Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online lobby filling grid with AI (computer controlled) cars

Platform
    PS4 Pro

Online lobby filling grid with AI (computer controlled) cars

Edit. Sorry my first post wasn't written very well.

I belive this feature isn't working as designed and is a bug.

Hosting a private online lobby. Settings as follows

Maximum human opponent players set at 15 (so 15+1 host=maximum on ps4)
    Fill grid with AI cars is on.

However AI cars don't get added when less than than 16 humans (15+host) are present in the lobby.

The only way around this is to set the room up with less than 15 opponents as max. However this can only be changed when creating the room.

If the grid size is 16 and 8 players are in the room with maximum human opponent's set to 15 there should still be 8 AI included on the grid.

I assume the logic should be

If players in room is not max setting then number of AI cars= number of cars allowed in race minus number of humans entered grid.
    Last edited by JohnSchoonsBeard; 12-05-2015 at 17:10. Reason: Crucial error in my post

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Can someone look at this please. I've rewritten the original as it was poorly written and didn't describe the problem properly.

Platform
    PC
    The AI count can't adjust dynamically. Basically before you create a lobby you have to decide on the number of AI to add. So if you want to have 8 AIs on the track, you have to reduce the max human opponent count down to 7.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    The AI count can't adjust dynamically. Basically before you create a lobby you have to decide on the number of AI to add. So if you want to have 8 AIs on the track, you have to reduce the max human opponent count down to 7.
    Thanks for the reply Elmo. With the description of the field (fill grid with AI (the word fill implies fill to the maximum grid slots) and "maximum humans" it gives the suggestion of it being dynamic. If it was never intended for it to work that way shouldn't the option be there to manually edit AI numbers without restarting the lobby and having to send another 15 invites out?

The number of people in a lobby that stays open for a while varies from race to race. Accordingly we should still be able to adjust the AI manually from race to race in what is already a lobby limited to 16 on consoles.

Thanks.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: McKiernan, MicAntony

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I agree john. The issue is that when people drop off prior to race commencement we want the grid full of AI cars. I understand after the race starts it can't be dynamic but before commencement, or even while syncing to track, it should fill with AI cars.

Btw: what are the little triangles, red, orange, green, next to people's names in the multiplayer lobby ?
    The following user likes this Post: JohnSchoonsBeard

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    I agree john. The issue is that when people drop off prior to race commencement we want the grid full of AI cars. I understand after the race starts it can't be dynamic but before commencement, or even while syncing to track, it should fill with AI cars.

Btw: what are the little triangles, red, orange, green, next to people's names in the multiplayer lobby ?
    The triangles are peoples connection speeds (or is it ping?)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    This still doesn't work.
    Last night I was with two friends, set the max human opponents to five and enabled the fill with AI option.
    But it was still just us three on track.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I agree this "Fill with AI" option is a bit rubbish as it is. Having to decide how many player slots to deny and give to AI upfront defeats the purpose. This is an online lobby after all, and we just want to make sure we have 16 cars to fill the grid.
    If 16 players race then we don't need any AI, they are just there to make up any spare slots and should yield those slots to joining players and replace any that leave prior to race start. I would even go so far as to have the AI take over any disconnected players and even let them retake control of their AI driven car if they manage to reconnect.

Please change the way this works as it will be a lot more useful.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Damessenger31, JohnSchoonsBeard

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Did someone confirm that? Does it work if you decrease the max humans?

Platform
    PS4
    Always worked for me
    Just limit the number of human players when creating the lobby and choose to fill with AI. Once the lobby is created, I think to remember that there is also an option to fill with AI, so make sure this is set to "Yes" as well
    i5-2500K @ 3.30GHz :: ASUS P8H67 :: 8GB DDR3 :: Zotac GTX970 4GB :: Win7 Pro x64 :: Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE
    PSN: LeeGestuhl :: Steam: wickeddummy