Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No fuss made of race winners

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Jeezzz, we are getting soft as humans. Trux is absolutely correct. Some of you fellows today don't know how good you've got it, sitting there in front of your computer, xbox, PS4 or whatever they are called, in nice warm houses and not going hungry. Have a look around you, some have it bloody hard, no luxuries in sight nor will there ever be, and what do you want, a friggin slap on the back and told what a good boy you are. Be proud of what you done but do it within reason, It's a good achievement, I'd 'love' to win a race, any sort of race but unfortunately god put me here to make up the numbers.
    Last edited by PC49NZ; 10-05-2015 at 09:49.
    Computer Details: W10 64 bit, QUAD CORE, NVIDEA Ge Force GTX 570 1280MB GDDR 5,SLI DIRECTX 11 CPU: Intel Core 920 2.66GHz 8MB i7 2.67GHZ, 12GB Ram, twin Screens 1920 x 1080 HDMI.
    Logitech DFGT with pedals
    The following user likes this Post: JessicaWalter

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Trux74 View Post
    You know.. When I was a kid of about 6 or 7 I used to use my dads empty discarded match boxes as toy cars. Yeah that's right they had no wheels, looked nothing like cars and they all had the same Swan Vesta livery
    What can I say, we were poor.
    I had to use my imagination. Now look what we have eh..
    I don't know, if you want to feel special after a race get a family member to interview you or something.
    Project Cars is a game that simulates the world of motor racing, right? Tell me of a real world race series where the winner and podium takers don't get a small moment of glory after the race..
    The following user likes this Post: robnroll88

WMD Member
    Celebrations!...You big baby :-)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JonZ View Post
    I have a bottle of champagne next to me, and I pour it into me every time I win as compensation.
    I tried your suggestion. Champagne got staled. Thanks for nothing man! :P

Social/Web Media Manager Rob Prange's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Moved to Feature Suggestions forum.

Platform
    PC
    I'm all for trophy cabinet.
    I guess little podium scene would be cool. I think it was in one of the Trackmania title. Podium cars shown with the names of players. No need for fireworks or F16 over the track. Just a short moment of glory
    Win 7 PRO x64, i7 4790K (4.0 GHz), 16GB RAM, GTX 660, SHARP 46"LE830E, GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3, SB X-FI, Logitech Z-5500 5+1 speakers, Logitech G27

http://sig.gamerdna.com/quizzes/BARTL/Flymar.png
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Ramshackle, Yuyuko

A little in-game celebration would be nice for sure. I do agree that the biggest reward is the race itself and I feel like a winner even when if I don't get to the podium, but some animations or even UI acknowledgement would go ways to get a bit more immersion. Good suggestion, I hope to see something in the future, and keep them coming
    |ASUS P6T SE | Intel i920@2.66GHz | ASUS ATI Radeon HD5850@760MHz | 6GB 1600MHz Triple Channel DDR3 | 3x Samsung Spinpoint F3 | Logitech MOMO |
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Joethe147, Ramshackle

I'd wish they have at least a man waving the checker flag at the last lap. That and a green flag when starting.
    PC Spec: i7 4770K - Gigabyte Z87 UD3H - 2x8gig DDR3-1600mhz G.Skills - Corsair TX850M PSU - Asus Xonar DX - Windows 7 x64 - 3xDell 2713HW - Logitech G27 wheel - 2xPNY GTX980 (SLI Mode)
    my pCARS movies Youtube Channel
    my Vimeo Channel - my Flickr Photostream
    The following user likes this Post: Machinaea

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    How about more visual career trophies and just before the race result have an American style victory lane with your car and a lot of livery matching mechanics.

Platform
    PS4
    i kinda hope pcars 2 lets us at least do a victory lap
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, Rambo_Commando