Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pitstops / Tyre Changing

Platform
    PS4

Question Pitstops / Tyre Changing

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been mentioned/solved/explained, but how the hell do you change tyres during free practice? I like running test sessions and normal set up a change in weather to test driving in the dry then the wet, but for the life of me when I enter the pits all I get is the mini menu that pops up to select a preset or swap driver, but it does nothing...what am I doing wrong?

Kind Regards

Platform
    PC
    From top of my head I would say that you select the preset and than you should be able to tweak it.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Press escape and Edit Car Setup.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    From top of my head I would say that you select the preset and than you should be able to tweak it.
    Thanks for the reply, but my problem isn't tweaking them, it's actually carrying out the pitstop. When I enter the pits the car goes into auto drive, but just continues through the pits and no tyre change takes place :-/

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Northlander View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but my problem isn't tweaking them, it's actually carrying out the pitstop. When I enter the pits the car goes into auto drive, but just continues through the pits and no tyre change takes place :-/
    Have you requested a pit stop prior to entering?

Pete
    Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Come visit my YouTube channel for TGC races and general Project Cars racing

Platform
    PC
    return to the pits and adjust the car setup - most cars will have at least 2 / 3 tyres to choose from
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver."

Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5Ghz | Sapphire vapor-x r9 280x 3gb | Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF | Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120Gb | Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit | Logitech g27 | Xbox One Controller | DSD Trackboss 2014 | TrackIR v5

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackvault View Post
    Have you requested a pit stop prior to entering?

Pete
    I didn't realise you needed to as the small on-screen menu pops up when you enter the pits with your pit strategy and the option to change driver...looking at the control options I see you can map a button for 'request pitstop' Having mapped a button on my wheel for this, I get nothing when I press it :-/

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Sorry forgot this was a PS4 thread...
    Last edited by Roger Prynne; 09-05-2015 at 23:11.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Im trying to figure this out to. i have a white m sport bmws 1 series e82 coupe ad i want t play with the 1 series in white but it keeps choosing random colours!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel123d View Post
    Im trying to figure this out to. i have a white m sport bmws 1 series e82 coupe ad i want t play with the 1 series in white but it keeps choosing random colours!
    Please stop posting this question into other threads. This is the second time you've done it. I have given help in your original thread.

Pete
    Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Come visit my YouTube channel for TGC races and general Project Cars racing
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bandidoFPS, Northlander