Thread: Social Media in Career, what do you think of it, if anything?

Superkart Pilot

Social Media in Career, what do you think of it, if anything?

This is something which will of course be very low down the order for things to look at, but definitely something I wanted to raise. I could just add it to the suggestions topic, and I will, but I'd like to see what other people think about the social media side of career.

The social media stuff in career is probably something that doesn't matter to most, but I think it really can add quite a bit to the whole experience.

The social media in Project Cars is the same as in the MotoGP games. Generic messages such as "I hope X does great this year", "Great result for X".
    Compare both of those to the social media feature in the NBA 2K games. If you haven't played them, the social media stuff in MotoGP games and Project Cars will be fine. There might be others on here who have played the NBA 2K games. In the NBA career, people will comment on specific things such as stats. This could be the points total you got in your last game, the amount of assists you got, how your team did etc. For example "Brilliant game from X last night. Scored 27 points, he was really on fire". It feels like people are actually noticing what you do. It adds to what feels like a living world.

Here's an example picture, though it doesn't really mention any stats, there's surprisingly few pictures available at a decent enough size to read the text.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0xUUw9IIAAsehC.jpg

An example for a racing equivalent could be something like "Nice racing from X at Silverstone, 5th place and fastest lap!".

As it is now in Project Cars, you might have just finished a race weekend where you got pole, fastest lap and the race win, but on social media, they'll say something like "Great win from X". In terms of consecutive wins, they only mention up to as far as three wins in a row. You could have nine wins in a row and they'll still be talking about three.

To many, it's nothing and to others it'll definitely be a small thing. But I think it really help careers and it's something which very few sports games actually seem to do.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: NVI0U5, RacingBerzerker

Yea it does need some work and is far from perfect, but isn't that big a deal to me. I don't care how much detail they get into in the public comments but they should be accurate and make sense.

In my opinion the Emails are more important and carry more weight. They could use more variety and maybe getting a little more technical would be cool too.
    CPU: i7 920 4.02GHz - H100 | GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX 3GB | Racing Wheel: Logitech G25

Motherboard: EVGA X58 Classified 3 | Audio: Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro with 5.1 Surround | Display: Asus 26" 1920X1200

RAM: 12GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000 MHz | PSU: Corsair HX1050 | Keyboard+Mouse: Logitech G15 & G500 | OS: Windows 8 64-bit
    The following user likes this Post: theredshore

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I find some of the comments hilarious.

Social Media in motogp is just boring to me. :P

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by TMoney View Post
    Yea it does need some work and is far from perfect, but isn't that big a deal to me. I don't care how much detail they get into in the public comments but they should be accurate and make sense.

In my opinion the Emails are more important and carry more weight. They could use more variety and maybe getting a little more technical would be cool too.
    this, i pay almost zero attention to it, though i wish you could increase the traffic of people talking about you, not for any other reason apart from fake progression