Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OPTION TO REMOVE ALL BLUR/ DEPTH OF FIELD in replays

Platform
    PC
    Turning on and using 3D Vision in NVidia control panel gets rid of DOF (along with HUD, MB and helmet).
    Win 7 PRO x64, i7 4790K (4.0 GHz), 16GB RAM, GTX 660, SHARP 46"LE830E, GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3, SB X-FI, Logitech Z-5500 5+1 speakers, Logitech G27

http://sig.gamerdna.com/quizzes/BARTL/Flymar.png
    The following user likes this Post: MULTIVITZ

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Mmmmm intresting.

Platform
    PS4
    id like a slider for the depth of field in helmet view. i like it but i leave it off for now because it blurs my gauges too much.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaWalter View Post
    id like a slider for the depth of field in helmet view. i like it but i leave it off for now because it blurs my gauges too much.
    I don't use it. No one will tell me where my vision is focused And it works exactly like in real life. When I want to quickly check the mirror or gauges I can. When I'm focused on braking I don't see them.
    Win 7 PRO x64, i7 4790K (4.0 GHz), 16GB RAM, GTX 660, SHARP 46"LE830E, GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3, SB X-FI, Logitech Z-5500 5+1 speakers, Logitech G27

http://sig.gamerdna.com/quizzes/BARTL/Flymar.png

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Nope.
    High DOF hit the performance. Better we will allow to adjust the level.
    Win7 Ultimate 64Bit - i7 4790K - Kingston 8G DDR3 - Gigabyte N970GTX G1 Gaming 4G - Asus Maximus VII Ranger - Corsair Air 540 - Notual NH-D15 - Toshiba Hybrid SSHD 500GB - WD Caviar Blue HDD 1TB 64M SATA 6 - Xonar dgx 5.1 - Enermax MODU87 700W 80Plus Gold Modular - Logitech G27 - Simvibe Sim Commander 4 - 4 X AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker - 2 X ALS A-400.2D 100W Amp - PVC Pipe DIY Racing Rig

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    What I'd like to see in replays is the depth of field as it would be on broadcast cameras. However I would guess this might be something more for Project Cars 2. It's pretty good as it is now though.

Normally for racing (and most sports broadcasting) cameras will operate with a small to medium size of aperture to maximise depth of field and thereby minimise blur in front or behind the focal point. However, zooming in or when the subject is close to the lens will naturally give a lower depth of field. In darker conditions it can be necessary to use wider apertures (lower aperture number) which gives a shorter depth of field. This is also used for creative purposes. We should certainly expect a lower depth of field (more background blur) on those shots.

Where typically wider angle shots should have no background blur (focus is effectively to infinity) that's what we should see in game. Maybe blurring what is in the far background actually helps keep the framerate higher? (edit: not the case - see Ian's comment below) There is probably too sudden a transition between in focus and out of focus as seen when the closest branches of some distant trees are obviously in focus and the next part slightly further back are very blurred. This is similar to the default blur in photo mode. It should be more graduated but that in intself may use more processing.

On a side note I like using the blur effect in helmet view. It makes me concentrate on the right thing depending on speed/danger.
    Last edited by JohnSchoonsBeard; 14-07-2015 at 09:49.
    CRAP pCARS Club organiser

Project CARS setup: PS4 Pro, T300RS wheel, T3PA pedals, TH8A Gear stick or DS4, PSVR in large cinematic mode or UHD 55" Samsung (HDR) TV (UE55KS7000), pCARS Dash, Crew Chief, RS Dash, Sony STR DH 810 AV amp (7.1) or Turtle Beach DSS 7.1 surround processor and px22 headphones, Bluetooth keyboard.

Platform
    PS4
    Aren t these blury effects introduced for less cpu usage?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    me like the blur effect of the helmet

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fre.Mo View Post
    Aren t these blury effects introduced for less cpu usage?
    Nope, they add to GPU overhead.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fre.Mo, JohnSchoonsBeard

Platform
    PS4
    this depth of filed is really so wrong in this game. when you watch replay, the cameras along the track would never have such a strong dof. one would need a super large aperture to get this effect on a camera whit such a wide angle view. nice for small scale scenes such as still lifes, close up on a car, but not those kinds of view/cameras. photography wise it is totally wrong. it would be really nice that we could disable this effect.
    Last edited by fl0wf1r3; 14-03-2016 at 11:49.