Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Force Feedback Settings - Steering Settings, explanations, descriptions and how-to's?

rocafella1978

Question Force Feedback Settings - Steering Settings, explanations, descriptions and how-to's?

hi SMS staff, after having problems or not feeling the FFB properly or soft, sometimes too much, and trying to understand all the FFB details in game settings, i tried to google the problem and jn finding a solution, came to find out there are hundreds of post people complaining or at least not knowing how and what all the settings are for. is there a guide you can provide for this?
    also maybe how you have tested on various platforms and various manufacturers steering wheels and bases with FFB, since the standard FFB does not seem to work well, i can only say with my Fanatec CSW Base V2 and BMW GT2 steering wheel i have been unsuccessfull in getting a proper/ realistic setup for how the vehicles feel and drive on PC and on PS4 version. (I have both)
    and of course any help, guides, tutorials, manuals, videos would be greatly appreciated. (and yes, have found many other online already but would like to get some direct feedback from the makers and creators themselves)
    thanks again for your wonderful work and game you have provided to sim racing gamers around the world! and your hard work!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: gruzzlebeard, poirqc

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I agree with you that tutorials would be really helpfull. This kind of game can't be enjoyed without proper calibration.

In my case, i'm having a hard time finding information about 270 degree lock wheel. I have a momo racing logitech wheel.

Thank you

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Im sure some users will do it quicker then devs. So please share it with us.

rocafella1978
    reading this FFB problems with various wheels on so many outside forums, and i can't get mine to work properly...maybe wait for next updates/ patches of game? i am sure WMD/ SMS is overwhelmed with support, bugs, glitches and major system & platform issues all over the world, not to speak of major system crashes i have been reading about on other forums and youtube videos people showing/ recording.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    An offical DETAILED pdf explaining exactly what each FFB setting does and what each setting adjustment means would be fantastic, Ive 10 years PC sim racing experience and the lack of explination has got me totally dumbfounded as it has many others, the task of trial and error becomes near on impossible when faced with over 1,000,000+ possible setting combinations and no explination of exactly what each slider means. Ive done the usual google / youtube searches and yes there are vids others have done but from all of those ive seen no ones really knows exactly what everything means. Asides from this well done, yes there are bugs to be ironed out but the overall package if very impressive!
    The following 8 users likes this Post: ex_, joking_aura, Leonardo Da Vinci, lethaLEEkill, LR_Se7eN, Mulder89, nomen nescio, stux

Platform
    PC
    Not sure where I copied this from, but it was helpful for me. Whomever authored it, I apologize for not knowing who you are.

General FFB strength
    Output strength of the FFB to the wheel after it has been calculated by the FFB engine. This is basically the final 'volume' adjustment of the FFB. This means that if the FFB is clipping, turning the FFB strength down won't help anymore.

Tyre Force
    This is the strength of the tyre contribution to the FFB, which is also the main contributor to the FFB. If the FFB is too high or too low for all cars, you can adjust this value to get it equally stronger/weaker for all cars.

The car-specific settings
    These you want to adjust when the FFB of one car is good while for the next car it's too weak or strong (or has a wrong subjective balance of the individual force contributors).

Spindle Master Scale: this scales the forces below it equally up and down, i.e. it's the FFB 'volume knob' specifically for that car. Turn it down if the FFB is clipping, and up if it's too weak.
    Fx: this is the FFB component representing the longitudinal force on the tyre contact patch. This should determine FFB when accelerating or braking, but I haven't really experimented with this one yet.
    Fy: this is the FFB component representing the lateral force on the tyre contact patch. Very important for feeling mass transfer/inertia of the car when cornering.
    Fz: this is the FFB component representing the vertical force on the tyre contact patch. This plays an important part in the 'road feel' of the FFB, i.e. when going over bumps in the road.
    Mz: this is the FFB component representing the twisting force of the wheels, i.e. rotation along the vertical axis of the wheel. It is the self-aligning force of the wheels into the driving direction and is most important for getting the 'classic' feel of the FFB getting lighter when the front tyres lose grip.

So when you want a particular force to stand out in the FFB, raise its relative contribution to the total FFB, and after that adjust the Spindle Master Scale value if necessary to get the FFB stay within the full range (i.e. not clipping or getting too weak)."
    Alienware Area 51, 32GB RAM, 2 x GTX 980, Titan X, 3 x Asus 24" @ 144Hz, Tactile transducer 80w, 200w amp, JBL speakers, Fanatec CSW , Fanatec CSR pedals, Fanatec ClubSport Shifter & Handbrake, GTR Simulators chassis
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, denis74, gruzzlebeard, kekeberg, lethaLEEkill, thespeedracerx

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC

Project CARS Force Feedback Tips PC - PS4 - XBox One

I thought this might help some of you guys having problems setting up the FFB.

https://youtu.be/mlOdRTB4njY
    Last edited by Roger Prynne; 09-05-2015 at 17:02.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following 2 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, GT500

rocafella1978
    yeah one of many posted and even in forums, the problem is, that nothing is 100% in regards to the sliders and other options and what they do and how they function, it is basically from people "thinking" the function is "this and that" but nobody can really confirm.
    The following user likes this Post: joking_aura

Platform
    PC
    try adjusting deadzone removal range to 0.10 - 0.50 and increasing master spindle scale in the car setup options.
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver."

Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5Ghz | Sapphire vapor-x r9 280x 3gb | Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF | Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120Gb | Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit | Logitech g27 | Xbox One Controller | DSD Trackboss 2014 | TrackIR v5

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by rocafella1978 View Post
    yeah one of many posted and even in forums, the problem is, that nothing is 100% in regards to the sliders and other options and what they do and how they function, it is basically from people "thinking" the function is "this and that" but nobody can really confirm.
    I totally agree with you rocafella, no one can really confirm 100%, I'm very hopefully that an official detailed settings guide can be made available soon