Page 1 of 239 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The AI discussion (all platforms)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

The AI discussion (all platforms)

SMS, can you please do something about the horrible AI?!
    And also tighten up the loose / lame cut track rules and penalties.

The AI trash the fun with this otherwise decent "sim"!!

They are all over the place, cheating, cutting track and corners.. .
    And they do everything not to make contact with other cars instead of holding their lines!..
    And instead of avoiding accidents, they causing them!

I had to restart the Formula Rookie at Watkins Glen for over an hour before I could finish the 10 lap race, the AI messed it up within 2 laps every time.. .
    I was starting from the back of the pack and tried to lower the AI strength to 80% without getting it any better..
    And I was constantly getting the fastest laps, so it's not that they are to fast for me.
    To keep playing the F3 I had to start qualifying and get on pole to be able to enjoy it.
    And hot lapping isn't really my thing!..

I do like the fact that they are aggressive and trying to overtake positions back from you.
    And also overtaking each other, and they should make mistakes.
    But not constantly go off track and smashing into cars reentering the track..

It looks like they have too much awareness to the sides, and don't care about if they go off track, or even into a wall to escape a closing car..
    And they have to little awareness in the front and back.
    Cause they turn right out in front of you in the middle of a pass, and slams right in to your rear, using you as their brake in the corners!
    Or they just simply cut the corner on the inside and slams into your side reentering the track!!

If you would have implemented more strict cut track rules to the game without fixing the AI.
    I would win by default, without even leaving the pits.. .

Really hope you will address this issue, I'm not having fun racing them in their current state.
    And will probably delete this from my pc and forget all about it if it doesn't change.

In the best of intentions from Sweden.
    //Henke

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Bump.

Would be nice to hear a devs side on this matter.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I agree, big problem with IA bumping us without any reason sometimes and with a bizare behaviour.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Stryker44, Webley1000

Platform
    PC
    I agree even in novice mode I get bumped a lot by AI. I think it will be fixed here shortly.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: CopperySinger5, Webley1000

Superkart Pilot
    Definitely a game breaker for me amongst other things.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: heppsan, LeRenard242, rhay, robnroll88, Webley1000

WMD Member
    I've not had any problems with the AI myself. Perhaps you could include a video(s) of where you having problems. That would certainly make it easier for the devs to diagnose the problems.

And I'm not suggesting it's the case for you, but I might sometimes think an opponent did something dodgy until I view it in the replay and then realise that actually I was driving a bit daft myself. This has happened in many games, not just PCARS.
    The following 11 users likes this Post: DrStrix, Howie, Jan Studenski, JohnSchoonsBeard, NudeUp, Rambo_Commando, Sp4mD4gger, Tomahawx, Trux74, vipco

Banned
    Only complaint I have until now is their speed. I jump into career at Formula Ford, first car I operate a manual clutch and heel-toe, 100% AI, and in first practice I end first. When driving around them in practice they behaved OK, letīs see in the race.

Platform
    PC
    Please post videos if you can. I can't confirm your observations btw.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 970 3,5+0,5GB | RAM 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

[QRWEP] Quick Race Weekend Event Planner
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Howie, JohnSchoonsBeard

We need some factual data/evidence first before we jump to conclusions about the AI. Not saying that they're perfect, but IMO they do a great job in racing you in a human way if you treat them as human drivers and not as mindless drones that will let you through whenever you want it, no matter the situation.

You have to choose your moment for overtaking and you have to be clear about your lines, or they'll try and get you just like real-life drivers.

The AI are not doing laps, they're racing. They won't give up their spot easily nor will they be driving safely behind you until you let them past.

If you treat them like human racers and are careful with what you do and when, they're awesome. Not faultless, again like real-life drivers, but awesome nonetheless
    CPU i7 2600K | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1070 8GB + GTX780 3Gb (PhysX)| Audio Xonar Phoebus @ 5.1 | OS Win 7 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA DSX6 | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway. || With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by vicdavery View Post
    I've not had any problems with the AI myself. Perhaps you could include a video(s) of where you having problems. That would certainly make it easier for the devs to diagnose the problems.

And I'm not suggesting it's the case for you, but I might sometimes think an opponent did something dodgy until I view it in the replay and then realise that actually I was driving a bit daft myself. This has happened in many games, not just PCARS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Please post videos if you can. I can't confirm your observations btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    We need some factual data/evidence first before we jump to conclusions about the AI. Not saying that they're perfect, but IMO they do a great job in racing you in a human way if you treat them as human drivers and not as mindless drones that will let you through whenever you want it, no matter the situation.

You have to choose your moment for overtaking and you have to be clear about your lines, or they'll try and get you just like real-life drivers.

The AI are not doing laps, they're racing. They won't give up their spot easily nor will they be driving safely behind you until you let them past.

If you treat them like human racers and are careful with what you do and when, they're awesome. Not faultless, again like real-life drivers, but awesome nonetheless
    You mean you haven't seen the Ai racing alongside the tracks and cutting the corners???
    It happens all the time!!

Just try to go door to door with them and see what happens, they turn right out on the grass..
    If there is a corner, they cut it!

This also happens if you see several AI's side by side..