Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: request leaderboards for each car

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffyboy1962 View Post
    If turn 10 can do it with Forza, then can you explain again why SMS can't do it ? Not being rude, but just didn't understand your explanation.
    Just a guess but the fact turn 10 is owned by Microsoft might have something to do with it
    Neil

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.110622-1503)
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series x 2 - Crossfired
    Display Memory: 2806 MB

Wheel: Logitech G27 Racing Wheel USB

“Houston, be advised: Rich Purnell is a steely-eyed missile man.”
    ― Andy Weir, The Martian

Kart Driver
    I agree that there should be a leaderboard for each car, on each track, that shows what assists are on/off, if the lap time was valid, and what gear you're using.

Assetto Corsa didn't have one either, then someone made one.

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/

Is this kind of thing possible here? It's pretty much a must have app with AC. It adds a very rich dynamic.

Edit: I certainly don't want to come off as one of those guys who constantly says "Blarghh.. this game has this thing... why doesn't PCars!!!?" Just asking if the community could take care of this one.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: aussiejeff, thespeedracerx

WMD Member
    This is a good request, I set the 5th fastest lap in a Clio yesterday but the domineering car on the track was a merc. I then set a faster lap with the merc but my Clio time has been lost. As it stands it pointless playing time trial with anything other than the domineering car from the class. I like to push all cars in a class and keep my fastest time for each one. I'm a ps4 player

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Hang on, we talking consoles here? because on PC the Time Trials (Hot Laps) have different boards for each car already.

Platform
    PC
    Moved to Feature Suggestions forum.

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripgroove View Post
    Hang on, we talking consoles here? because on PC the Time Trials (Hot Laps) have different boards for each car already.
    Yes, console leaderboards are by track by class. Absolutely pointless running a TT on any car bar best in class as you can only have one lap per user Id on leaderboard

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I haven't looked into the leaderboards yet so that's disappointing to read. I did notice in career after a race there isn't any times being saved or view online leaderboard option to select.

Along with the ghosting, rubbish controller support and now basic leaderboards it doesn't look like I'll be playing this for long.

The console versions seem more and more as an afterthought. Oh well.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffyboy1962 View Post
    If turn 10 can do it with Forza, then can you explain again why SMS can't do it ? Not being rude, but just didn't understand your explanation.
    DriveClub has such leaderboards on PS4 too, but guess it's something completely different with exclusive games. I would love to understand this better too.
    Anyway, I hope you reconsider this and investigate the possibilities again. It would be really great to have some filter options (by car, by category, only friends) for the leaderboards.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    i was hoping there would be leaderboards that could be sorted between worldwide and friends ( On the Xbox One )
    or even clubs with leaderboards there too

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Kulinski View Post
    Gotcha, for us it wasn't great to hear that, too. The difference between the consoles and the PC leaderboards is that SMS has a server running which is hosting the leaderboards for PC and therefore has complete freedom which leaderboards are created (=all). For the consoles we're dependent on external means.

I'm sorry, but the only means to compare yourself with others is using the fastest cars (I know it sounds stupid, but that's what it is) and in the hosted events.

This is a game breaker for me, completely renders all the work put into the modelling and handling of these cars useless. You may as well just have one car in each class as no one will waste any time taming and mastering the slower cars in a class if that time goes unrecorded/unrewarded.

All the good things put into this great game is wiped out by something as simple as this, crazy.

I love the game, but pretty much every racing game I've played have these simple things as standard, reason being they're crucial for replay ability. Driveclub has excellent leaderboards, so it most certainly can be done on Sony's network.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Deadzone, Edh, Sp4mD4gger, thespeedracerx