Thread: [Miscellaneous]Grester's Bug List

Hybrid View

Platform
    PC

Exclamation [Miscellaneous]Grester's Bug List

Continues from Steam Discussion.
    Below (next post) you can see a summary of all bugs I found and their dev status.

Detailed report of bugs:

May 9th and before

1. Scroll bar of leaderboard after a race is finished is not calibrated. It should scroll downwards not upwards. It results in this:

2. Settings arrows used for accurate adjustments do nothing at all:

3. Either the intro isn't skipable but pausing doesn't disengages gears, or the keyboard is able to skip intro but pausing disengages gear. On the first case you can also disengage gear during pause but only if you open steam overlay. In the second case alt-tab is considerably harder than otherwise.

4. Also can I suggest you remove the higher penalty for going off track at the end of a lap? I mean isn't it bad enough that you've ruined a lap at the end but you also have to suffer the next one for it? I just don't see the point of it. I don't think even rFactor has such severe consequence.

5. Local stored ghosts have no information of type of controller used.

6. Track browser can be annoying at times. When in the menu where you can see the actual layout of the track, when you go back it doesn't select by default the track you were viewing, instead it selects the last track you raced. This is extremely annoying when you're simply browsing locations and it keeps going back to somewhere else. Another related suggestion is just add the layout already to the complete individual list without the need to go to locations and see each locations track possibilities. I'll possibly post a video about this soon.

May 10th

7. My engineers suddenly seem to have gone mute. This is a known issue but again I didn't had this before. Unless the game updated without me being aware of it then either the game gone nuts or perhaps the engineer only fancy certain events.

8. You can't create a pit setup without refueling. I was trying to create a pit setting with only changing tires but it wouldn't allow me to go below what the fuel tank originally had. I have the feeling the refuel bar is quite unstable.

9. Either the AI is broken or the weather is broken or both are broken or the AI gets broken because the weather is broken. Just look at this thread.

10. Before a race, trying to change tires is useless as every time you go back to settings it reverts to "Automatic by weather", save has no effect apparently. Multiple witnesses.

11. Changing graphic settings resets controls. Known.
    Last edited by grester; 14-05-2015 at 12:04.
    If I helped you please like my post, much appreciated.
    SEARCH YOUR ISSUE BEFORE CREATING A NEW THREAD! TWO JOINED POSTS ARE BETTER THAN TWO SEPARATE!
    OS: Win7 Pro x64 | CPU: Intel Core i7-E2600 | GPU: ASUS GTX 560 Ti 1GB | RAM: 16GB | Wheel: Logitech G25
    Driving Style: No aids, Manual H Gear, Manual Clutch, Helmet cam
    My personal bug tracker

Platform
    PC
    Summary of bugs/suggestions I found/submitted:
    A bug/suggestion gets acknowledge status once I get feedback from a dev in regards to it. This feedback is given either from replies or updates to this thread.
    (Legend: Fixed/Adopted; Acknowledged; Unconfirmed; Dismissed/Denied. Importance: M:Major; m:Minor; S:Suggestion)

Steam discussion:
    1. M:HUD positions not saved: Fixed
    2. m:Pit camera change: Acknowledged
    3. m:Single Player name spaced: Unconfirmed, no clear feedback if this got Acknowledged.
    4. m:Lights off in pits: Unconfirmed
    5. S:AI lights: Acknowledged
    6. m:Foggy sunrays: Acknowledged

Forum thread:
    1. m:Leaderboard scrollbar: Unconfirmed
    2. M:Useless settings arrows: Unconfirmed
    3. m/M:Keyboard intro unskipable/Pausing disengages gears: Unconfirmed, only one of them works at once.
    4. S:End lap extra penalty: Denied (sort of), me and quite a few people consider that this at least needs to be improved. Good discussion.
    5. m:Local ghosts: Unconfirmed
    6. M:Track browser: Unconfirmed
    7. m:Mute engineers: Acknowledged
    8. M:Must refuel pit: Unconfirmed
    9. M:AI vs Weather: Fixed
    10. M:Pits settings not saved: Fixed
    11. M:Changing graphics reset controls: Acknowledged

For detailed report see post above.
    Last edited by grester; 16-06-2015 at 17:53.
    SEARCH YOUR ISSUE BEFORE CREATING A NEW THREAD! TWO JOINED POSTS ARE BETTER THAN TWO SEPARATE!
    OS: Win7 Pro x64 | CPU: Intel Core i7-E2600 | GPU: ASUS GTX 560 Ti 1GB | RAM: 16GB | Wheel: Logitech G25
    My personal bug tracker

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by grester View Post
    4.Also can I suggest you remove the higher penalty for going off track at the end of a lap? I mean isn't it bad enough that you've ruined a lap at the end but you also have to suffer the next one for it? I just don't see the point of it. I don't think even rFactor has such severe consequence.
    Well you can cut the latest corners on a Track an go faster over the Start/Finish straight, this will give you an advantage...
    So i think this Penalty is really ok.
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberian Tiger View Post
    Well you can cut the latest corners on a Track an go faster over the Start/Finish straight, this will give you an advantage...
    So i think this Penalty is really ok.
    I get the idea, then perhaps some tracks need tuning on that. For example I've been doing the Formula A Barcelona Challenge and the last squiggly turns if you go off track it punishes you even though that track is designed in a way that it can be cheated like that. I do agree for example on Spa, the last turn has a lot of asphalt off track, that a player could use to get some extra speed.

Update: That's what I thought until I saw this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Diluvian View Post
    Ok I started to compete with this event and I'm getting an 1:20:xxx time now (definitely NO cutting) and started to compare my driving with the ghost of the 1:18:xxx times and what do I see..
    the watched ghost (FinPro) cuts turn 14 and 15 (the "s" before the last turn - he cuts right before the curbs and drives through the "green colored area"). will those cheaters be kicked out of the list?
    Last edited by grester; 10-05-2015 at 10:58.
    My personal bug tracker

Platform
    PC
    I haven't tested yet but according to change log some annoying and major issues were fixed.
    My personal bug tracker