Thread: SMS-R Brands Hatch GT Sprint

Platform
    PC

SMS-R Brands Hatch GT Sprint

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 at Brands Hatch GP

Discuss

Platform
    PS4
    Just done a 1.26.695 on this event but when I checked to see where I stood on the leaderboard my best time was 1.26.890? I made sure that faster lap was valid as the time in the split time box was green and I had another few laps to try and beat it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	201042

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	182.6 KB 
ID:	201043

Platform
    PC
    managed a 1:25.8 on standard setep earlier this evening, need to work on getting a sharper turn in and sorting out the gearing - 6th really is completely useless!

I've noticed that you can set the fuel level in com events to 1l and it defaults back to 5l in the event - is this a bug or a feature?
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver."

Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5Ghz | Sapphire vapor-x r9 280x 3gb | Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF | Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120Gb | Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit | Logitech g27 | Xbox One Controller | DSD Trackboss 2014 | TrackIR v5

Platform
    PC
    Team Xbox One - SDL Motorsport - Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/sdlprogamers

Name:	SMSR.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	201091
    --------------------[ SDL Motorsport ]--------------------
    Team Manager
    Champion Driver SMS-R Driver Championship 2015
    Champion Team SMS-R Driver Championship 2015
    3rd place - Project CARS Cup at Gamescom 2015
    3rd place - ESL Project CARS Cup at Paris Games Week 2015

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Andjem View Post
    I've noticed that you can set the fuel level in com events to 1l and it defaults back to 5l in the event - is this a bug or a feature?
    I would say that's a feature. It seems to be all time trials keep you at 5l constantly. I'm assuming this is to keep everyone on the page.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Did today .24.96x with ds4. I still have 0.2 in the first sector, 0.3 (max) in the middle and if I drive this home it Finns be too time, not 29th on the leaderboard!

The car is sometimes stupid, understeers a lot specially on first right hander. My tip is that y'all keep the car calm, avoiding sliding and shift on the 4th light (when comes in the middle), and after the first sector the hairpin, I go with 2ng gear out, bring all grip out of the corner(driving TC OFF and stability control OFF), and in the middle sector keep the car in third gear and try having the momentum out of the corners.
    Last edited by Iwanchek; 11-05-2015 at 17:42.

Platform
    PC
    After half a hour I got down to 1:23.846 .. but did some setup changes. Huge respect to all those gamepad drivers getting such fast times.

[PC, Wheel]
    System: i5 2500k @4,6Ghz, MSI GTX970, 8GB Ram, Win10 PRO 64bit - T500rs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FFB-linearisation-sheet: Open
    To use it you have to make a copy of it! Go to "file" -> "copy.."

If you find bugs or something else, you can create comments inside my sheet or post it in the following discussion thread:

The discussion thread: Visit
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, at least top 10 for now.
    Not really fun to play in the heat without any ventilators. Car has awesome sound though and since i was so rubbish in the Fa event i kept going.
    Good thing they made the car a bit less heavy during devopment feels pretty good now!
    WIN7x64 | i5 4570 | 8 GB | GTX760 | G25 | Avid Mbox Pro | BenQ W1070 Beamer Topology v3 Tweakers

Vehicle Technical Lead Casey Ringley's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Andjem View Post
    managed a 1:25.8 on standard setep earlier this evening, need to work on getting a sharper turn in and sorting out the gearing - 6th really is completely useless!

6th is quite long on this one, yeah. We got a tip from one real SLS GT3 team that at a number of tracks they don't even bother getting out of 4th! Car works around it fine by having a good bit more power than other GT3 cars.

5L fuel is a feature in TT. Low fuel and consumption off to level that part of the playing field and put focus on other areas of setup rather than picking exactly the right fuel level per track. Somewhat debatable, I know, but we think it's a solution that works.
    Haste Is Slow

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Ringley View Post
    5L fuel is a feature in TT. Low fuel and consumption off to level that part of the playing field and put focus on other areas of setup rather than picking exactly the right fuel level per track. Somewhat debatable, I know, but we think it's a solution that works.
    I like it, works well and saves a lot of hassle restarting sessions so you've got the least amount of fuel possible.