Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cut track penalty too dangerous.

WMD Member

Cut track penalty too dangerous.

The cut track 5s penalty is a good idea, but very dangerous (virtualy ) in multiplayer races.
    If a player get this , and not the following others , and if they are too close , this can give accident on the track.

Keep this system, but could you add a small coutdown before applying the speed limit, for example "cut track penalty in 5 4 3 2 1 ..." to let the driver a few time to leave the racing line.
    this could be only in race mode, or online mode, to avoid bad best lap times on tracks with a cut possible just before the finish line.

thanks for reading
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Dalhil, PaulyP

Platform
    PC
    Or the car should be ghosted, so that others can drive thru it if given a penalty.
    And speaking of ghosted, I can't tell you how many times I've wiped out avoiding a wreck, when I didn't have to because the car coming out of the pits was still ghosted.
    Is there any way to tell if a car is ghosted or not? There should be some markings that distinguish it from a non ghosted car, but I never looked or noticed.
    The following user likes this Post: OperatorWay

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    thats a good idea, cars with time penalty should be ghosted, because the most want to block other players

Umer Ahmad
    I think they will ghost the penalized car

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad View Post
    I think they will ghost the penalized car
    And obvious to all visually, that it is ghosted.

WMD Member
    If its ghosted, the risk is that the guy stay on the ideal racing line. and too people seeing him may try to pass right or left because they don't know when he won't be ghosted anymore -> other possible accident.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: F2kSel, Motorhead Racer, N0body Of The Goat, PaulyP

Platform
    PC
    1) Timed penalties should immediately ghost that car when penalty is administered.
    2) The ghost car should immediately become faded. The more faded, the longer it's ghosted. The fade starts to go away as it wears off. Kind of like a timer.
    3) And if they improve the opponent names, they could also put a ghost digital timer on that, instead of the ping rate, or in place of the ping rate while ghosted.

This would give other drivers 2 visual clues of a ghosted or penalized car, with plenty of time to adjust, if they need to at all depending on the amount of time left on that ghost.
    This is also useful for those ghost cars coming out of the pits and jumping in your way on a hot lap.
    In both these situations, you may decide to just drive through that ghosted car, if you know it's ghosted and have the time to do so.

Also, with these 2 visual additions, the ghost may become more practical to use in other situations in the future.
    Last edited by Stocky; 22-07-2015 at 18:55.
    The following user likes this Post: OperatorWay

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I think penalties should be time penalties added on at the end of the race. Your engineer should let you know if those ahead or behind have time penalties. If they cut repeatedly then a drive-thru should be issued or a DQ.

Slowing the car is dangerous.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Motorhead Racer, N0body Of The Goat, Neil Hopwood, Ralph B, Robhd

WMD Member
    A ghost car on the track look less real game for me (anyway it's used).

If you drive fast and see a slow car on the track, not sure you have time so see if it's a ghost one and for how many time will it be ghosted.

That why i suggested the simple countdown (only in race or multiplayer mode). Many others things more important must be done in the game, and i think this should be easier to add than a "new ghost rule".

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilM0nk3y View Post
    I think penalties should be time penalties added on at the end of the race. Your engineer should let you know if those ahead or behind have time penalties. If they cut repeatedly then a drive-thru should be issued or a DQ.

Slowing the car is dangerous.
    I think there are double penalties because I recently won 2 races and I ended up 2nd on the final board.
    Or it was just a bug ?