Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mid Race Saves

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Mid Race Saves

Sorry if this has been answered, can we save mid race in career mode, also if I let the ai take over for a while can I jump back in the car to take over or do I have to let it simulate to the end of the race.
    Thanks

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjrosco View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered, can we save mid race in career mode, also if I let the ai take over for a while can I jump back in the car to take over or do I have to let it simulate to the end of the race.
    Thanks
    You can't save mid way through a race but you can indeed go into the pits and ask for the AI to take over. Select the swap driver option when entering the pits.

Hope that helps.

Pete
    Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Come visit my YouTube channel for TGC races and general Project Cars racing
    The following user likes this Post: PC49NZ

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    does anyone know how to jump back in the car after the AI? there is no option to bring car back into pits for driver swap or do you just have to wait until next required pit stop?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by gormanio View Post
    does anyone know how to jump back in the car after the AI? there is no option to bring car back into pits for driver swap or do you just have to wait until next required pit stop?
    Good question, if you press Pause while the car is under AI control do you have an option to request a pit stop?

Pete
    Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Come visit my YouTube channel for TGC races and general Project Cars racing

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackvault View Post
    Good question, if you press Pause while the car is under AI control do you have an option to request a pit stop?

Pete
    there is no button to request pit stop when you press pause, but if you go to controller config/assignment you will see there is a pit request option, you just have to assign a button to that, i used R3 on the ps4 as it was the only button left on my controller.

when racing an endurance race and your getting tired or the missus needs some attention just pit, select driver swap and let the AI do a stint, when you are ready to jump back in press your pit request button and you can swap driver again putting you behind the wheel,

so much in this game it really needed an instruction manual, ive had to waste time finding out how to get it to my liking,
    The following user likes this Post: Pablo2008jedi

Platform
    PC
    I'm yet to try a driver swap yet, but what does the AI drivers pace tend to be like when you swap? I'm guessing it probably becomes similar to whatever difficulty you've selected, but I'm curious...

Say you have a 20 second lead and everyone comes into the pits, including you, and you do a driver swap. Will they maintain that 20 second lead, or does the AI driver tend to be slower, faster, or random?
    My Project CARS 2 setup
    PC | Thrustmaster T300RS GT Edition
    The following user likes this Post: fazlee712

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    i havent tried it yet, im waiting to see if they fix the problem with the weather and AI before committing to a full 3+ hour race.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeOhh View Post
    I'm yet to try a driver swap yet, but what does the AI drivers pace tend to be like when you swap? I'm guessing it probably becomes similar to whatever difficulty you've selected, but I'm curious...

Say you have a 20 second lead and everyone comes into the pits, including you, and you do a driver swap. Will they maintain that 20 second lead, or does the AI driver tend to be slower, faster, or random?
    All I can say is that your AI driver was programmed to be capable of winning a race... just watch him for a few laps and you will see how good he is.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Superkart Pilot Wayfastwhitey26's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Cant stress enough how much this needs to happen. Even if its only do-able to save during pit stops. I ran a 2 hr version of Le Mahn yesterday(an endurance contract in my career). Take the white flag to complete my last lap with a good 30 second lead taking my time, gonna get the win and my system crashes in the final chicane. Blue screen of death. Completely disappointed in the fact that I just wasted 2 hours on nothing. With a midrace save during my last pitstop I could salvage around an hour and 20 mins of my time at least.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Cornflex, DayGlow, venquessa

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I'm waiting for the midrace save option too. I hope they let us save the game anytime not just while pitting.
    Intel i7 5930K, 32GB RAM 2600, MSI GeForce Titan X 12GB, Asus X99-A Mainboard, 4 Crucial SSDs 250GB, Windows 10, Logitech G25 wheel, AOC G-Sync 2460 24'' Monitor