Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request: Wheel + Controller (or keyboard) active in-game all together at once!

Platform
    XBOX1 X

Request: Wheel + Controller (or keyboard) active in-game all together at once!

Please hear me out! (I'm on Xbox One - with a Thrustmaster TX wheel)

Here's why: We need to be able to control both the Steering Wheel and a Controller or a Keyboard, at once in Project CARS.
    As it is now, we can either control a steering Wheel OR a gamepad/controller! But not both at the same time.
    The reason is because I need to navigate the menus with a controller/keyboard, and at the same time be able to race with my TX Wheel in-game!
    In my case it's a MUST because I (like many other simracers) use a DSD adapter with an aftermarket wheel on the TX base.

But that's not all: Imagine we could assign all those buttons, like seat position, pit request etc. on a controller/keyboard right next to you, while racing with a wheel!
    That would be amazing!

Please make this possible in this beautiful sim - I know it could be very useful to all of us, and hopefully it's quite simple to adjust.

Thank you SMS because you led me into simracing.

I can play like this in FM5 on Xbox One, but not in the "best racing game on console" Project CARS. (please help)

Platform
    PC
    I can only agree. The more versatility the better.
    PC - The Ultimate Racing Wheel Stand Thingy - Tuborg Beer 'It's got Class" lit sign - Generic Home Depot retracted light system - Ikea POANG - Various Wall Posters from Michaels - Holmes "2 Cool" Twin Rotor Fan
    i5 4460 - EVGA GTX 960 SSC ATX 2.0 - 1GB HHD Toshiba 7200RPM - 32" Sony Bravia 1080p - Thrustmaster TX w/ F1 Rim
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Benja190782, Bobbydakid, llll DEMON IIII, Squirrel

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by HEF51 View Post
    I can only agree. The more versatility the better.
    Exactly! This is what Project CARS does so well - versatility - everybody can adjust everything as they like in Project CARS! Best racing game on console by far!

It could be even better if we had this option - actually I will gift one of my DSD adapters away if SMS makes this possible in one of the upcoming patches!
    How about that??
    The following user likes this Post: Suburban Coot

Platform
    PC
    Yes, navigating menus with the controller is much easier. I need the wheel for racing, not for navigating menus.
    Steam: DuskyDemon
    | Intel i7 7700K @ 4.20 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Thrustmaster TX Ferrari GTE Wheel | Fanatec Clubsport V3 Pedals | Oculus Rift |
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Benja190782, HEF51

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yes, that would be awesome. It would be much easier to navigate through the menu's, because there is no right analog stick on the thrustmaster wheels.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Benja190782, cornwolf

The crazy thing is unlike Forza the controller in PCars doesn't do anything when plugged in so I guess they could use it for stars or at least a keyboard as mentioned above. This would be ace. Apart from the custom wheel it would be nice to be able to map some of the buttons that are duplicated because you can on the PC version.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Benja190782, HEF51

Kart Driver
    i have been saying the very same thing since thursday
    Xbone Thrustmaster TX with Fanatec Clubsport V1 pedals

www.2old2play.com

2old4forza

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I have the Madcatz Pro wheel and also having alot of problems navigating menus. Alsot of the buttons are not assigned to I feel like I am missing out . I was going to try using both tonight when I get home (controller and wheel) but from your comments it sounds like this wont work?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzwah View Post
    I have the Madcatz Pro wheel and also having alot of problems navigating menus. Alsot of the buttons are not assigned to I feel like I am missing out . I was going to try using both tonight when I get home (controller and wheel) but from your comments it sounds like this wont work?
    No it won't work - but Ian Bell said the team would look at this issue, and hopefully this is easy to fix as we can already do it on the PC version and it's even possible in all the Forza games on Xbox One.

So my hopes are up - we are alot of racing fans that are used to have a keyboard next to us while racing with a wheel and so people actually care about this problem.

Anyway, it's on the list says Ian Bell.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Also taking picture's with a wheel is impossible. Also i could then plug in my headset as I can't do that with the Fanatec wheel so have to use the kinect mic
    It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road.
    http://gamercards.exophase.com/650688.png