Thread: Problems with Clio racing

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Question Problems with Clio racing

Hi all

I've got a question about the Clios and the first cup on the calendar when you start a new career. Basically - the AI are destroying me on the straights and that's causing my qualifying and race positions to be compromised. I'm pretty experienced with racing games and know how to corner etc. I carry a lot of speed through the corners and often make up a couple of places (if the other cars are near by) but as soon as I hit the straights they power past very quickly. This is on PS4.

Things I've done so far:

Tweaked pad settings using some of the recommendations from this forum
    Reduce the amount of fuel from 'full' to just enough to finish the race/qualifying session
    Made sure tyres are up to temperature before pushing the car
    Tweaked gear ratios (too long means I don't accelerate fast enough out of the corners, too short and the top speed is reduced further still!)

It seems that the gear ratio sliders only move in large jumps and not small steps. Maybe I'm missing something here? Is there a way to more finely adjust the ratios?

I'm looking for some advice here on what I can tweak on the car to give me better top line speed or what I can change on my driving style to try and improve.

Any ideas?

Platform
    PS4
    Strange suggestion, but bear with me. Change your throttle away from the triggers to, say, the x button. I have heard that sometimes the triggers get sticky and dont depress past 80%.

Platform
    PC
    Sounds like your controller is not applying full throttle.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the tip. I've tried some online today too and the losing-speed-on-the-straights thing happens there too without touching the car setups. Very frustrating.

I've tried using X to accelerate but you lose all throttle input nuance which is vexing.

Any other tips from people? My controller works fine in other games so I don't think it's broken or not depressing all the way.

Pull up the telemetry screen, it shows how much throttle is applied...

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Bringing up the telemetry was a good shout. Showed that the trigger was only applying about 80%! Changed the throttle/brake to the right stick and that allows me 100% throttle. Left trigger works fine and applies 100% with no problems.

Tried tweaking the dead zone for the right trigger but that didn't seem to help. How strange! Does this mean my controller is knackered or is there a way to calibrate the trigger manually in the options? A way to specify min/max range would be good.
    Last edited by TheBiGW; 10-05-2015 at 15:02.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Not sure on PS4, but on PC I can manually calibrate my throttle and brake in the controller settings screen. Calibration is on the bottom of the screen (like said on PC, dunno about PS4). My pedals currently don't reach 100% too, but I solved this by calibrating them to 90%. Hope this works for you too.

In the end, you should get another controller though, since the lowered range will hurt you.

Kart Driver
    there is a throttle sensitivity setting in the options somewhere, sorry i cant remember offhand where but that might help
    Xbone Thrustmaster TX with Fanatec Clubsport V1 pedals

www.2old2play.com

2old4forza