Page 219 of 416 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 4157

Thread: Jack Spade - FFB Tweaker Files

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    I think that's exactly it. People are trying to make it feel like what they are used to. My understanding is that in AC all FFB effects are canned. That can't be as realistic as a truly physics driven FFB system.
    AC uses partially canned forces, which you can switch off.

BTW 'canned' forces can still be physics-driven when using formulas with physics input. This then won't be derived from what the front tyres are doing maybe, but it still can be based on relevant parameters like car speed, suspension parameters etc.

Case in point: I have suggested to add a road noise FFB option in pCARS2, based on physical parameters like car speed, typical road surface graininess, suspension stiffness and perhaps some more parameters. It won't be based on an actual physical fine structure in the road mesh because that would be way too much data in the road mesh for the game to be able to handle, but it will still be based on physical parameters that are changing over time. So it's 'semi-canned', still based on physics, and I can't see how that could be 'bad', 'arcade' or similar terms.

/offtopic
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA MSAA Medium | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say. || Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: charliev69, NoBrakes, rocho, Schnizz58

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    AC uses partially canned forces, which you can switch off.

BTW 'canned' forces can still be physics-driven when using formulas with physics input. This then won't be derived from what the front tyres are doing maybe, but it still can be based on relevant parameters like car speed, suspension parameters etc.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    Case in point: I have suggested to add a road noise FFB option in pCARS2, based on physical parameters like car speed, typical road surface graininess, suspension stiffness and perhaps some more parameters. It won't be based on an actual physical fine structure in the road mesh because that would be way too much data in the road mesh for the game to be able to handle, but it will still be based on physical parameters that are changing over time. So it's 'semi-canned', still based on physics, and I can't see how that could be 'bad', 'arcade' or similar terms.
    I think that would be a nice enhancement.

Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Platform
    PC
    Thanks roger.
    Pc, thrustmaster TX, TH8a, g27 pedals with gteye brake mod, wheel stand pro v2
    Mobo - asus crosshair v formula z gaming, 24gb ddr3 ram 1600mhz, amd 8320 8 core @ 4.2 ghz, gtx 1070.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius_85 View Post
    Hi Jack, many thanks for your great work. Also many thanks to all the guys making the sheets and apps. I am changing back and forth between using your Fy+SopLateral and 66% settings.

If I understand this correctly, you use a weighting of 2/3 front + 1/3 rear in the Fy+SopLateral settings and 1/3 front + 2/3 rear in the 66% settings. I am wondering if there is any reason why you don't simply use 1/2 front and 1/2 rear?

I am going to test this by starting from Fy+SopLateral and multiplying the values of FyScale by 3/4 and SopLateral by 3/2 as this should do the trick. Have not done this yet so I can not report how this feels on track.
    I used a 50/50 % mix version for some time before this became a retail game, but I wasnīt pleased with it, itīs the way Fy/SopLateral fade into each other. The 33/66 and 66/33
    have a clearer difference to either side of character.
    System: Win 7 Ultimate 64, i7 2600 @3.4 Ghz, Asus P8P67, 8GB Corsair, GTX 570 (Driver 344.75), Samsung 2443 @ 1920x1200, Fanatec CSW V2.5 (FW 317, Driver 292), CSP V2, Buttkicker/SimVibe

PC 2 - Custom Files here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1358152
    PC 1 - V3.1.1 - FFB Tweaker Files here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post891198
    The following 2 users likes this Post: papysoupape, Tiberius_85

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC

CSW v2 linearity depends on the "Dri" setting

Things sometimes arenīt that easy....yesterday I posted the CSW v2 FFB linear test and my statement was "The CSW v2 isnīt linear", see post# 2170.

This is not correct - CSW v2 linearity depends on the "Dri" setting which is part of the wheelīs internal parameters. The wheel is linear if "Dri"
    is in the off position, and gets more non linear the higher the "Dri" value. By default "Dri" is in the off position. In this mode there is a
    small amount of drag. (similar in game - per wheel movement) There was a statement by Thomas Jäckermeier, head of Fanatec, Dri = 3 is neutral.

People who prefer "Dri" values other than off should do the FFB linear test and adjust the Scoop stuff accordingly in order to have a linear response.

Here are some screenshots of the FFB linear test - "Dri" at - 3, 2 and off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dri 3.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	216766

Name:	Dri 2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	147.7 KB 
ID:	216767

Name:	Dri off.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	216768
    System: Win 7 Ultimate 64, i7 2600 @3.4 Ghz, Asus P8P67, 8GB Corsair, GTX 570 (Driver 344.75), Samsung 2443 @ 1920x1200, Fanatec CSW V2.5 (FW 317, Driver 292), CSP V2, Buttkicker/SimVibe

PC 1 - V3.1.1 - FFB Tweaker Files here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post891198

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    That's a very interesting post Jack and I'm keen to try some of these Dri settings. I have the CSWv2, play pCars on PS4 and am following your work very closely. To date I've always used Dri = off. With all your experiences with finding great feedback forces would you be happy to share your typical wheel settings for say a GT3 car? I would be very interested to know what you're doing with the wheel set up to get the best feeling. Based on your global settings I have the on-wheel settings set as...

SEN = off/Aut, FF = 100, Sho = 10, ABS = off, LIn = off, dEA = 10, drI = off, For = 100, SPr = off, dPr = off
    I am also running the latest 116 firmware

Thanks for your help Jack
    PS4 | Fanatec CSW v2 | F1 Rim | M3 GT2 Rim | CSP v2 | CSS SQ 1.5 | GT Omega Pro Racing Simulator

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstreme View Post
    That's a very interesting post Jack and I'm keen to try some of these Dri settings. I have the CSWv2, play pCars on PS4 and am following your work very closely. To date I've always used Dri = off. With all your experiences with finding great feedback forces would you be happy to share your typical wheel settings for say a GT3 car? I would be very interested to know what you're doing with the wheel set up to get the best feeling. Based on your global settings I have the on-wheel settings set as...

SEN = off/Aut, FF = 100, Sho = 10, ABS = off, LIn = off, dEA = 10, drI = off, For = 100, SPr = off, dPr = off

My CSW v2 settings are on first page of this thread, as this is a global setting and not linked to a certain type of car.

The following user likes this Post: Ecstreme

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstreme View Post

Why are you using a deadzone of 10?!
    Intel i7 4770K @ 4.5 GHz | Asus Z87 MAXIMUS VI HERO | 16GB 2133MHz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 500GB SSD
    Fanatec CSW V2 w/CSP v 3.00 | Leo Bodnar SLI-PRO | Iiyama 40" ProLite X4071UHSU-B1 4k LED | HTC Vive

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks Jack, I should have looked a little harder first!
    PS4 | Fanatec CSW v2 | F1 Rim | M3 GT2 Rim | CSP v2 | CSS SQ 1.5 | GT Omega Pro Racing Simulator

Platform
    PS4
    Hi
    I have updated to the excel new version ffb and the settings are diferent from previous version.
    Itīs not supposed to put only the new dlc cars?
    All cars have new settings.Why?Because 3.0 patch?