Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [ANSWERED] What is WMD?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

[ANSWERED] What is WMD?

I don't understand what WMD is and how it relates to pCARS. DID they pay SMS to develop the game. What are toolpacks?

Thank you

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    I try to explain it short:

WMD means World of Mass Development.

Normally you have a Publisher that does Pays the Development Team for creating a Game.
    They decide how the Game has to look and defines the Features together with the Dev Team.

Here at WMD the Gamers do funding the Game, and decide together with the Dev Team how the Game should be.
    Also the Gamers do testing the Game and give Feedback.

So you can assure that the Game will be like it was designed from the Gamers itself.

It has many Pro's for both Teams the Gamers and the Development Team...

The Toolspacks was different Options how you could participate at this Development Process...
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...
    The following user likes this Post: Interchangeable

Platform
    PC
    Hi,

WMD or World Mass Development is the forum for the original backers of the game (people like me, with the yellow name badge) and the staff of SMS.

Toolpacks relate to the level of access each member had during the development stage of the game:

Junior (Update once a month)
    Team Memeber ( Once a week)
    Full manager, not sure what if that was it was called (Once every few days)
    Senior Manager (Every day)
    PC Specs
    CPU: Intel core i7-4771, 3.5 GHz (haswell bridge) | Motherboard: Asus Z87-K | OS: Windows 10 Home 64*bit April update | Graphics card: Palit NVidia GTX 1070TI | Wheel & Shifter: Thurstmaster T500 RS with Fanatec CSL LC's and TH8A Shifter | RAM: 16GB DDR3 | I.S.P: Virgin Media VIVID 200 DRIVE: 1TB SSD

Flickr

Platform
    PC
    Weapons of Mass Destruction
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Brandon Pisz, Interchangeable

Platform
    PC
    Wmd is the world of mass development portal. The idea was to have a game financed by gamers, developed with gamers. Collect feedback from a large community, give them the possibility to share their opinion on some main aspects of the game.
    Also it was kinda great for bug finding, because thousands of eyes see more than a few dozens.

Ninja'd 3x
    Last edited by Invincible; 09-05-2015 at 18:46.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Tiger View Post
    I try to explain it short:

WMD means World of Mass Development.

Normally you have a Publisher that does Pays the Development Team for creating a Game.
    They decide how the Game has to look and defines the Features together with the Dev Team.

Here at WMD the Gamers do funding the Game, and decide together with the Dev Team how the Game should be.
    Also the Gamers do testing the Game and give Feedback.

So you can assure that the Game will be like it was designed from the Gamers itself.

It has many Pro's for both Teams the Gamers and the Development Team...

The Toolspacks was different Options how you could participate at this Development Process...

Thank you for the explanation. What were the different toolpacks like? I did not know about the game until last year, and did not get in on WMD in time. Can I still provide feedback?

BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment is listed on the Steam store page. I thought they published the game and SMS developed it. So WMD is part of SMS?

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Yes WMD is created by SMS...
    Namco Bandai is our Distributor and also a tiny bit Publisher...
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    Also it was kinda great for bug finding, because thousands of eyes see more than a few dozens.
    Unless you're Ubisoft were all of them are blind!
    PC Specs
    CPU: Intel core i7-4771, 3.5 GHz (haswell bridge) | Motherboard: Asus Z87-K | OS: Windows 10 Home 64*bit April update | Graphics card: Palit NVidia GTX 1070TI | Wheel & Shifter: Thurstmaster T500 RS with Fanatec CSL LC's and TH8A Shifter | RAM: 16GB DDR3 | I.S.P: Virgin Media VIVID 200 DRIVE: 1TB SSD

Flickr

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Interchangeable View Post
    Hi,

WMD or World Mass Development is the forum for the original backers of the game (people like me, with the yellow name badge) and the staff of SMS.

Toolpacks relate to the level of access each member had during the development stage of the game:

Junior (Update once a month)
    Team Memeber ( Once a week)
    Full manager, not sure what if that was it was called (Once every few days)
    Senior Manager (Every day)
    How often did people you pre-ordered get updates?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by flyoffacliff View Post
    How often did people you pre-ordered get updates?
    That depended on what toolpack they were.
    PC Specs

Flickr