Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: [See Post #69] Weird speeding up during race

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by amzg View Post
    I'm desperate with this issue
    Have you tried -fpscap 30? Unfortunately it is 30fps, but at least it'll be playable

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by NOOT NOOT View Post
    Have you tried -fpscap 30? Unfortunately it is 30fps, but at least it'll be playable
    Yes, and the issue is still there...
    AMD FX-8350 / 8Gb RAM / ATI Radeon r9 280x / Windows 8.1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    The issue seems to appear when braking just before a corner and also on long straights. Imho, that excludes the reason for the issue to be CPU power management. A guy in 2012 on youtube has found the reason to be smth called xinput. That's all I could found. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6p411OYOUVI

There is a second topic about the same issue, btw.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by tr0ubles0me View Post
    The issue seems to appear when braking just before a corner and also on long straights. Imho, that excludes the reason for the issue to be CPU power management. A guy in 2012 on youtube has found the reason to be smth called xinput. That's all I could found. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6p411OYOUVI

There is a second topic about the same issue, btw.
    Have a look at the video I've posted, it's slightly different to the one you've linked. https://youtu.be/eVUg8mqGfcI?t=83

I am aware of the second topic, I couldn't find anything related to it in the forums before I made this one, but turns out it was made a day before mine.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    My brother is having the issue again in career mode.
    So we tried to test in an online race with 25 AI cars as a test. He was complaining that he was seeing the issue a lot in that race.
    In our second race I was coming up behind him on lap 3 entering turn 1 on Willow springs. As I got close I saw his car speed up and go off track much like what you would see in lag conditions but that was actually one of the instances where his car was doing this and I could clearly see it happen from behind him.

I have not experienced this at all my self other than the one time seeing it happen to him.

I saved the replay and tried to watch it but after I started the replay I was trying to figure out how to switch cars and it crashed the game. After that I was unable to view the replay at all as the game would crash everytime I tried to load the replay.

He also recorded the telemetry data from the lap but he must have hit the rest button when he was off track and made the telemetry data all messed up so we could not even tell for sure where it happened.

We are doing more testing to try and determine what is going on there. It would seem that it is not a video problem though as I was able to see it too when it happened to him on that occasion.

We may try another race online later where I follow him for a few laps and see what I can see from that view point.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Ram:16gb DDR4 OS:Win10x64 Pro GPU:GTX 1050 Ti SSD: Samsung 960 Evo M2 HDD: WD Black 1TB
    Wheel: CSR Elite w Clubsport Pedals: Driver: 2.05 FW: 757

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Did more testing today and still having the issue and still have not gotten to the bottom of it.
    Things we tried;
    Changing his settings to match mine
    Changing my settings to match his
    Updating the video driver
    Checking temperatures during a race.

I was using an older driver than he was, we both updated to the latest driver.
    We were running different settings, so he tried mine and I tried his.

In all cases he experienced the problem and I did not.

There are two things that we have noticed thus far that may or may not be a factor.
    1: His video card is getting hotter than mine. My topped out at 75c during a 4 lap 56 car race at Lemans. His hit 82 after the first lap and was not yet showing the glitch but soon would have so maybe heat related?
    2: When we ran Performance Test his CPU Physics topped out about 15% or so below mine which seems odd as he has the faster CPU I have an 8350 and he has the 9590
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Ram:16gb DDR4 OS:Win10x64 Pro GPU:GTX 1050 Ti SSD: Samsung 960 Evo M2 HDD: WD Black 1TB

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    We have been doing some more testing and capturing some results. I am attaching a partial image from a hardware monitoring program that shows the section where the problem occurs. I have cropped out a lot of the data and monitors to try and show just the ones that seem to indicate the issue and marked where they occurred.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Graph.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	203566

This was recorded during a race on Lemans in solo mode with 56 cars on track. It seems to take a while before the problem shows up but once it happens the first time it happens again and again.
    In this case we had also disabled the page file and used the command line switches for capping the fps at 60 novr skipcrowds and pthreads 4

You should be able to see clear drops in the GPU and frame rate in each case and also there seem to be spikes on CPU 8 at the same times

Hopefully this may help a bit?

If more info needed let me know

btw the frame rate is dropping in those 5 instances above to somewhere in the low to mid 20s

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The problem we were seeing appears to have been cpu throttling. The power options in windows did not help any. We finally got it to behave by reducing the clock speed on the CPU to 4ghz. After we had tried everything under the sun we dropped the CPU setting down from 4.7ghz to 4.4ghz and was much improved but still present in a field of 56 cars. Dropped it on down to 4ghz and have no saw an issue so far even with 56 cars. Have not yet tried 56 cars in a storm or at night though.

I think in this case it was the CPU MB combo FX9590 and GB970 series. It seems the 970 does not fully support the CPU and I am guessing that it had issues with that 220watt beast after a while. My 8350 is on the same board and runs fine at 4ghz so that was the setting we ended up with on his and seems to have did the trick.

I don't know if this may help anyone else here but thought I would share just in case.
    The following user likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I think I've solved this issue. (Please excuse my limited English)

Yesterday, I do not remember where, I read that to play Project Cars, is better disable any overclocking (CPU & GPU). I don't know why, but it is so.

Using AIDA64 , I see that I have a 5% overclocking (4200MHz), my cpu Fx8350 is originally 4000MHz, then.... how is that possible?? if I had not done any overclocking?

Well, looking at the bios TWEAKER OC option, I see this option "AMD Turbo Core Technology" and it is "AUTO". I have disabled it, and now in AIDA64 I get the cpu is 4000MHz without any OC.

After doing this change, I've been playing for over two hours and the issue has not appeared again!!!!! coincidence??? I don't Know certainly :/
    AMD FX-8350 / 8Gb RAM / ATI Radeon r9 280x / Windows 8.1
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, Mark Bevan, McFly91, Roger Prynne

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi,
    ok great i try this and i tell you what it is for me

sorry for my english
    AMD FX-8350/8gb Ram/GTX 660 OC/Windows 8
    The following user likes this Post: amzg