Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Setups, naming, location etc

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    I have my own IT Company, what has got to do with the lack of setup load/save ?

I am sorry, but your comments are meaningless, I dont care if you and your mates delete my posts (again) its the truth. The Project is seriously lacking this feature.

I would love to see a current F1 or WEC team , setting up their cars with you pen and paper, rather than their laptops loaded with data. I think its time to get real.

I also think your comments about alcoholic forty years olds are out of order, and should of been moderated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzah View Post
    I've worked in IT, and I have at least six entire notebooks of Project Cars setups and notes...

In Rfactor and other games I saved my setups by date created/car/track/setup type. So I'd have something like 092515SpecMiataWGIQ.

....and I still had notebooks for Rfactor.

In any case, people want the ultimate simulation, and yet, when it comes to setting up race cars they don't actually want to turn any wrenches. I mean if this truly was a real simulation of being a race driver, you wouldn't be doing any of this at all. You'd just be moaning to a forty year old alcoholic who hates your guts because you can't drive his ultimate speed mechanical masterpiece properly. Now that's realism!

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Totally agree, I love this game, there are some really talented people on this project, but for me, its not complete until this feature which should of been put in from the start is added. When it is, I will buy the DLCs without question, until then. no way.

Quote Originally Posted by pndrev View Post
    It's even worse than in other games, as the simulation is so detailed. In LFS for example, I have at least one basic setup, one current, stable one and one where I experiment with other adjustments. And that is without any weather simulation where I'd need a rain setup as well. Add to that qualifying setup (though that may or may not be allowed in some series?) and different setups for different race lengths, and it's madness the way it currently is.

Actually, when I first save a setup, I was kind of surprised I wasn't prompted for a name, but thought that maybe there were just some generic saveslots I would have to remember "Slot 1 is my main setup, slot 2 is for rain, slot 3 is for..."

It's kind of funny, as the rest of the game is superb. It just, for me at least, takes away a lot of what I expect of a sim - taking your time to optimise the setup. Can't be bothered.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymondo View Post
    I have my own IT Company, what has got to do with the lack of setup load/save ?

I am sorry, but your comments are meaningless, I dont care if you and your mates delete my posts (again) its the truth. The Project is seriously lacking this feature.

I would love to see a current F1 or WEC team , setting up their cars with you pen and paper, rather than their laptops loaded with data. I think its time to get real.

I also think your comments about alcoholic forty years olds are out of order, and should of been moderated.
    Pen and paper? U don't have a laptop or tablet? I get what both of u are saying.

I would need 50 spots to have all the tunes for every senerio. Weather, track temp, qualification, tire compounds, long run, sprint races so it would almost be pointless in a game like this as situations always change just like real life. I do wish I cold atleast have two or three spots for each car/track just so I could have qualification tune ready to go. Shinaz I can tell u spent some time at the track by ur comments, Im picking up what ur putting down.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymondo View Post
    Pen a paper mate, its the future apparently.
    Nah, gotta save the trees, it's 2015 not the 80's.,
    The following user likes this Post: jaymondo

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    The setup situation on this project is a joke, these guys are obviously so very talented, but would rather waste efforts on patching for a couple people with the rift, rather than the rest of us, who would get some seriously out of a proper setup system. I cant see how anyone could use this project in a league system like I used to run on Race07/GTR Evolution. I find the Esports thing laughable. Those guys are serious gamers, I can hardly see them wanting to use a Default setups, or waiting whilst people typing in data from a paper notepad.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Question to SMS maybe: Is there a way we could overwrite the data in whatever file stores the setups? Then at least we could write an app to upload setups into pcars from our own database. That would be a start until we get multi setups in a future patch.