Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One Controller Configuration Guide

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thanks Supaaafly read through and it sounds a great start to configuring the controller to our own personal preference. I look forward to trying it out tonight!!

WMD Member Chris Wollaston-Savage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tarbat View Post
    Great guide, but what precisely is the difference between Input Modes 1, 2, & 3?
    There are some options behind the scenes that were previously available on the PC in the debug menu which are switched on in modes 1 and 2, but not in three. It makes the damping a little less direct and helps move the splines on the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by menaceuk View Post
    What does "Soft Steering Dampening: On" actually do?
    IIRC, it helps make the micro-adjustments a bit less jerky but not less sensitive.
    Mobo: MSI Z77A-G43 | CPU: Intel i5-3570k @4000 MHz | Memory: 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 @ 1600 MHz
    Graphics: ATi 7950 3Gb (O/C @ 925MHz) - Catalyst 14.12 - DX11| Display: 22" Acer S220HQL LED monitor 1900x1080 @ 60Hz / In-game 1900x1080 | Power supply: Powercool 750W
    Sound: O/B Sound card | Wheel: Logitech Driving Force GT & Pedals / Gamepad Xbox One controller | OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Supaaafly View Post
    .........There is no magic fix. We are all different, we all drive differently, we all use the stick differently. I never let go the stick, forever making micro adjustments, even on the straights. Yet I call my brother 'Clicky' because he constantly taps the stick. All the 'perfect' setups I see around the forums, may be perfect for that person, but hopeless to someone else.......
    I'm like this too, and tips for a "Clicky" steerer please?
    what set-up does your brother use please?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you for great guide man! Finally I know meaning of this terms, and what each slider do. But one thing I don't know (and it will be tricky to explain, because english is not my mother language, but perhaps you will understand me): Is there some option, how can I use these sliders to make the analog stick usable on all its track for turning wheels? Because my main problem is, that when I push analog stick little bit on side, probably on 50% of maximum range, wheels are turn on max. So there is big empty space, where I can move with analog stick, but wheels do nothing. And the result is, that driving car in this game is very difficult for me. First I was thinking, that this game is racing simulator, so this issue I have with driving is just result of my inability. So I working on that, but I would be grateful for some option to turn wheels on max by pushing the analog stick on end of its range.

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviR11 View Post
    Is there some option, how can I use these sliders to make the analog stick usable on all its track for turning wheels? Because my main problem is, that when I push analog stick little bit on side, probably on 50% of maximum range, wheels are turn on max. So there is big empty space, where I can move with analog stick, but wheels do nothing.
    No, all you can do is wait for release of the patch to fix this.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Thank you

I had already unpined my game and was contemplating deleting it of my XB1 when I saw your post. Have just spent the last 4 hours havin lotsa fun all because of you ��
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Crunch70, Go2zero, Pressure Drop, Supaaafly

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thanks Supaafly - you're a hero!

I'd already come to similar settings, but I think you're going to be the salvation of many gamers who might not think to tweak. Good work.

I'm 'happy' (less unhappy) with the gas and brake, but can't get the steering properly usable (especially for corrections). I look forward to trying the steering rack ratio tonight

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Dude,your awesome, but 1, you should not have to be doing this, 2, I think the game is still flawed, although potentially great and 3 it should of come with a warning that it was only really playable witha wheel, I would of left well alone, I play forza with controller, and that was what this game was billed to rival.
    on that configuration screen, there's a big ass empty space that could of been filled with tx explaining what each slider does in relation to the game and other sliders, where's the fucking info for this game, can't see how to get the pit engineer speaking or explaining, I cant Tune cars cos I'm not a race driver and without relevant information I don't know what I'm affectin, I've spent 4 hours of gameplay just trying to configure my controller so I can drive the fucking cars, I haven't completed one lap, thoroughly fed up with it! I even took the time to consult the digital manual, expecting an app on its own with oodles of in depth info, but what I got was the same trivial 8th grade style basic info on what the menus are that I can read on the xbox help snap to screen bullshit.

Potentially the game is great, but it seems to be a game made by race drivers for race drivers and pro sim racers with expensive set ups but sold and marketed to a mass market who are then laughed at for assuming they wouldn't need a steering wheel and race pedals. Well fuck you for pissing me off, please make it right
    The following 4 users likes this Post: chris4652009, EnzaKnight, ManOfNantucket, redrick

Platform
    PC
    I know I'm late to the party but: BEST FIRST POST... EVER!
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulcase View Post
    Dude,your awesome, but 1, you should not have to be doing this, 2, I think the game is still flawed, although potentially great and 3 it should of come with a warning that it was only really playable witha wheel, I would of left well alone, I play forza with controller, and that was what this game was billed to rival.
    on that configuration screen, there's a big ass empty space that could of been filled with tx explaining what each slider does in relation to the game and other sliders, where's the fucking info for this game, can't see how to get the pit engineer speaking or explaining, I cant Tune cars cos I'm not a race driver and without relevant information I don't know what I'm affectin, I've spent 4 hours of gameplay just trying to configure my controller so I can drive the fucking cars, I haven't completed one lap, thoroughly fed up with it! I even took the time to consult the digital manual, expecting an app on its own with oodles of in depth info, but what I got was the same trivial 8th grade style basic info on what the menus are that I can read on the xbox help snap to screen bullshit.

Potentially the game is great, but it seems to be a game made by race drivers for race drivers and pro sim racers with expensive set ups but sold and marketed to a mass market who are then laughed at for assuming they wouldn't need a steering wheel and race pedals. Well fuck you for pissing me off, please make it right

Good post