Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No fuss made of race winners

Platform
    PC
    Keep doing suggestions Ramshackle, those people pissing on you do not represent SMS and the core of WMD.

But I still want to show you my personal opinnion on that. As I'm always driving online, it's common that I have my favorite servers where I know the most people driving there. There hasn't been any need to celebrate the winner visually after the race, the people know you and gratulate you in chat-window - that was always enough attention and is much more "personal" than a visual celebration programmed by the game devs - you understand?
    Last edited by Diluvian; 09-05-2015 at 11:35.
    System: i5 2500k @4,6Ghz, MSI GTX970, 8GB Ram, Win10 PRO 64bit - T500rs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FFB-linearisation-sheet: Open
    To use it you have to make a copy of it! Go to "file" -> "copy.."

If you find bugs or something else, you can create comments inside my sheet or post it in the following discussion thread:

The discussion thread: Visit
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Gimpymoo, Ramshackle, theredshore

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Diluvian View Post
    Keep doing suggestions Ramshackle, those people pissing on you do not represent SMS and the core of WMD.

But I still want to show you my personal opinnion on that. As I'm always driving online, it's common that I have my favorite servers where I know the most people driving there. There hasn't been any need to celebrate the winner visually after the race, the people know you and gratulate you in chat-window - that was always enough attention and is much more "personal" than a visual celebration programmed by the game devs - you understand?
    Thanks man. That's the more mature and reasonable response I was hoping for. I can see why it wouldn't matter so much racing with a familiar bunch, but I still think some kind of recognition or small moment of bragging rights for the race winner (and even podium takers) would be a nice little touch.. and kinda give the solid racers a little notoriety.
    Last edited by Ramshackle; 09-05-2015 at 12:32.
    The following user likes this Post: robnroll88

Superkart Pilot
    I definitely agree with you. And it applies to offline too.
    The following user likes this Post: Ramshackle

Platform
    PC
    Maybe you could have this URL ready to launch in the Steam web browser for when you win.

I've heard that a bunch of league features are planned so maybe they can incorporate this request.

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    It's weird there is no celebration. In career the pit engineer get's ecstatic and when you win a championship there is a visual of a trophy. Clearly this could be done online as well as it is already in the game.

Platform
    PC
    this guy gets it, online or offline a trophy cabinet would be the go
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithsrike View Post
    Sort of agree with the op on this, when the race is over it would be nice to see a virtual driver step up to the podium, there is no cash ect in this game ok I get that but a trophy cabinet would be a nice touch.

Collecting your trophys at race end and watching them build up in your trophy cabinet would be kind of cool and a nice goal.

Platform
    PC
    Maybe briefly show your Driver Network screen with the stats changing after an event, before returning to the lobby...?

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Pucky, Ramshackle

I have a bottle of champagne next to me, and I pour it into me every time I win as compensation.
    PC Spec: i7 4770K - Gigabyte Z87 UD3H - 2x8gig DDR3-1600mhz G.Skills - Corsair TX850M PSU - Asus Xonar DX - Windows 7 x64 - 3xDell 2713HW - Logitech G27 wheel - 2xPNY GTX980 (SLI Mode)
    my pCARS movies Youtube Channel
    my Vimeo Channel - my Flickr Photostream
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Arkymedes, BullWinkle

Platform
    PC
    It should really scroll all the drivers in Bold center screen. PLayer 8 came last, PLayer 6 lost, player 5 lost, player 9 lost, You are all Losers. PLayer 7 Is the winner. haha Be funny to see how many log soon as they cross the line as a loser if it was like that,

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Trux74 comment was class. People will know who's won from the leaderboard who's won. It is a small negative in my eyes, and something that never crossed my mind. Although I can see why it might be an issues to others.