Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Car setup guides.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    On the tyre telemetry the hotter temp/ outside is always on the right? I thought it would be on the left for left hand side and the right for RHS.
    Dropping tyre pressure a lot helps immediately in bringing tyre temp up in 1/2 laps but will burn out sooner.
    I'm understanding Anti roll and bump/rebound a lot more now. Camber seems to have less effect than first thought.
    Thanks for the great guide. I might laminate mine. Lol

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thank you, this will be very useful
    Thumbs up to the original author
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, Joris GvK

Platform
    PS4
    This is setup guide that I use:
    Advanced Setup Matrix
    The following 3 users likes this Post: CrookdMoe, Joris GvK, RogerTheStar

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks Joris. A quck question for racers in the know. Is it correct to say u can tune certain settings for a car that will work for ever track. Then, when racing on specific tracks u can then fine tune for that particular track. My intentions ( and I'm a complete begginer) are to pick one track and tune each car for the obvious like oversteer under steer etc etc. I'm thinking that these types of tunning requirements are car specific not track specific. Am I off here?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Everyother piece of advice from that tuning guide is misleading or completely wrong. Personally I would advise NOT to read it, you will be chasing your own tail in the tuning game if you do. I have the experience and extensive professional knowledge of vehicle dynamics, the game has good solid advice, but you really need to sit down and read a few books on the subject. Theres no 'short cut', it is a back art, compared to other subjects few people in the populous have a clear and complete grasp of chassis tuning. I tuned for my Forza Club when it first come out we got to first place in X Class and held top ten places until the C9 came out, some will understand the poor realism of FMS dynamics when comparing it to Project Cars.
    Last edited by MULTIVITZ; 16-05-2015 at 13:48.

Platform
    PC
    Thanks for your feedback. Can you elaborate on what is misleading or completely wrong ?
    | Intel 3570K (4,7 Ghz) | 16 GB DDR3 | Asus Strix GTX 970 | LG 34uc97 3440x1440 | Samsung 256GB SSD | Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE Wheel | Win7_x64.1 |

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeang View Post
    Thanks Joris. A quck question for racers in the know. Is it correct to say u can tune certain settings for a car that will work for ever track. Then, when racing on specific tracks u can then fine tune for that particular track. My intentions ( and I'm a complete begginer) are to pick one track and tune each car for the obvious like oversteer under steer etc etc. I'm thinking that these types of tunning requirements are car specific not track specific. Am I off here?
    The way I setup the cars is to first drive a few laps (first learn the track) with the default setup to get a feeling for the car. After that I'm using this and other guides as a reference to fine tune things.
    In the end you have different setups for every track car combination. And there is no perfect setup that works for everyone, it also has do a lot with personal preferences.
    Last edited by Joris GvK; 16-05-2015 at 14:43.
    | Intel 3570K (4,7 Ghz) | 16 GB DDR3 | Asus Strix GTX 970 | LG 34uc97 3440x1440 | Samsung 256GB SSD | Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE Wheel | Win7_x64.1 |

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Joris GvK View Post
    Thanks for your feedback. Can you elaborate on what is misleading or completely wrong ?
    Thanks for asking. The guide does nothing to explain why camber works, the job of toe, what moments are or anything. It don't explain camber thrust and how to generate it, instead it advises to adjust one thing at a time lol. Classic 'I'm not sure what I'm doing' talk. The author would have mentioned vehicle wedge and roll centres had he known what he was writing about, its not advanced tuning talk, its some of the most fundamentally important aspects of chassis behaviour to maintain grip! Been chatting to people about tuning and driving games over the years and only met a handful of people who vaguely knew what they're doing!

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    wow, thanks for the pdf guide
    The following user likes this Post: Joris GvK

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    A car turns in because the road spring on the inner side of the corner releases its load and transfers it's weight to the other side of the car pressing on the outer wheel to maintain road holding. Too harder spring and it releases too quick, too soft makes for weak turning. The dampers control the springs release. Anti roll bars effect the roll stiffness, and diagonal wieght transfer, you could say they hold back the road spring release and add pressure to the outside wheel on a corner. Reducing body roll can keep the camber low and camber movement, but a good chassis works to keep the wheels at an optimum thrust keeping slip angles balanced no matter the angle of body roll. It depends on the aero aids fitted, or if the body shell requires an angle of incident to give negative lift. I could chat all night about caster, but no one likes a show off! What about preload from toe, or gyroscopic forces through caster? Things you can feel through the game and can be demonstrated.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: DJBLITZKRIEG, Mangoat