Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Game, but something is missing

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Good Game, but something is missing

First my E-nglish is not the Best, but i do my best.

The Game is not bad, Cars, Weather, Tracks and the Races very good.

But i miss a Story. I dont mean another illeagel driver you wants to Save the World. no, please not. But why can i not build a own Team. As Exampel, in the First Season, i earn Money, so that i can buy in the Second Season my First own Car, to build an own Team. If i want a Teammade, i have to buy a Second car for him and can choose between diffrent Ai-Drivers. If i want to drive in a higher Class, i have to buy a Car for that Class too. For my old Cars in the lower Classes, i can get a second AI-Driver. the Drivers cost money, but the Team earns Money over the Races. So i can build over many Season a big Team which has Cars in every Raceclass.

As i said i love the Races, but a good motivation is missing. Now the Game is out and its too late for that. I can only talk for me and for other Players, but if ther was a DLC with a good career mode, i will buy it.

Ok, thats all what i want to say right now. Sorry again for my Bad english.
    Last edited by Teruk0801; 09-05-2015 at 17:51.

Kart Driver
    your English is easy enough to understand and i agree with your post, the thing i most loved about GRID is being able to create your own team, i would love the chance to compete to become the best team in the game but its still a great game

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Racing drivers do not own their cars. They do, however, fight and scrap for sponsorship to drive in new series. I do wish this was explored a bit more.

As for team building, I don't think that should be the centre of the game - it is a sim driving game, not a team building one. However, I would have enjoyed an option to add a team-based element (buy cars, running costs, licensing for races, other costs etc) once you've completed the zero-to-hero. Allowing you to choose where you'd like to open your team (which series) whether or not to expand to certain series, who the drivers are and in which series you'll be racing for your team (if you have a FA, FB and F Rookie teams you cant race for all of them). I never expected this though.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    yes i agree, Racedirvers dont own there Team, but they have a Goal, to earn much money. This Goal is missing in a Game. Second i dont want to drive in all Classes. if a new Seasons Starts i take a class and have to stay there in that Seasons, all other cars can be driven by AI-Drivers.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Why can't it be a Sim and a Team building racer? Why are limitations put on games like this at all. I don't think fleshing out the team side of it would have been much more of an effort.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_arnett View Post
    Why can't it be a Sim and a Team building racer? Why are limitations put on games like this at all. I don't think fleshing out the team side of it would have been much more of an effort.
    And I think that you're way too optimistic about that Especially when taking about an indie developer with limited money and manpowe.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_arnett View Post
    Well for one you have to finish the game at some point with the resources you have available. And if you keep adding new elements like the whole a team managing part (which takes a lot of time to develop) the game won't ever be finished.
    | Intel 3570K (4,7 Ghz) | 16 GB DDR3 | Asus Strix GTX 970 | LG 34uc97 3440x1440 | Samsung 256GB SSD | Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE Wheel | Win7_x64.1 |

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah that would take a lot of work and not necessary for a sim.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Platform
    PC
    one of the big selling points of pCars is the sandbox style career mode, I hear Forza and GRID cater nicely for that type of gameplay!
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver."

Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5Ghz | Sapphire vapor-x r9 280x 3gb | Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF | Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120Gb | Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit | Logitech g27 | Xbox One Controller | DSD Trackboss 2014 | TrackIR v5

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    You pick a track and learn it and drive it smoother.
    You pick a car and fine tune it and drive it faster.
    This corner, this lap this, this race, how good can I be.
    No money, no team, no game... just me and this machine, right here right now....

ProjectCars
    Sim Racing No end in sight.

after all you've got some 12 year old shoes to fill

twcom
    nr2003 4 life
    with a side order of ProjectCars to go