Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AI does not pit in career?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

AI does not pit in career?

I don't know if it's me but I notice that the AI never pits in career but my engineer keeps telling me I need to pit every race. I do 3 or 4 laps races and even with tyre wear turned off I'm asked to pit every race. I ignore the pit warning but is there something I'm overlooking or is this something not very well implemented.

Platform
    PC
    Assuming that you talk about mandatory stops, this is a known bug. The AI does pit, but it does that in the very last lap which obviously is not what it should be. Be sure that this is on the devs' list.
    There's no "I" in "team", but there's a "we" in "weapon".
    --- 5% Club member --- former TGC member and steward --- RSR member --- Steam Name: Mortimer8701 ---
    Gigabyte H77-D3H | Intel Xeon E3-1245v2 (4x3.4GHz) | Inno3D GeForce 970 iChill X4 Air Boss (4GB[-0.5GB]) | 8GB DDR3-1600 | Win 8 Pro x64 | Thrustmaster T500 RS /w F1 rim | HTC Vive
    System Drive: Sandisk Extreme 120GB | Storage drive: WD Green 2TB (pCARS space) | Case: Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus | Power supply: Corsair GS600

TIP: If you post your system details in your signature, you will help make it easier to identify potential hardware/driver related issues.
    To edit your signature, click Control Panel (top right corner) and in your control panel, look under the My Settings header on the left for Edit Signature.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Not sure if those are mandatory pit stops as I never got penalized for not pitting.

Platform
    PC
    The pit engineer also tells you that when you have considerable damage, f.e. bent/broken suspension parts or aero components. This doesn't require an immediate stop, it's much more of a warning, that's how I take it. If you still perform well and there's no mandatory stops then it's up to you whether you'll pit. Nobody will cut your head off if you win that gamble. Not obeying mandatory stops should trigger some penalty though.
    --- 5% Club member --- former TGC member and steward --- RSR member --- Steam Name: Mortimer8701 ---
    Gigabyte H77-D3H | Intel Xeon E3-1245v2 (4x3.4GHz) | Inno3D GeForce 970 iChill X4 Air Boss (4GB[-0.5GB]) | 8GB DDR3-1600 | Win 8 Pro x64 | Thrustmaster T500 RS /w F1 rim | HTC Vive
    System Drive: Sandisk Extreme 120GB | Storage drive: WD Green 2TB (pCARS space) | Case: Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus | Power supply: Corsair GS600

TIP: If you post your system details in your signature, you will help make it easier to identify potential hardware/driver related issues.
    To edit your signature, click Control Panel (top right corner) and in your control panel, look under the My Settings header on the left for Edit Signature.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I must be a very bad driver Every race I get this pit warning and I never touch the AI and stay on the tarmac most of the time.

Platform
    PS4
    In my first 5 lap career race I pitted on the 4th lap, as I got into the pit I had a message saying someone was in my pit. The auto drive took me through the pit without stopping and I got black flagged as soon as I got back out onto the track......annoying but laughed my socks off.....what an awesome game, thanks to all the developers

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Francorchamps View Post
    I must be a very bad driver Every race I get this pit warning and I never touch the AI and stay on the tarmac most of the time.
    That isn't normal then. I much rather have to laud your clean driving style then.

Thinking about that, I remember that we had a bug once that was connected to disabled fuel and tyre usage so that the engineer would annoy you with his pitting requests. We squashed that though AFAIK. Can you make a picture of your gameplay settings, especially the page where you see the settings for fuel consumption and tyre wear?

Platform
    PC
    If AI don't do mandatory pitting is a but then it's surely not consistent one. I'm doing Clio career and there they pit. I'm not sure if all but definitely I overtake few of them on every lap when they are in pits.
    Win 7 PRO x64, i7 4790K (4.0 GHz), 16GB RAM, GTX 660, SHARP 46"LE830E, GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3, SB X-FI, Logitech Z-5500 5+1 speakers, Logitech G27

http://sig.gamerdna.com/quizzes/BARTL/Flymar.png

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I had this bug on oulton park. Three of the cars pitted on the last lap. Their pit garages were the other side of the start/finish line which meant they finished the race a good 20-25 seconds ahead of me even though I had a good 10s lead. Very annoying!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I just started a formula A career and drove the 1. dubai race in full length, 57 laps in 95% difficulty, and non of the AI pitted. I had to pit for tyre change once which sent me from first to last place, just for a pit!

Wouldnt think its realistic to drive 57 laps in formula A without a tire change.