Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SMS-R Brands Hatch GT Sprint

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TRCThrobbinhood View Post
    How much an advantage is it with a wheel in this game? The way you said it suggests pad users are at a disadvantage?
    Well, with a pad you can't steer or use the pedals as accurately, so you are definitely at a disadvantage. By how much will depend mostly on the car and to a lesser degree on the track. The Formula A require much more precise inputs than a GT3 car for example. Overall my guesstimate is that the difference between two people of equal skill level, one playing with a gamepad the other with a wheel, would be around 1-3 seconds.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by David Semperger View Post
    Well, with a pad you can't steer or use the pedals as accurately, so you are definitely at a disadvantage. By how much will depend mostly on the car and to a lesser degree on the track. The Formula A require much more precise inputs than a GT3 car for example. Overall my guesstimate is that the difference between two people of equal skill level, one playing with a gamepad the other with a wheel, would be around 1-3 seconds.
    I did have wheelstand pro and Fanatec and g25 wheels but due to space had to sell, was looking at the simracer controller but there is no ff, so I'll have to stick to the pad.
    I just got a 1.20.5 with the formula A at the Catalunya GP track, 25th I think, so not doing bad, but yes for this game your estimations are probably right, I'm losing a lot of time at the first long chicane there, not tried Brands Hatch SMS-R yet.

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David Semperger View Post
    I agree about the steering but, at least from my experience when testing with the gamepad, I don't see a disadvantage in regards to braking and accelerating with the triggers. Steering precision imho is the main point.
    System: Intel i5 4460, 2x4096MB, GIGABYTE Z97-D3H, Zotac GTX 970 4096MB, Logitech Driving Force Pro, Xbox 360 Gamepad, Xbox One Gamepad, Win10 Professional

Platform
    PC
    Hello,

Change name for standing SMS-R Driver Championship please

GT-club_Atho_ change SDL_Atho

Thanks
    --------------------[ SDL Motorsport ]--------------------
    Team Manager
    Champion Driver SMS-R Driver Championship 2015
    Champion Team SMS-R Driver Championship 2015
    3rd place - Project CARS Cup at Gamescom 2015
    3rd place - ESL Project CARS Cup at Paris Games Week 2015