Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Bug reports from myself + random issues

PS4
    Thrustmaster 300
    Update done day one.
    Play on Pro settings with ABS turned on - chase camera

Firstly - love this game - I really enjoy the racing but I have come across a few bugs and things that I feel should be improved
    I have played possibly 24 hours worth of this game.

Bugs
    -Car sounds does not work in some races
    The game has loaded up and everything works (including environmental noises) but no cars make a single bit of noise - this has happened in career and in online. Restarting the single player races seems to have fixed the issue for that race

-The race loads but will not start
    The races have loaded in career before and the cars are lined up (either in gird positions or rolling start positions) and they just don't go anywhere. You can rev the engine but the race wont start. Restarting session seems to work.

-Online lags when players drop in/out of multi-player lobbies
    When players leave / join online lobbies, the game skips a beat or two which can cause crashes, bad corners etc.
    (On a side note - lots of players seem to be able to join during qualifying sessions which causes bad lap times. People also leave a lot when they crash once in online races - potentially causing more crashes and causes a flow on effect)

-Completing laps have not registered.
    Twice now I have been racing in karts and I have completed a lap and have all of sudden been put into last place. I have not cut corners or hit other cars to make this happen.

-Game froze and shut down at random.
    I was doing a 2hr endurance race on Lemans and 10 minutes in, my ps4 just shut down randomly shut down. (this has never happened before on my PS4)

General improvements
    A few things I have seen posted on here already and am re - posting them as I have the same problems with them.

GUI.
    Almost everything is perfect about this game except for the GUI (menu) which is really messed up.
    -Some examples:
    -In career when you finish a session "retry" is selected, this should be "continue"
    -In career when you finish a race and go back to the dashboard the option "abandon season" is selected. It should be "Calendar"
    -When you get to the Race Central menu the option "new" is selected for career. Once you have started a career already this should be "Continue"
    -In My Garage "create new set up" is selected. It should be "Select Car"
    and there is much much more like that that doesn't make sense

-I would like the ability to "scroll up" from the top of menu's and get to the bottom of the menu by doing so.
    -The descriptions on wheel settings is laid out and written poorly. It would be much easier to follow if the descriptions of each setting either came up individually when selecting them, or atleast line up with there releveant options along the side of them
    -Better descriptions for some of the settings in general would be great as some are hard to understand and dont really describe what they do in terms of handling.

-Using manual gears
    I should be able to slam the car back into 1st from reverse without being at a complete stop.
    Same goes with being able to put the car into reverse.

There needs to be a way to region lock game searches.
    -I have hosted a few online races where a few mates would join but the lobby is set to public. Basically everyone one that joins has a red connection.
    Bad connections drop the quality of online racing - causing crashes etc that ruin the fun.
    -I would like to be able to set up a series of races with the option to add 2+ events with different cars / tracks. Obviously, points should be scored over each event and have a final score once all events are completed.
    -A penalty system needs to be implemented to punish players that intentionally hit other players. This would obviously be hard to create as figuring out who is to blame is difficult. I would suggest that only penalising people when it quite obvious (Ie - punish the player that does not brake going into a hairpin, one that turns in the opposite direction of the corner or players that make sharp turns on long straits)
    -Players that use the re-set to track button need to be put back on the track in both or either of the following ways: 1. to the oppisite side of the racing line and/or briefly as a ghost. Currently - cars can appear just in front of you, creating an unavoidable collision. I'd also like the ability to turn this off completely.
    (reset to track has nothing "sim" about it)

General
    -The option to change wheel settings from either the pause menu or at the very least, the pre race sections. Making it far easier to tweak your settings. Currently you need to exit the race and go back to the main menu to do this then load up another race to test it. For multiple settings this is a long and involved process.

-The steering deadzone option goes from 0-5 with nothing in between.
    I would like the option to change this to 1,2,3,4 etc as 0 isn't really enough and 5 is way too much.

-Adding the option to change from MPH to KPH in the in-game menu would make it far easier to find. Also - It would be even better if these were automatically set when the players set their country - based on what that country traditionally uses.

