Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel Support?

  1. #11
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    71
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by thezepter View Post
    guidInstance : {0D56C5A0-F4A1-11E4-8001-444553540000} (I think it´s the same)

    @Dwayne: Thanks for your tool ! Solved my deadzone problem, but now i have trouble with the Pedals (Accelerate & Brake) from the MS wireless wheel.
    I get only digital signals . No analogues . So you can drive a car ^^
    Any idea ? (sorry for my english, iám from Germany)
    If you get digital instead of analog with analog pedals then it's because the game reads them as being digital or they are not properly calibrated. If in the remap it correctly shows the axis (Z) then it might need to be recalibrated.

    First check with in-game pedal calibration. If you still got the same then check if they are properly mapped in windows. Click start menu and in the command line box type "joy.cpl" and press enter. Select your controller and click properties. A test window should show how your pedals behave. If they work digital then try to recalibrate them.

    If it didn't solved your problem then the game incorrectly reads the axis capabilities of your pedals. That would be strange as I don't change any controller capabilitie, only thing is that I set it up to detect it as a joystick but no report from other users that it would influence the behavior of the pedals.

    Anyway, in v0.1.4 there's an option to change the device type and subtype. Edit the ini and change newdevicetype (20-joystick) to =22. newdevicesubtype defines the subtype, in case of a wheel 2 is for combined pedals and 3 for dual/separated (don't know if you can get separated for xobx devices under directinput though, for the xbox gamepad it's not possible although there's a possible workaround).

    If none of the above worked then I can't solve your problem. v0.1.4 don't have enough debug information to see what's happening but I'm planning to release a new one with extended info, that might help understand what's going on.

    p.s
    Does MS wheels have any kind of real force feedback or only centering spring?
    Last edited by Dwayne; 18-05-2015 at 14:27.

  2. #12
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
    If you still got the same then check if they are properly mapped in windows. Click start menu and in the command line box type "joy.cpl" and press enter. Select your controller and click properties. A test window should show how your pedals behave. If they work digital then try to recalibrate them.

    If it didn't solved your problem then the game incorrectly reads the axis capabilities of your pedals. That would be strange as I don't change any controller capabilitie, only thing is that I set it up to detect it as a joystick but no report from other users that it would influence the behavior of the pedals.

    p.s
    Does MS wheels have any kind of real force feedback or only centering spring?
    Thanks ! joy.cpl is my friend ^^ I cant find the menue in Windows 10. ^^ Pedals work fine now after reset and recalibration.

    And yes, this Wheel has real force feedback, but not with your way to use this wheel. If i config the wheel in normal (custom wheel) with fu*** deadzone, the force feedback work fine.

  3. #13
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    10
    Platform
    PC
    Hi, I would also like to see support for this wheel on PC.

    The problem im having is that i can seem to set my wireless 360 wheel as a xbone one controller, but it refuses to detect it if i try to set it up as a custom wheel

    So my questions are... How did any of you get the wheel to detect as a custom wheel?
    thezepter: how did you get the real force feedback to work when the microsoft drivers dont support it?
    and if i use the wrapper will it detect my wheel using custom wheel and will the rumble effect still work for the wheel like it does if i use it as an xbone one controller?
    I understand that the propper force feedback will never work for the 360 wheel because microsoft are a bunch of lying muppets and arnt going to update the drivers, but id like to at least keep the rumble.

    Thank you in advance for any help.

  4. #14
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    5
    Platform
    PC
    Ok, so I suppose I am confused as to how to use this tool correctly. I have the 360 Wireless Wheel and have downloaded the most recent version of the tool, 0.4.2. I extracted the files to a temp folder and tried to setup the reload buttons but nothing seems to occur. I copied the required files to my PCars folder, using the x64 dll's. I then opened the editor and chose Disable Xinput. Again, nothing seems to happen. So I manually edited the ini. At that point I changed the guid to a value that was not the wheel ( the directions are a bit confusing here, it says both to set it to the guid for the wheel and also to "fake your device so the game don't recognize it". I then set the game to custom wheel and attempt to map the wheel. In game I get no response from the wheel or pedals. I have tried with the guid for my wheel, my keyboard, and a guid completely made up. All give the same error, no reply from the wheel. I can set it to Xbox One controller, but then the deadzone is back.

  5. #15
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    221
    Platform
    PC
    I'm a bit surprised to see that there are people who still have these wheels. Did they not stop selling these a few years ago? I had one and gave it away about 5 years ago. Every one of my friends who had one had issues with them, either the shifters breaking off or the wheel would get to where it always wanted to turn full left or full right making them unusable. Even when they worked correctly and connected to the 360 they were buggy shifting gears for no reason, popping up pause menu just out of the blue or suddenly looking left or right when no buttons had been touched.

