Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: request leaderboards for each car

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

request leaderboards for each car

Hi can we have leaderboards for each car because at the momment it is pointless to hotlap others apart from the fastest car due to the inbalance of the classes.
    The following user likes this Post: Bobbydakid

Platform
    PC
    Is that about console leaderboards? IIRC there were platform related reasons why individual vehicle leaderboards can't be created. The chance for a workaround would be sorting the leaderboards in another way, but it was decided that we go with the classes.
    There's no "I" in "team", but there's a "we" in "weapon".
    --- 5% Club member --- former TGC member and steward --- RSR member --- Steam Name: Mortimer8701 ---
    Gigabyte H77-D3H | Intel Xeon E3-1245v2 (4x3.4GHz) | Inno3D GeForce 970 iChill X4 Air Boss (4GB[-0.5GB]) | 8GB DDR3-1600 | Win 8 Pro x64 | Thrustmaster T500 RS /w F1 rim | HTC Vive
    System Drive: Sandisk Extreme 120GB | Storage drive: WD Green 2TB (pCARS space) | Case: Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus | Power supply: Corsair GS600

TIP: If you post your system details in your signature, you will help make it easier to identify potential hardware/driver related issues.
    To edit your signature, click Control Panel (top right corner) and in your control panel, look under the My Settings header on the left for Edit Signature.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    yes platform related but this would give the game more replay value for the people that like to hotlap or mix the classes up so that cars can compete with each other because at the moment that area of the game will dry up fast

Platform
    PC
    Gotcha, for us it wasn't great to hear that, too. The difference between the consoles and the PC leaderboards is that SMS has a server running which is hosting the leaderboards for PC and therefore has complete freedom which leaderboards are created (=all). For the consoles we're dependent on external means.

I'm sorry, but the only means to compare yourself with others is using the fastest cars (I know it sounds stupid, but that's what it is) and in the hosted events.
    There's no "I" in "team", but there's a "we" in "weapon".
    --- 5% Club member --- former TGC member and steward --- RSR member --- Steam Name: Mortimer8701 ---
    Gigabyte H77-D3H | Intel Xeon E3-1245v2 (4x3.4GHz) | Inno3D GeForce 970 iChill X4 Air Boss (4GB[-0.5GB]) | 8GB DDR3-1600 | Win 8 Pro x64 | Thrustmaster T500 RS /w F1 rim | HTC Vive
    System Drive: Sandisk Extreme 120GB | Storage drive: WD Green 2TB (pCARS space) | Case: Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus | Power supply: Corsair GS600

TIP: If you post your system details in your signature, you will help make it easier to identify potential hardware/driver related issues.
    To edit your signature, click Control Panel (top right corner) and in your control panel, look under the My Settings header on the left for Edit Signature.

Platform
    PC
    There isn't Vehicle record tab in TT when you choose ghost on consoles?
    Win 7 PRO x64, i7 4790K (4.0 GHz), 16GB RAM, GTX 660, SHARP 46"LE830E, GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3, SB X-FI, Logitech Z-5500 5+1 speakers, Logitech G27

http://sig.gamerdna.com/quizzes/BARTL/Flymar.png

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Maybe classes could be made smaller. So cars are more competitive to each other? Like a class for the old group a touringcars? The same for the open wheeled cars.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    its just a shame because the dominant car in the touring category is the merc amg c coupe which is limited edition then the people that dont have limited edition will not have the chance to compete on those leaderboards because the other cars in those classes are to slow to even compete.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    The leaderboards are not diverse enough, you cant have Formula C times on the same leaderboard as Formula A, nor can you have GT5 on the same leaderboard as GT3, you have gone to great lengths to create many vehicle categories of cars such as FA and FB so do it for the leaderboards. When playing online you have to choose a category of cars such as GT3 and everyone in that lobby must race in GT3 cars to keep the racing competitive so it does not make sense for the leaderboards to be set up differently. People may want to only concentrate on Formula B cars but their times will never be high on the leaderboards because the Formula A times will always be faster, this for me has already destroyed much of the replayability of the game. Im sure if Forza Motorsport can nail this there should be no excuse for Project CARS we dont need a leaderboard for each car just the vehicle category.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: EMW Reaper, g33k hack3rs, onimoD, xLeper_Messiah

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Kulinski View Post
    Gotcha, for us it wasn't great to hear that, too. The difference between the consoles and the PC leaderboards is that SMS has a server running which is hosting the leaderboards for PC and therefore has complete freedom which leaderboards are created (=all). For the consoles we're dependent on external means.

I'm sorry, but the only means to compare yourself with others is using the fastest cars (I know it sounds stupid, but that's what it is) and in the hosted events.
    If turn 10 can do it with Forza, then can you explain again why SMS can't do it ? Not being rude, but just didn't understand your explanation.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim sublime5446 View Post
    The leaderboards are not diverse enough, you cant have Formula C times on the same leaderboard as Formula A, nor can you have GT5 on the same leaderboard as GT3, you have gone to great lengths to create many vehicle categories of cars such as FA and FB so do it for the leaderboards. When playing online you have to choose a category of cars such as GT3 and everyone in that lobby must race in GT3 cars to keep the racing competitive so it does not make sense for the leaderboards to be set up differently. People may want to only concentrate on Formula B cars but their times will never be high on the leaderboards because the Formula A times will always be faster, this for me has already destroyed much of the replayability of the game. Im sure if Forza Motorsport can nail this there should be no excuse for Project CARS we dont need a leaderboard for each car just the vehicle category.
    ^ what he said!
    The following user likes this Post: Jim sublime5446