Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CARS is AMAZING with TX wheel! (pictures of my setup)

Platform
    XBOX1 X

Project CARS is AMAZING with TX wheel! (pictures of my setup)

I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER - PROJECT CARS CAME ALIVE WITH MY TX WHEEL!
    I can not comprehend how much difference there is in using the Xbox One controller and then a real steering wheel with pedals!

It can not be described in words how great Project CARS feels with my Thrustmaster TX steering wheel! I encourage ALL with this game to acquire a steering wheel!
    It's a COMPLETELY different game now! The steering is precise and calm - you can even catch a slide and the Force Feedback is incredibly good!

It is important that you calibrate the steering wheel and HOLD the Wheel when it asks you to turn the wheel 900 degrees, and then press A.
    What a feeling this is now! I can not stop smiling!

Project CARS was built for a steering wheel and pedals - that you can clearly sense. My only problem is that I can't use the Xbox controller to navigate in the menu's while I have my Isotta aftermarket wheel installed on the Thurstmaster TX base! Anyone know how? You can do it in Forza 5 - you know, use the wheel to race with, but at the same time use the controller to navigate the menu of the game.

Anyway, BUY A STEERING WHEEL for this game! (I have ordered Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro pedals with clutch, but they are backordered until June.
    Here are some pictures of my setup:
    Thrustmaster TX racing wheel, 2x DSD adapters for use with real steering wheel, 340mm. Isotta Evo steering wheel and TH8A shifter!
    55" Samsung Smart TV + Jamo surround sound system!

Last edited by Benja190782; 09-05-2015 at 08:05.

Platform
    XBOX1
    nice to see another positive story on here given the issues some folks are having.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Benja190782, born2bslow, bradleyland, mw98

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    First of all I must say that is a sweet set up. Good job.
    I would like to ask you about these standard TX pedals, are they solid? I'm thinking about getting a new wheel and TX is one on my list, but these pedals looks a bit cheap and fragile, so I would appreciate your opinion.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by r94 View Post
    First of all I must say that is a sweet set up. Good job.
    I would like to ask you about these standard TX pedals, are they solid? I'm thinking about getting a new wheel and TX is one on my list, but these pedals looks a bit cheap and fragile, so I would appreciate your opinion.
    The standard TX pedals are pretty decent, the surfaces are stainless steel and feel really solid. The brake pedal is stiffer than the throttle pedal which is nice as it has a bit of resistance, though I'm probably going to upgrade to T3PA pedals soon.
    The following user likes this Post: Dan77 DESTROYER

Platform
    XBOX1
    Having had difficulties with the FFB, the tips from another forum user have improved this game so much. Now the FFB is working properly with the TX wheel, it's in my opinion the only way to play this game.

I have improved my lap times by about 8-9 seconds from being able to feel the grip levels and really throw the car through the corners. Got my first win in Formula Rookie last night in a quick race weekend, and it was one of the best gaming feelings I've had in a long, long time.

I'd really, really recommend the TH3PA pedal set, the conical brake mod really, really helps improve driving fluidity.

Bought all this just for Project CARS.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150508_154847.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	231.2 KB 
ID:	200872
    Last edited by Bryer; 09-05-2015 at 11:07.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: recar deeps, Srt8 300c

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by OTehNoes View Post
    The standard TX pedals are pretty decent, the surfaces are stainless steel and feel really solid. The brake pedal is stiffer than the throttle pedal which is nice as it has a bit of resistance, though I'm probably going to upgrade to T3PA pedals soon.
    Yeah, I thought about an upgrade to better pedals after a while.
    Thanks for your feedback

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The t3pa pedals make it so much better... Make sure you use the included brake mod too... The th8a shifter adds even more... Am now thinking about adding a add on tm rim to complete the set up... Like you i am a very happy camper this weekend!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryer View Post
    Having had difficulties with the FFB, the tips from another forum user have improved this game so much. Now the FFB is working properly with the TX wheel, it's in my opinion the only way to play this game.

I have improved my lap times by about 8-9 seconds from being able to feel the grip levels and really throw the car through the corners. Got my first win in Formula Rookie last night in a quick race weekend, and it was one of the best gaming feelings I've had in a long, long time.

I'd really, really recommend the TH3PA pedal set, the conical brake mod really, really helps improve driving fluidity.

Bought all this just for Project CARS.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150508_154847.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	231.2 KB 
ID:	200872
    Could you please point us in the direction of what you did to improve things. I'm sure everyone would like more info

Nice setup by the way. Mine is almost the same but I have the shifter too
    Cheers

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I just got the t3pa for my setup. I find the progressive brake really helps. Now I want to get the TH8A

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker Fury View Post
    Could you please point us in the direction of what you did to improve things. I'm sure everyone would like more info

Cheers
    Yes please, at the moment my TX feel kind of "vague".
    ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | Intel core i7-3770 | 16GB Corsair Vengance | Twin ASUS GTX 780 OC SLI | Triple LG 42" LED TV | Thrustmaster TX | Thrustmaster TH8RS | Fanatec Club Sport Pedals V2 | Dash Meter Pro Android App
    The following user likes this Post: Rxhevntt