    I always used mine just for oval racing and it seemed that the shifters would break off using it for road courses and sure enough my friend broke his shifter and then after I gave mine away the shifter broke off. One friend went through like 4 of them in less than a year before he finally bought a good wheel. I know a few other people who had more than one due to the poor durability of the wheel until finally they could not get another one and had to move on. All of them now have Fanatec wheels and while the initial cost is much higher than the MSWheel the long term cost is actually cheaper and is a much much better wheel.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Ram:16gb DDR4 OS:Win10x64 Pro GPU:GTX 1050 Ti SSD: Samsung 960 Evo M2 HDD: WD Black 1TB
    Wheel: CSR Elite w Clubsport Pedals: Driver: 2.05 FW: 757

  6. #16
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    71
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Puff3r View Post
    Ok, so I suppose I am confused as to how to use this tool correctly. I have the 360 Wireless Wheel and have downloaded the most recent version of the tool, 0.4.2. I extracted the files to a temp folder and tried to setup the reload buttons but nothing seems to occur. I copied the required files to my PCars folder, using the x64 dll's. I then opened the editor and chose Disable Xinput. Again, nothing seems to happen. So I manually edited the ini. At that point I changed the guid to a value that was not the wheel ( the directions are a bit confusing here, it says both to set it to the guid for the wheel and also to "fake your device so the game don't recognize it". I then set the game to custom wheel and attempt to map the wheel. In game I get no response from the wheel or pedals. I have tried with the guid for my wheel, my keyboard, and a guid completely made up. All give the same error, no reply from the wheel. I can set it to Xbox One controller, but then the deadzone is back.
    Works fine for me

    In theory with 0.4.2 you just need to enable "disable xinput" without needing to manually change the guid, unless you got more than one controller device. One thing I didn't mention in the readme is that the redist for VS 2013 are needed but since it didn't gave you any error at game launch I suppose you have it installed.

    Anyway, PM me your log if you want so we can try to solve the issue.

  7. #17
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    5
    Platform
    PC
    So it is confirmed, I am an idiot. The wrapper works perfectly. It never occurred to me that after choosing Custom Wheel I would have to actually map the wheel, pedals, and buttons, as the wheel worked fine in menus. Thank you, Dwayne, for the awesome tool and the offer of assistance.

  8. #18
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    8
    Platform
    PC
    I'm using the 360 wireless racing wheel and everything works fine. Make sure you calibrate in the control panel first, then in game select mode 2 and calibrate in game. If it still has the deadzone then download Durazno v0.6-18.zip from here:

    https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Ws&usp=sharing

    Follow the instructions in the zip. You may not need durazno so try without it first. I'm using it and everything including force feedback is working and no deadzone issue. Hope this helps someone.

    EDIT:I removed durazno and tried the wheel again and everything still works fine so it is not needed. Mode 2 is the key to make the X360 wheels work. Everything including force feedback and no deadzone is working great. I have no wrappers or anything else installed. Hope you guys have the same results.
    Last edited by 7Dave7; 23-06-2015 at 21:49.

  9. #19
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by 7Dave7 View Post
    I'm using the 360 wireless racing wheel and everything works fine. Make sure you calibrate in the control panel first, then in game select mode 2 and calibrate in game. If it still has the deadzone then download Durazno v0.6-18.zip from here:

    https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Ws&usp=sharing

    Follow the instructions in the zip. You may not need durazno so try without it first. I'm using it and everything including force feedback is working and no deadzone issue. Hope this helps someone.

    EDIT:I removed durazno and tried the wheel again and everything still works fine so it is not needed. Mode 2 is the key to make the X360 wheels work. Everything including force feedback and no deadzone is working great. I have no wrappers or anything else installed. Hope you guys have the same results.
    what do you mean "mode 2"??? what is mode 2? that's not even an option anywhere.

  10. #20
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    8
    Platform
    PC
    Options>Controls>Configuration

    Scroll down the list, near the bottom you will see controller input mode, make sure it's set to 2.
    Last edited by 7Dave7; 29-06-2015 at 04:05.

Similar Threads

  1. [PS4] Fanatec hardware discussion thread
    By sander in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 2584
    Last Post: 07-10-2017, 12:05
  2. Wheel Calibration for XBOX One Controller (PC)
    By Bluefly in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29-11-2016, 17:35
  3. Xbox one Steering wheel options
    By Spandecks in forum Project CARS on Xbox One
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-05-2015, 01:24
  4. Xbox 360 wheel support
    By jonners99 in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2015, 14:46

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •