Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Career Kickstart Touring

Platform
    PS4
    I liked the way it worked on Forza, where the use of TCS, ABS, etc was shown next to the users time.

I also believe that in Forza the absolute quickest way to drive was with no assists. I can only assume this is the same for Project Cars; I certainly hope so anyway.

Of course in real life you're likely to be far more consistent with assists on, than with them off. No assists should merit higher risk, but greater reward in terms of lap times. I've kept all assists off since booting up the game though...
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Magictap, TRCThrobbinhood

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hanging out in the low 54s on Xbox one using a controller... Most in the top of the leaderboard are using a wheel...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by CQR Basher View Post
    5 - When tuning the car and selecting the track to save the tune to, it would be sensible to have more save slots for different tunes. The clio is tuned for the flying lap of qualifying in this case but I would like to have a race tune saved for Brands Indy that won't cook my tyres in a few laps.
    Absolutely, the tune saving interface confused me a bit at first but I like that you can save setups by track. But definitely you need to be able to save multiple tunes per track.

Quote Originally Posted by THMcCluskey View Post
    52.074, can't quite get under that 52 second barrier; yet.

How someone has managed sub 51 seconds is beyond me.
    Yeah, that 52 second barrier was impossible for me until about 5 minutes ago as well. The thing that got me past it was softening the rear sway bar I think. Either that or it was just driving lap after lap after lap. I think I got the consistency achievement for my laps just above the 52 second mark, probably several times over. Seeing sub 51 second times on the leaderboard is just depressing though.

Quote Originally Posted by ibby View Post
    Interestingly my potential time also says 27 seconds so perhaps all the tracks where the potential time is glitching the bug can occur?
    Yeah, my potential time says something similar. It's pretty annoying, it would also be nice if the game kept a better record of your lap times as well. Being able to review your lap and sector times after exiting (and during) a session would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by THMcCluskey View Post
    There appears to be a delay with updating the leaderboards.

Say I set a 52.3 and exit out. It'll say I haven't registered a time.

I go back in and set a 52.1. I exit out again, and it'll say I've set a 52.3.

Also occasionally it'll tell me in the pause menu that my fastest lap is slower than what it was. Fortunately this doesn't correlate with the actual leaderboards, as I thought I'd lost my #5 time in the Ariel Atom V8 on Brands Indy.
    I haven't experienced delays with the leaderboard updating, but I'm glad it sounds like I wasn't imagining it when I thought I'd made my first sub 52 second time, then looked at the pause menu to see 0:53.003. My previous lap times just above 0:52:000 were consistent, and on that lap I'd seen times at landmarks around the track that were as good as any other lap I'd done. So I thought I was going crazy when I was apparently almost a second slower than I thought I'd been.

On that subject, I find that the sector times on screen aren't consistently showing for me. Quite often they don't appear at all, and it's hard to tell exactly how fast or slow I'm going. I don't even look for them anymore really, and ignore them when they do appear, because I've resorted to just looking at my current lap time when I reach certain points on the track. It would be good if this could be fixed. Like I said, it's rare that I actually see the sector times appear on the screen, but I think they are relative to the current session best. I think it would be good to have the option of displaying sector times relative to your personal best lap overall, not just for the session.

WMD Member
    In this game mode would be interesting to see more easily the total number of participants. When one puts a ghost car lap times could be synchronized with it. Why not put real-time time car in front and behind and ranking in real time.

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiMan View Post
    On that subject, I find that the sector times on screen aren't consistently showing for me. Quite often they don't appear at all, and it's hard to tell exactly how fast or slow I'm going. I don't even look for them anymore really, and ignore them when they do appear, because I've resorted to just looking at my current lap time when I reach certain points on the track. It would be good if this could be fixed. Like I said, it's rare that I actually see the sector times appear on the screen, but I think they are relative to the current session best. I think it would be good to have the option of displaying sector times relative to your personal best lap overall, not just for the session.
    Will have to double check cause Im not in the game atm but from memory.

The splits dont show if you have dirtied the lap.
    Generally relates to session best as the relative.
    Should be able to change from session relative to your "best" time by cycling the lap info (could be wrong here, something tells me you can though).
    CPU: i7 4790K. MOBO: Asus Maximus VII gene. RAM: 16GB Kingston hyper x @ 1600Mhz. GPU: GTX 780 PSU: Seasonic Platinum 750W CPU COOLER: Corsair H105.Chassis: Lian Li PC-359B OS: Win 8.1 x64 Display: LG 21:9 2560x1080

Current Input
    : G27 | Xbox 360 controller - no assists

WMD Member
    The splits also don't show if your previous lap was invalid, afaik.
    System: Intel i5 4460, 2x4096MB, GIGABYTE Z97-D3H, Zotac GTX 970 4096MB, Logitech Driving Force Pro, Xbox 360 Gamepad, Xbox One Gamepad, Win10 Professional

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Which is a little dumb, because the time for that lap *is* valid ...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Managed a 51.873 with the pad, but I remember playing Forza with TRC car club and I would do lap after lap not being able to get in the top 100, then a great tuner in the club gave me the tunes and I was in top twenty within a few laps, so even though I probably wouldn't go under 51.00, I would fancy 51.3 with the right tune, I've chased the leader and he goes away after the last corner even if I take it great, tunings not an easy thing to get right.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by TRCThrobbinhood View Post
    Managed a 51.873 with the pad, but I remember playing Forza with TRC car club and I would do lap after lap not being able to get in the top 100, then a great tuner in the club gave me the tunes and I was in top twenty within a few laps, so even though I probably wouldn't go under 51.00, I would fancy 51.3 with the right tune, I've chased the leader and he goes away after the last corner even if I take it great, tunings not an easy thing to get right.
    Definitely, a good tune can shave crazy time off. I was in the same boat on Forza, able to set top 50 times on most lower class tracks, but only if I had a stonking good tuning setup.

Unfortunately I don't know how to tune for sh*t.
    The following user likes this Post: TRCThrobbinhood

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Just got a 51.497, 360 pad, pretty pleased with that.
    Last edited by TRCThrobbinhood; 16-05-2015 at 23:29.
    The following user likes this Post: THMcCluskey