Page 189 of 239 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2385

Thread: The AI discussion (all platforms)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    So how fast is AI in general? Behavior of them going wheel to wheel not withstanding, whats a good level to set them at? I've been doing career races so far and they are quite easy at 85% or below. Running them at 90 now and some races I'm no where and others I am blowing them away. Running them in the Group 5 Championship(Capri and 320 Turbo) they are genuinely quite hard to keep up with. I saw them do 1:04.7xx in the Silverstone International and looking at the "Leaderboard" in game the list right now have a 1:05.5 or something as the fastest.

Superkart Pilot Sir Digby Chicken Caesar's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    So how fast is AI in general? Behavior of them going wheel to wheel not withstanding, whats a good level to set them at? I've been doing career races so far and they are quite easy at 85% or below. Running them at 90 now and some races I'm no where and others I am blowing them away. Running them in the Group 5 Championship(Capri and 320 Turbo) they are genuinely quite hard to keep up with. I saw them do 1:04.7xx in the Silverstone International and looking at the "Leaderboard" in game the list right now have a 1:05.5 or something as the fastest.
    They are inconsistently fast, especially if you do setups. I've had the AI at 70 for a while because I don't want to be anywhere near them and qualifying P1 is reliable then...if it's dry that is. How do you fare against them in the rain? If the answer is anything but "badly", which car and track and AI difficulty? And if I try that and I do badly, I'll get a new hobby.

Basically there's no one answer to the question "How fast?".

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar View Post
    They are inconsistently fast, especially if you do setups. I've had the AI at 70 for a while because I don't want to be anywhere near them and qualifying P1 is reliable then...if it's dry that is. How do you fare against them in the rain? If the answer is anything but "badly", which car and track and AI difficulty? And if I try that and I do badly, I'll get a new hobby.

Basically there's no one answer to the question "How fast?".
    It varies i think. One of the Group 5 races at Donnington I think, it starts to rain with 2 laps to go and i decided to just stay out and i was able to stay in front of the ai who didn't pit. It was actually easier than reaching them earlier in the dry. This is 90% and no aids. The next race at Silverstone International the qualifying is in the wet, and i was no where. But i was nowhere in the dry on the track neither. I think i qualified 13th 1.5 sec off, and finished 9th in the dry. Same difficulty setting.

Superkart Pilot Sir Digby Chicken Caesar's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    It varies i think. One of the Group 5 races at Donnington I think...
    What's your favored Group 5 car? Donington GP or National?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar View Post
    What's your favored Group 5 car? Donington GP or National?
    GP, it was the BMW. Haven't tried the Capri honestly. The car drives well 8 tenth, kinda pushy and tricky all out. It was a lot of fighting under steer into fast corners of the car was set up to tame the back end under power or just tricky loose if it was not... I like it better on courses with flowing corners rather than something like Silverstone International. In Donington you can make the car turn at speed.
    The following user likes this Post: Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Platform
    PC

Does AI like to play follow the leader?

I was messing around with 100% difficulty AI on Sakitto, when suddenly I look at my map and the AI behind me disappear. Wondering what happened, I look at the replay, and thought I'd like to share this silly moment with everyone.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by heppsan View Post
    SMS, can you please do something about the horrible AI?!
    And also tighten up the loose / lame cut track rules and penalties.

The AI trash the fun with this otherwise decent "sim"!!

They are all over the place, cheating, cutting track and corners.. .
    And they do everything not to make contact with other cars instead of holding their lines!..
    And instead of avoiding accidents, they causing them!

I had to restart the Formula Rookie at Watkins Glen for over an hour before I could finish the 10 lap race, the AI messed it up within 2 laps every time.. .
    I was starting from the back of the pack and tried to lower the AI strength to 80% without getting it any better..
    And I was constantly getting the fastest laps, so it's not that they are to fast for me.
    To keep playing the F3 I had to start qualifying and get on pole to be able to enjoy it.
    And hot lapping isn't really my thing!..

I do like the fact that they are aggressive and trying to overtake positions back from you.
    And also overtaking each other, and they should make mistakes.
    But not constantly go off track and smashing into cars reentering the track..

