Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel Support?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel Support?

I have the old 360 racing wheel I have connected with an xbox wireless dongle, it works well with most games but it would great to see support or at least tweaking guides for pCars.
    The controller doesn't get detected in any of the profiles except the xbox one controller.

If anyone knows any workarounds for this, please leave a reply.
    Thank you!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I have this Wheel too and cant get it to work correctly. I configured it as an custom wheel and there is a horrible 20..30 Deadzone. Pls. support this wheel !!! The ingame calibration works great, but i cant remove this fu*** Deadzone.

Ive tried Windows 10 and Windows 8.1. No Problems with other Games.

WMD Member
    I have same issue. Early in the game development, it was possible to map the MS SpeedWheel as a custom wheel, but it doesn't seem to be possible any more.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I have the same Problem i had buy PC and i try my first game ... but for now it is not playable with this good wheel!

I had buy extra RAM and a new graphic card only to play Project Cars!!!
    Last edited by tinok; 15-05-2015 at 15:13.

Rookie
    Does the wheel give full forcefeedback, just rumble effects, or nothing?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    If you are under PC you can try my wrapper linked in this post. No guarantee that it will work and you most probably will have to configure it (read the readme for instructions) but as long as it as directinput driver (xbox gamepads have it so xbox wheels probably support it too) it should work

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Confirmed for working on the discontinued xbox 360 steering wheel!! It got rid of the horrible deadzone completely. The ffb is not working but that's all on Microsoft. Awesome work Dwayne, thank you very much for the time and effort for creating that tool now I can finnaly enjoy this game

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknownZ View Post
    Confirmed for working on the discontinued xbox 360 steering wheel!! It got rid of the horrible deadzone completely. The ffb is not working but that's all on Microsoft. Awesome work Dwayne, thank you very much for the time and effort for creating that tool now I can finnaly enjoy this game
    Glad it worked

Out of curiosity can you tell me if it worked out of the box or did you had to find and change the guid? I'm asking as if you had to change it you can post it here so it would be easier to configure for other people.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Sorry to jump in on your thread , but I can also confirm that the workaround by Dwayne works great in getting rid of the dead zone for Xbox 360 wheel . This is how I had to do it - When I first copied the files into the PCars install folder the wheel calibration would not let me change any buttons so I followed your instructions : "select and copy the guidInstance value" for my wheel and it then worked . Thanks a lot mate , saved me having to buy a new wheel just yet

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
    Glad it worked

Out of curiosity can you tell me if it worked out of the box or did you had to find and change the guid? I'm asking as if you had to change it you can post it here so it would be easier to configure for other people.
    guidInstance : {0D56C5A0-F4A1-11E4-8001-444553540000} (I think its the same)

@Dwayne: Thanks for your tool ! Solved my deadzone problem, but now i have trouble with the Pedals (Accelerate & Brake) from the MS wireless wheel.
    I get only digital signals . No analogues . So you can drive a car ^^
    Any idea ? (sorry for my english, im from Germany)
    Last edited by thezepter; 18-05-2015 at 12:58.