibrate the wheel (either by using Custom Wheel depending on the wrapper setting, or hijacking another wheel's config), but in-game, the wheel failed to register any input. Pedals were okay though. The only way I could play PC2 was to use the Xbox controller mode for the wheel, which is not ideal. Also, FFB did not work - only barely noticeable rumble just like in PC1.

I also tried to use dx ACE in Dirt Rally, but once I disabled Xinput, the game was unable to detect my wheel at all. Normal Xinput with no wrapper was fine though using the Xbox controller config.

Any tips on getting FFB to actually work? I've read previously in this thread that XBCD or the Japanese Xinput driver could be used, but I had no success with those either.

Any help would be appreciated!