-For future titles - Id love the ability to progress through career mode with a co op online friend as a team mate. All progress should be able to be continued as single or co op with friends being able to drop in at random. Progression with co op could be based on team score, not individual. I believe Codemasters have something similar in their F1 games.

-I want to turn off the DS4 speaker.
    I use a headset and having audio come through the controller is far from audible.

Animation of karts
    -The drivers of go karts show their accelerator foot moving but it does not touch the pedal and the pedal does not move. Nothing moves on the brake side at all.

Gear change animations.
    -Gear change animations happen noticeably after you change gear. The drivers only move their hands after you hit the change gear buttons, this makes the visual and audio look very off. Other games show the hands move closer to the gears as the revs get close to the change point and also as you get close to braking points. This is still normally slightly off (it would be near impossible to get this perfect?) but it is far better than what is currently in this game.

And I think that's all I can remember for now.
    Honestly - this is the best racing game I have played (I have only played on consoles) and I am not here to complain. I have spent some time writing this as I want this game to be perfect and I do believe that with a decent patch or two - it has all the potential to be
    Last edited by brettz0r; 09-05-2015 at 09:21.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FoxMulder, onimoD

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    My bugs repor on PS4, with DS4:

When I am on the pit-lane or starting grid, I can put on my windscreen wipers but not my lights
    When an AI car crash and on stay in the middle of the track, the orthers AI cars became stupid on never brakes or avoid it like that:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150509_003.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	199.3 KB 
ID:	201144

When I'm idle, AI never brakes or avoids me and HIT me !
    When I'm in "simulate the rest of the session" mode and I want to drive again, my HUD is desactivate !
    When I'm near the pit lane, on the track, I can go accross an AI car, like a ghost, it's the same with the pit lane boy.

Other suggestions:
    Add a livrery editor on PS4 please !
    Ameliorate the photo mode.
    Amelioration the pitstop animation

And I think that's so ! I love this game !

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Oh ! And after rain, the track is drying evenly and not only trajectory

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    + more game time and I've had the online browser lobby freeze and I've had to close the game to restart. It may have something to do with joining a ps4 party chat though as it happens just after.
    I also could not find my friends game through the lobby browser who was hosting a room. It was not full and they were not racing at that point. (Obviously I just joined through an invite afterwards)

Pitting us it's bugs in online aswell.
    I've had the car just freeze a moment after it exited my teams pit lane and I had to quit the race after a minute of it just sitting there.
    - sometimes you exit pits and it gives you a shortcut penalty even though I have not crossed any lines.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by brettz0r View Post
    -I want to turn off the DS4 speaker.
    I use a headset and having audio come through the controller is far from audible.
    You can adjust the audio volume, or completely mute it, of your controller in the PS Menu. (Settings)
    The following user likes this Post:

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    That won't help.
    That mutes the audio- it does not redirect the audio to my headset.
    Last edited by brettz0r; 11-05-2015 at 23:36.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Pitting us it's bugs in online aswell.
    I've had the car just freeze a moment after it exited my teams pit lane and I had to quit the race after a minute of it just sitting there.
    - sometimes you exit pits and it gives you a shortcut penalty even though I have not crossed any lines.[/QUOTE]

I have been penalised for cutting/leaving the track when I have not, or as I have just received manual control the warning comes up at the same time.

I have to use 'all sounds through headset' option on the PS4's settings menu and the pit crew are deafening to the point of painful when they come through my headset.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    -Using manual gears
    I should be able to slam the car back into 1st from reverse without being at a complete stop.
    Same goes with being able to put the car into reverse.
    If you look in the controller settings, you can customize all your buttons, and can assign a specific button to a specific gear.. This way you can select something you don't need and replace it with reverse or whatever you want.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by brettz0r View Post
    That won't help.
    That mutes the audio- it does not redirect the audio to my headset.
    There is a setting when you hold down the PS button (if you're on PS4) the puts all audio onto the headphones (even the pit crew radio voice)

When you hold down the PS button a menu will appear, choose adjust sound and devices (when your headphones plugged into the controller) go to output to headphone option and change the setting to All audio, that will make all sounds go through the headset you're using.
    Last edited by madmax2069; 14-05-2015 at 21:25.
    The following user likes this Post: FoxMulder