Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The final straw its getting traded

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Angry The final straw its getting traded

Ive put up with the sound glitches vad handling etc etc But this morning a new problem , I`m quite happy working my way up through the karting classes but the game now randonlly crashes and sends the xbox into reboot mode . it`s that bad I cant finish a race

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    The biggest disappointment for me is we've had delay after delay to supposedly work the bugs out of the system. It seems to me the consoles were an afterthought and all the development went into the PC version.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Forza 5 still crashes to this day. I have more faith that Project CARS will get fixed over Forza 5.

Unfortunately we (the community testers) weren't able to apply the same testing to the console versions as we did for the PC version. There were bound to be unexpected issues, its just unfortunate they are so bad that they are affecting people's enjoyment of the game.
    Last edited by Scav3nger; 09-05-2015 at 12:40.
    Windows 7 Professional / Core i7 950 / 12Gb Corsair Vengeance RAM / Asus GTX760 / 240GB OCZ SSD (OS + CARS) / Many other drives / Xbox One Controller / Thrustmaster TX

Project CARS Oceania Facebook Page - for all your future Oceanic region championships and news.
    Project CARS Oceania Website
    The following 4 users likes this Post: BuToNz, Megalomanic87, Moritz Hainz, ThreeAngryOwls

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scav3nger View Post
    Forza 5 still crashes to this day. I have more faith that Project CARS will get fixed over Forza 5.

Unfortunately we weren't able to apply the same testing to the console versions as we did for the PC version. There were bound to be unexpected issues, its just unfortunate they are so bad that they are affecting people's enjoyment of the game.
    I cant belive you are admitting less time has gone into making project cars for consoles. How do you think we feel paying 50 for game that is almost unplayable and full of faults? Saying its unfortunate is just not good enough. Releasing a game knowing these faults exist is just not on. Id rather this hame had not come out for the xbox if its never going to run properly. Yes patches are called patches to fix small errors which i can deal with. This needs a big fix. Read the reviews on amazon. Most people are trading or refunding there games. You have dissapointed many xbox owners who have been waiting for this game.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Aces N Eights, jam1uk, merge111

Platform
    XBOX1
    I haven't had the game crash once on me on the Xbox One. I have the game installed to a USB hard disk and this seems to separate me from a lot people reporting issues with crashes. I'm not defending the game, however all these reports of the game crashing seem to be related to people running it off the internal hdd, this could be a Microsoft firmware/operating system issue due to the stress levels being placed on the console.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scav3nger View Post

Unfortunately we weren't able to apply the same testing to the console versions as we did for the PC version. There were bound to be unexpected issues, its just unfortunate they are so bad that they are affecting people's enjoyment of the game.
    "There were bound to be unexpected issues"

Ummm no, you release a game with no issues, that is what the consumer pays for. We don't pay for a game which is broken, its as simple as that.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Archenemy300 View Post
    I cant belive you are admitting less time has gone into making project cars for consoles.
    I'm not admitting anything because I'm not in a position to. I'm not a part of SMS so don't take what I'm saying as a quote from the developer. It's all my personal opinion. I'm only saying that, as a backer, I wasn't able perform the same testing role for the console version of the game as I was for the PC version for the simple reason that it just wasn't possible. Consoles are closed platforms making any form of crowd sourced testing impossible. That's what makes it an unfortunate situation where the same level of testing we applied to PC version was not able to be applied to the consoles.
    Windows 7 Professional / Core i7 950 / 12Gb Corsair Vengeance RAM / Asus GTX760 / 240GB OCZ SSD (OS + CARS) / Many other drives / Xbox One Controller / Thrustmaster TX

Project CARS Oceania Facebook Page - for all your future Oceanic region championships and news.
    Project CARS Oceania Website

Platform
    PC
    Let's not jump to false conclusions guys. We paid for many months of testing on consoles with external professional testing houses. We built console versions daily and tested internally. Namco had a substantial internal QA process on both consoles and finally, Microsoft and Sony both tested extensively to clear the game.

The controller issue did not come up in any of these tests and we suspect it's a retail version anomaly affecting some people.

Rest assured it's our number one priority at the moment. Our main issue is that we are struggling to replicate it on our development kits but we will find a solution and get a patch out as soon as we fix it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Let's not jump to false conclusions guys. We paid for many months of testing on consoles with external professional testing houses. We built console versions daily and tested internally. Namco had a substantial internal QA process on both consoles and finally, Microsoft and Sony both tested extensively to clear the game.

The controller issue did not come up in any of these tests and we suspect it's a retail version anomaly affecting some people.

Rest assured it's our number one priority at the moment. Our main issue is that we are struggling to replicate it on our development kits but we will find a solution and get a patch out as soon as we fix it.
    Finally, someone who actually works for SMS! What about the frame rate/ graphical issues, are you aware of how these are almost game breaking?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by KnifePartyLFC View Post
    Finally, someone who actually works for SMS! What about the frame rate/ graphical issues, are you aware of how these are almost game breaking?
    You say finally, this is day two of the forum, it's a Saturday and this is my 14th post Tough crowd!

We've already found 4% more performance on Xbox and are still tinkering. But game breaking it isn't. What is a problem is that some users are experiencing freezes/lag when braking and the rumble effect kicks in. This is also our top priority.