Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel Support?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by 7Dave7 View Post
    Options>Controls>Configuration

Scroll down the list, near the bottom you will see controller input mode, make sure it's set to 2.
    Are you using Custom Wheel or a different default controller? I tried Custom Wheel with Mode 2 and no wrapper, dead zone was horrible. Went to the settings and set deadzone to 0 and sensitivity to 100, still uncontrollable. The wrapper provided by Dwayne has worked for me.

Also, you say you have force feedback, I thought the drivers for the 360 wheel never had FF enabled.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm using custom wheel, deadzone set at 0, sensitivity 50. When I used Dwaynes wrapper the wheel was limp like the wheel was unplugged, no force applied to it, no vibrations, rumble etc. I then tried Durazno to see if it worked any better but it didn't seem to do anything. Somewhere in between I stumbled onto the mode 2 setting and everything is now working great with no wrappers. I thought I had tried mode 2 before but must not have. I know with mode 1 or 3 the deadzone is horrible. If mode 2 doesn't work for you try installing the Durzano wrapper with deadzone at 0 and set up the wheel mode 2 and see if it works. If it does, remove Durazno and see if it still works properly. Make sure to calibrate the wheel in windows control panel first then in game. I'm using Windows 7 by the way.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm building rockets in Kerbal Space Program right now, but I will try this later this evening and post my results here. Thanks for the suggestions.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    You're welcome, hope it works for you. I gotta build me some rockets in KSP when I get time.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Ok, so here are the results. I first went back to complete stock, deleted my save and all game files and registry entries. Win 7 also, btw. After reinstalling PCars, I recalibrated my wheel in Windows and chose Custom Wheel and 0 deadzone with 75 sensitivity. Wheel felt like playing in a bowl of banana pudding. Installed Durazno and followed instructions. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!! Wheel is sharp and reactive, with FFB. Blown away. Thanks for the help to everyone in this post. Game is so much better when the wheel functions properly.

****EDIT*****

Forgot to mention I was using Mode 2 for all testing as well.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm glad it's working for you. It does make so much more difference when it's working right.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Puff3r View Post
    Ok, so here are the results. I first went back to complete stock, deleted my save and all game files and registry entries. Win 7 also, btw. After reinstalling PCars, I recalibrated my wheel in Windows and chose Custom Wheel and 0 deadzone with 75 sensitivity. Wheel felt like playing in a bowl of banana pudding. Installed Durazno and followed instructions. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!! Wheel is sharp and reactive, with FFB. Blown away. Thanks for the help to everyone in this post. Game is so much better when the wheel functions properly.

****EDIT*****

Forgot to mention I was using Mode 2 for all testing as well.
    I'm seriously going insane trying to get this deadzone fixed by following what you guys are saying and i'm having no luck... Here's what i'm doing: 1) i calibrate in windows
    2) copy and paste duranzo exe and dll into pcars directory
    3) run exe
    4) start the game up
    5) calibrate custom wheel which is in mode 2
    6) check steering to see if it's fixed and dissapointment (rinse and repeat 8 million times)...

what the hell am i doing wrong here?

am i missing more steps? is there something i'm supposed to edit in the .ini file that's generated after running the duranzo exe??

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Make sure your deadzone is set to 0 in durazno and project cars. Looks like everything else you did was right. You don't need to keep the durazno .exe in project cars directory after you run it, just the .dll and the .ini it makes.

Make sure you are using the correct .dll for your version of windows, 32 or 64.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by 7Dave7 View Post
    Make sure your deadzone is set to 0 in durazno and project cars. Looks like everything else you did was right. You don't need to keep the durazno .exe in project cars directory after you run it, just the .dll and the .ini it makes.

Make sure you are using the correct .dll for your version of windows, 32 or 64.
    Did those things and it still doesn't work. Dedzone in both durazno and game settings is zero. Dll is 64 bit version since I'm on 64 bit Windows 7.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Do you have any other wrappers in your pcars directory? Dwaynes for example? Something may be interfering with it. Make sure only durazno wrapper is installed. Other than that I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. You did everything else the same as I did. I don't know where it saves this info, but maybe you could delete it and restart with the custom wheel setup.