Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SMS-R Formula A Barcelona GP

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Well its not totally default, but tbh i didnt change too much. More front wing, gearing & ride height tweaks, also moved brake bias more to front and tweaked differential. Havent touched springs or dampers at all yet.

Also as note: Using kers & DRS problerly at right places can make quite a bit difference to laptime.
    Last edited by Joni Varis; 10-05-2015 at 10:20.
    | Core i7 5820K | ASUS X99M WS| 16GB 3200Mhz DDR4 | GTX 980Ti 6GB | Kingston HyperX 480GB SSD & 3TB HDD | Fractal Design Define C Mini |
    | Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | Seasonic 660w Platinium | Thrustmaster TX (T3PA pedals) & GT Omega Evo | Samsung C32HG70 32" 2560x1440 monitor |

Steam ID: johnnyw84

Platform
    PC
    I've done 1:30 with defaults and after watching the video I'm like "Damn the defaults have no grip at all!"

Also semi related with corner cutting, Quote from a Senior.
    Last edited by grester; 10-05-2015 at 11:09.
    If I helped you please like my post, much appreciated.
    SEARCH YOUR ISSUE BEFORE CREATING A NEW THREAD! TWO JOINED POSTS ARE BETTER THAN TWO SEPARATE!
    OS: Win7 Pro x64 | CPU: Intel Core i7-E2600 | GPU: ASUS GTX 560 Ti 1GB | RAM: 16GB | Wheel: Logitech G25
    Driving Style: No aids, Manual H Gear, Manual Clutch, Helmet cam
    My personal bug tracker

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Default aint that bad. I did my first laps with bone stock set and best i got was like 1.20. With more laps could easily still shave some time off from that.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    [I really dont get what kind of pleasure these guys gets when setting top times by obvious cheats.[/QUOTE]

Well I have to say how can they even do it, surely these tracks have been tested to death, why weren't these blatant corners patched so they can't be cut? And will they? I don't really see how you can offer prizes and hold competitions like this when its a race between the best cheaters? Until all these corners that can be cut are patched whats the point in entering if like me you want to race fairly. Its disappointing from a development point of view as this should of been picked up well before release, on monza you can't cut the very first turn on the s bend, and on monaco you can cut the first right hander completely.
    The following user likes this Post: NemethR

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by robnroll88 View Post
    Well I have to say how can they even do it, surely these tracks have been tested to death, why weren't these blatant corners patched so they can't be cut? And will they?
    Tracks cut corners aren't that optimized, simple as that. I've said it before, during Closed Beta they seemt to only focus on gameplay experience and visuals (that's only thing you saw on youtube back then), and they kinda avoided any other kind of problems the game had (which so far I've personally found like 10 of them).
    If I helped you please like my post, much appreciated.
    SEARCH YOUR ISSUE BEFORE CREATING A NEW THREAD! TWO JOINED POSTS ARE BETTER THAN TWO SEPARATE!
    OS: Win7 Pro x64 | CPU: Intel Core i7-E2600 | GPU: ASUS GTX 560 Ti 1GB | RAM: 16GB | Wheel: Logitech G25
    Driving Style: No aids, Manual H Gear, Manual Clutch, Helmet cam
    My personal bug tracker
    The following user likes this Post: Natedogg1867

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    yes its just a shame to see, and the game has been out a matter of days yet theres a lot of the cheat corners come up already, and really obvious ones at that, I found the one on monaco by accident on an online race, i overtook a car on the main straight heading for turn 1, and I braked to late and slid right over the turn a cut it, and got no penalty, so I slowed down and gave the guy the place back, as in real life i should of been penalised. the next lap i thought ile try that again, this time i directly cut it, right over the curb, and nothing. I mean it doesn't get more obvious than that to me, and holding competitions offering prizes to people who cheat before fixing these problems doesn't seem fair to the players who put the time and effort in to race fairly and clean. I've seen videos on youtube of people setting times and cheating, and its irritating for people who genuinely want to race a fair race.
    Last edited by robnroll88; 10-05-2015 at 13:02. Reason: typo

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni Varis View Post
    Well its not totally default, but tbh i didnt change too much. More front wing, gearing & ride height tweaks, also moved brake bias more to front and tweaked differential. Havent touched springs or dampers at all yet.

Also as note: Using kers & DRS problerly at right places can make quite a bit difference to laptime.
    Wow, 1:20 with default setup. Did you have any problem with brakes locking or do you just slam them on fully? Or was that what you changed the brake bias for?

Platform
    XBOX1
    Hotlapping pro's been doing it for years remember on PGR we would wall bounce to gain those extra few micro seconds, welcome to hotlapping we will take whatever line which is fastest, stretch any track rules to make it happen
    Internet ----Router----XboxOne----HDTV

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni Varis View Post

DOH! Just watched your vid again and was thinking to myself what the little bar going down next to the DRS was...been trying to get into the 1.19's and didn't even realise there is a KERS...facepalm.

Platform
    XBOX1
    The LethalDose I altered that tune its in the setup subforum I ran a 1:20.188 with a bit left in it, you might wanna check it out
    Internet ----Router----XboxOne----HDTV