Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you change the look of your car in career mode?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Question How do you change the look of your car in career mode?

I've heard you can do it in your garage but I don't see the option.

Platform
    PC
    In career you drive your team "colours" so you can only choose the team before signing contract.
    Win 7 PRO x64, i7 4790K (4.0 GHz), 16GB RAM, GTX 660, SHARP 46"LE830E, GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3, SB X-FI, Logitech Z-5500 5+1 speakers, Logitech G27

http://sig.gamerdna.com/quizzes/BARTL/Flymar.png
    The following user likes this Post: NemethR

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I find it a bit of a joke that you can't change the colour of your car in career mode.

Social/Web Media Manager Rob Prange's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_arnett View Post
    I find it a bit of a joke that you can't change the colour of your car in career mode.
    You really need to look at it the way career is set up. You're the race car driver and you sign with a team to drive their car.

Do you think a driver gets a say in what the colors of the car are like? It's all about simulating the experience of being a professional race car driver

Platform
    PC
    I could understand your gripe if you owned the team and signed yourself up as the driver.
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K 3.90GHz Turbo | MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7 Intel Z97 | MEMORY: 16.00GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | GPU: 2 x MSI GTX970 4GB GAMING TWIN FROZER SLI | Primary Monitor: BenQ 27" XL2730Z 2560 x 1440 (WQHD) 144Hz | Secondry Monitor: HannsG HG216D" 22" 1680 x 1050 60Hz | Tablet: 9" Inch Quad Core Camera Android 4.4 16GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 650 W | Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 | Speakers: Dell MMS 5650 5.1 | OS Drive: 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO | Games Drive: Samsung 120GB 850 Evo SSD |Back Up Drive: 1TB Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 ATA Device (SATA) | External Storage: 1TB Western Digital WD Ext HDD | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit |Cockpit: GT Omega Pro Racing Simulator Professional - RS6 Seat | Wheel: Logitech G27 | Pedals: Thrustmaster T3PA PRO | Headset: Gamdias HEPHAESTUS GHS2000 | Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech MX3200 cordless. |

DX11 | 2560x1440 | POST PROCESSING FILTER: ON | LENS FLARE: ON | SUN FLARE EXT: FULL| SUN FLARE INT: FULL | BLOOM: ON | RAIN DROPS: ON | CREPSULAR RAYS: YES | SCREEN DIRT: YES | TEXT RES: HIGH | TEXT FILT: 16X | AA: DS2M | FXAA: HIGH | SMAA: OFF | REFLECTIONS:HIGH | ENVIRONMENT: HIGH | CAR: ULTRA | TRACK: ULTRA | SHADOW: ULTRA | M BLUR: LOW | RENDER FRAMES: 2 | GRASS: LOW | PARTICLE LEVEL: HIGH | PARTICLE DENSITY: HIGH | STRETCHED HEADLIGHTS: YES |

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I understand the need for realism but this is a game. Realism shouldn't dictate every aspect especially when it means taking away simple features that have always been in racing games. It would help with the feeling like your play through is your own if you had more options.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I understand the need for realism but this is a game. Realism shouldn't dictate every aspect especially when it means taking away simple features that have always been in racing games. It would help with the feeling like your play through is your own if you had more options.
    In all fairness it is a racing sim and not an arcade game, it has never been touted as anything else.

There are other car games out there with plenty of options for customisation such as the need for speed series....

Platform
    PC
    This is a feature that has rarely been in "racing" games. In most cases the career simulates either being a driver (Codies F1/ToCa 1-3) or owning a team (EA/Eutechnyx Nascar series/Codies Grid Series). In games where you are a driver, this is simply rarely if ever implemented. You have sometimes a choice of teams. But you don't get to wantonly chose your car colour.

If realism in experience is a core goal and component of the game, then absolutely it should be dictating the direction of feature implementation. Project Cars is not a Car Collection, Collect and drive game. It is not eight million cars. It's a selection of some of the most interesting race cars and performance vehicles in order to engage in competition with them. This is a racing game. I'm sorry but being able to paint your car whatever you please in your career as a contract driver is about as sensible suggestion as letting Lewis Hamilton paint his car pink with green spots because he doesn't particularly enjoy Petronas. Something that also wouldn't happen in a serious F1 game.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System 3rd Generation Intel Core Processor I5 3570k @ 4.2ghz (Corsair H60), Asus P8z77-v LX, 640gb WD Caviar Blue Primary, 1tb WD Caviar Green Data/Backup, 1tb Toshiba Tertiary backup, 8gb Corsair Dominator 1333mhz DDR3 (@1600mhz), Galaxy 4gb Geforce 680GTX
    New Blackberry Playbook Charger/Project Box Acer 3613LCI (Celeron M 370 1.5ghz, 2gb ram, 40gb hdd) Windows XP
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Sony Dualshock 3

SteamID:Shin321

SBJS Team Driver in NCS PC Division

WMD Member
    If you want this, set up your own solo race weekend. In career you drive the car in the colours of the team. You have no control of this in the same way that Hamilton and rosberg cannot change their car colour to red.
    The following user likes this Post: FloF000

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm not hamilton or rosberg. I'm sitting at home in my pants driving a car on the screen haha. It is a racing game. I just wanted to change the colour of my car.