It looks like they have too much awareness to the sides, and don't care about if they go off track, or even into a wall to escape a closing car..
    And they have to little awareness in the front and back.
    Cause they turn right out in front of you in the middle of a pass, and slams right in to your rear, using you as their brake in the corners!
    Or they just simply cut the corner on the inside and slams into your side reentering the track!!

If you would have implemented more strict cut track rules to the game without fixing the AI.
    I would win by default, without even leaving the pits.. .

Really hope you will address this issue, I'm not having fun racing them in their current state.
    And will probably delete this from my pc and forget all about it if it doesn't change.

In the best of intentions from Sweden.
    //Henke
    This ever get paired with a video?
    Or did they just stick his words and likes in a corner of the AI thread where it belongs.
    Just a Salty old Bastard
    Don't take it personal

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    [quote]And they do everything not to make contact with other cars instead of holding their lines!..
    And instead of avoiding accidents, they causing them![end quote]

This seems a contradiction to me....if they do everything not to make contact,how can they be causing accidents?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Lotus 86 AI @ Sonoma

I noticed they only put a few of them on the track at same time for quali and or practice.
    This seems to be a pretty good indication of a track the AI are not sorted properly and they just can't be raced with very well.
    Hence the developer decision to only put a few on the track at same time. Otherwise they can't set a time.

AI at 65 took several hours to get used to where they were blowing it.
    This is the only one to really get me annoyed so far, and a lot of accidents were my own fault, and a lot were theirs.
    Count this as one car and track combo that is too small and too fast for them. IMO.
    Unless your a sim God and can maintain yourself and their stupid lines at the same time.
    They're just nuts kind of.
    Specifically I was slammed a bunch of times against the inside wall after start even though they had room on outside. I was slammed numerous times in the long downhill left hand section that goes onto first long straight.
    A lot of it has to do with the aggression slider I think.
    I activated their aggression by jumping the start just to avoid them, and that's when they are uncontrollably stupid and trying to ruin your race. Did it many times.
    Had a few more legit starts that saw them behave more appropriately, but this is the first one I just couldn't be bothered to check on them, cause they were just being stupid in too many spots.
    Feels like artificial difficulty sometimes, and I would not say that it only happens if you jump start or give them reason anymore. Though that DEFINITELY makes it a lot worse.
    I just think they're being artificially chippy to the player when they never do each other like that.
    I can see where people's frustration comes from, though I still can't put the blame on AI 100%
    This place needs some work.
    Sorry I dragged on, but

I guess the only important area I want to discuss further is people's opinion of why the AI are staying off track here in quali, and whether it's a conscious development decision based on their limitations at this track.
    Last edited by Gravit8; 28-12-2015 at 04:29.
    Just a Salty old Bastard
    Don't take it personal

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravit8 View Post
    This is the only one to really get me annoyed so far, and a lot of accidents were my own fault, and a lot were theirs.
    Count this as one car and track combo that is too small and too fast for them. IMO.
    That may be the answer you're lookimg for, young Jedi. Yes in real life some tracks are not suited for some types of cars. If the game is to reflect some kind of reality then some cars are not suited to some tracks but, we can do the impossible or perhaps unthinkable and run any car on any track. I found the same with historic tourers at Oulton Park Fosters - they seemed to lack grip for the tight little circuit and it was slide and slam fest. I've just upgraded my PS4 copy to upgrade 7 but even before that didn't have issues with the AI that much but, haven't tried all cars and tracks combinations. Yet.
    The turbo F1 cars were absolute beasts - getting them to run at Monaco was a chore, Nelson Piquet described it as trying to race a bicycle around your living room.
    So It could be that the game is actually mimicking real life more then we realise in that some car and circuits combos just don't mix. They tried to race NACARS on the surfers paradise street circuit here once. Bad idea.
    I haven't tried the turbo lotus yet but will give it a run at Sonoma on the PS4 and see how it goes

Cheers
    B
    The following 2 users likes this Post: PostBox981, Roger Prynne