Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No fuss made of race winners

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

No fuss made of race winners

After about 10 online races I managed to get my very first win... where it occured to me that no fuss whatsoever is made for the race winner. One of my absolute favourite things about winning races in GTA online was the little fan fare at the end. Showing your name, character and vehicle you won with to the rest of the lobby at the end put a real satisfying stamp on the victory. In project cars you win a race and it's like "yeah yeah yeah lets move along". Anyone else left feeling quite empty after a hard earned race win?
    The following user likes this Post: steve moore

Kart Driver
    i agree a lot of the game sadly feels empty of this kinda thing, it doesnt feel like a racing world and that is depressing because it could have been so much more
    The following user likes this Post: Ramshackle

Platform
    PC
    Small insignificant race celebrations are ready for you once F1 2015 arrives, Codemasters got you covered. If your really desperate for some virtual attention you can play F1 2014 right now, if you dont mind suffering utterly rubbish racing games.

Ta ta
    The following user likes this Post: msmith1

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Daynja View Post
    Small insignificant race celebrations are ready for you once F1 2015 arrives, Codemasters got you covered. If your really desperate for some virtual attention you can play F1 2014 right now, if you dont mind suffering utterly rubbish racing games.

Ta ta
    i think the entire point is that off the circuit and even in the pit lane it does not really feel like a racing game, Toca does, GRID does, this doesnt
    The following user likes this Post: grester

Platform
    PC
    I thought racing games were about racing, not the celebrations afterwards.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: crimson1973, Jan Studenski, msmith1, PC49NZ

Kart Driver
    I thought racing games were about racing, not the celebrations afterwards.
    for me its partly about the racing, but i want to feel like the game universe is alive, it does not really give the atmosphere of a racing game, its hard to describe and i dont care about celebration thing but its all part of making it feel like a racing game
    The following user likes this Post: monsterZERO

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    You know.. When I was a kid of about 6 or 7 I used to use my dads empty discarded match boxes as toy cars. Yeah that's right they had no wheels, looked nothing like cars and they all had the same Swan Vesta livery
    What can I say, we were poor.
    I had to use my imagination. Now look what we have eh..
    I don't know, if you want to feel special after a race get a family member to interview you or something.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Trux74 View Post
    You know.. When I was a kid of about 6 or 7 I used to use my dads empty discarded match boxes as toy cars. Yeah that's right they had no wheels, looked nothing like cars and they all had the same Swan Vest livery
    What can I say, we were poor.
    I had to use my imagination. Now look what we have eh..
    I don't know, if you want to feel special after a race get a family member to interview you or something.
    Swan vest team were the shit, they won everything. I heard they had illegal diifusers
    The following 6 users likes this Post: hkraft300, RacingTopsy, Stewy32, Trux74, Willbert07, wraithsrike

Platform
    PS4
    Sort of agree with the op on this, when the race is over it would be nice to see a virtual driver step up to the podium, there is no cash ect in this game ok I get that but a trophy cabinet would be a nice touch.

Collecting your trophys at race end and watching them build up in your trophy cabinet would be kind of cool and a nice goal.
    PS4
    Apologies Grammar not so great, building skills first class
    The following 6 users likes this Post: ABGRAPHICS, Arkymedes, Gimpymoo, marksy, NegSpec13, slovoflud

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Ta ta
    Seems like a rather juvenile response. I've been waiting a hell of a long time for this game and I'm simply throwing out suggestions to make it a more engaging experience for players. I was under the impression that ideas from the community were welcomed with Project Cars, rather than saying "well go play something else then".
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Arkymedes, Diluvian, Gimpymoo, robnroll88, theredshore, Yuyuko