Thread: Community Project?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Community Project?

First, this is an awesome game I cannot seem to stop playing. I end up almost sweating by the time I have run practice, qualify and two races. There are problems I feel will get worked out. Glitches and such I run into from time to time, not real happy with the saving features. My car always resets when I go to the pits, so I have to make new changes plus ones I already made.

I am finding it hard to believe this was ever a community project. No one in the the "community" wanted to make gold in private game to buy stuff for cars? You know upgrades and such.

No one thought it would be fun to get emails from under funded racing teams? When you race for them, you are not expected to win just place in say the top 10. Goes without saying the car would be questionable and things would happen during the race you have to overcome. Do well and the team grows getting better cars in future races.

No one thought of a AI auction house where you can buy used cars with varying miles and races on them? Of course you have no idea what you are getting into until you race the car.

My guess is there were constraints on what could be done to the game itself.

The stuff I mentioned seems like basic game stuff to me, so like I say, I am not sure where this "community" came from.

Still a great game, I think has potential to be way better. All the ground work is laid right now.

Platform
    PC
    Hi Ambro.

Welcome.

I understand what you are saying but from a personal level, that is the opposite of what I want in a racing simulation.

I want to pick a car and track, setup the car for the track and conditions and race.

I have no interest in "unlocks" and "upgrades" etc.

For me, I have no need for a "prefabricated" career, the career is each and every race I am in. Did I say "In", I meant "lose"... BADLY

Just my opinion and "likes" for a good racing game though.

Figure out your favourite/most fun class, find a community and meet some good people and have some fun races. Anything else will become less relevant.
    Last edited by Gimpymoo; 10-05-2015 at 02:20.
    The following user likes this Post:

As far as upgrades go it was discussed earlier in the pipeline... But in the end it was decided that we wanted to focus more on the racing aspect instead of trying to upgrade your car.
    Hobo Healy has a brilliant future...

CPU: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.2 GHz / RAM: 16GB / GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX1080 OC 8GB / PSU: Thermaltake 600w / Monitor: 34" Acer Predator X34 @ 3440x1440 @ 100hz G-Sync / Wheel: Fanatec Porsche GT2 wheel + CSR Elite Pedals / OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Ambro789 View Post
    First, this is an awesome game I cannot seem to stop playing. I end up almost sweating by the time I have run practice, qualify and two races. There are problems I feel will get worked out. Glitches and such I run into from time to time, not real happy with the saving features. My car always resets when I go to the pits, so I have to make new changes plus ones I already made.

I am finding it hard to believe this was ever a community project. No one in the the "community" wanted to make gold in private game to buy stuff for cars? You know upgrades and such.

No one thought it would be fun to get emails from under funded racing teams? When you race for them, you are not expected to win just place in say the top 10. Goes without saying the car would be questionable and things would happen during the race you have to overcome. Do well and the team grows getting better cars in future races.

No one thought of a AI auction house where you can buy used cars with varying miles and races on them? Of course you have no idea what you are getting into until you race the car.

My guess is there were constraints on what could be done to the game itself.

The stuff I mentioned seems like basic game stuff to me, so like I say, I am not sure where this "community" came from.

Still a great game, I think has potential to be way better. All the ground work is laid right now.

Time restraint. Community was involved a lot, but in order to have a game on the market, you have to ship it. Most contributers had their wishes fulfil, others not. With that many backers, it was hard to have an unique direction to please everyone and the staff wasn't big to begin with. If the game get much appreciations and supports of fans, the franchise will get bigger and better. Bohemia Interactive is a good example with fan caring as priority make one of the best games on the market (going from Operation Flashpoint to ARMA, that was something).
    Last edited by JonZ; 10-05-2015 at 02:25.
    PC Spec: i7 4770K - Gigabyte Z87 UD3H - 2x8gig DDR3-1600mhz G.Skills - Corsair TX850M PSU - Asus Xonar DX - Windows 7 x64 - 3xDell 2713HW - Logitech G27 wheel - 2xPNY GTX980 (SLI Mode)
    my pCARS movies Youtube Channel
    my Vimeo Channel - my Flickr Photostream

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I agree about the racing of course. I just cannot help but miss the building aspect as well. I have been racing since back in the Papyrus days. Back when Papyrus was the best of the best, to me at least. Think EA bought them out long ago and it died. Heard they were coming back few years ago.

My idea of sub par racing teams does work with the current config of the game. And that could be a way to have the building aspect of the game without gold being involved. The sub par team would grow and get better in future races depending on how well you do.

Umer Ahmad
    Papyrus turned into iRacing.

It was time constraints and money constraints but also couple things you mention (unlock) the community (including me) was totally against.

If you see the Shift games they had some of these kinds of things so absolutely SMS is capable of coding this stuff.