Page 2 of 239 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The AI discussion (all platforms)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    and if they do it.. they seem to imune for the grass or sand.

While when I do it.. I either fly over kerbs or I'm going down to 20kph in sand.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Connor Caple, evanzo7, ingrobny, NoBrakes, Webley1000

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaTrek2891 View Post
    and if they do it.. they seem to imune for the grass or sand.

While when I do it.. I either fly over kerbs or I'm going down to 20kph in sand.
    Actually I think it's quite forgiving when I go off tracks as well..

Devs:
    Watch the first corners of this vid and you see what I mean.
    They do fine when on their own, but with cars along side them they freak out!!

The following 2 users likes this Post: artao, ingrobny

I was laughing my head off yesterday, was running Ford RS on Sonoma and car to my left goes off track out on the grass in the 2nd corner up at the hill. Then turns full right and goes flying right across the track just missing me by an inch wiping the next car in front of me. then bumps back on that car goes right across the whole track out to the left again and smacks dead stop in the fence... The AI i friggin' nuts.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: heppsan, NoBrakes, Suburban Coot

Quote Originally Posted by heppsan View Post
    You mean you haven't seen the Ai racing alongside the tracks and cutting the corners???
    It happens all the time!!

Just try to go door to door with them and see what happens, they turn right out on the grass..
    If there is a corner, they cut it!

This also happens if you see several AI's side by side..
    I know that the AI run off-track very easily when avoiding contact and with that can also cut corners, and since they see kerbs as part of the track they will cut corners with just 2 wheels touching the kerbs if necessary. Haven't seen much worse yet myself, but not saying that they may be too generous in their off-track escapades.
    CPU i7 2600K | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1070 8GB + GTX780 3Gb (PhysX)| Audio Xonar Phoebus @ 5.1 | OS Win 7 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA DSX6 | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway. || With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Please post videos if you can. I can't confirm your observations btw.
    Here's a video that I posted from a separate post, it shows the AI cutting corners to take the lead from me on 55 seconds and again on 2 mins 15 seconds. Pause the vid on 2 minutes 18 for a good laugh and the clear evidence that you seek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=kSxQZVYroWY

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    I know that the AI run off-track very easily when avoiding contact and with that can also cut corners, and since they see kerbs as part of the track they will cut corners with just 2 wheels touching the kerbs if necessary. Haven't seen much worse yet myself, but not saying that they may be too generous in their off-track escapades.
    Again, see my vid above, all four wheels on grass pause on 2 mins 18 seconds. Clear as crystal
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ingrobny, robnroll88

Quote Originally Posted by DozUK View Post
    Again, see my vid above, all four wheels on grass pause on 2 mins 18 seconds. Clear as crystal
    Yeah there is no doubt there at all

If the AI had the same slowing penalties at humans when they do it then it wouldn't be so bad, but it hardly effects them at all, its like they are still on tarmac.
    CPU i7 4770K@4.5Ghz | Memory 16Gb 2400Mhz RAM | Mobo Maximus VI Extreme-Z | GPU EVGA 780GTX 2560x1440 | Monitor Acer XB270HU | OS Win7 Home x64 | Storage 4 x SSD total 1.5Tb / 2 x HDD total 2.5TB | Wheel Fanatec CSW-BMW & Formula rim + Elite Pedals | Misc TrackIR-5

Cheers,
    Andy
    The following 5 users likes this Post: ammonthenephite, artao, Awong124, CanAmfan, NoBrakes

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker View Post
    If the AI had the same slowing penalties at humans when they do it then it wouldn't be so bad, but it hardly effects them at all, its like they are still on tarmac.
    That's a very good point, they glide across the grass. They should still get a penalty, but I'd settle for what you say as little advantage would be had.

Oh well, at least this provides unarguable video proof that a) it happens and b) the physics are not the same for AI against player in this situation which has a detrimental effect to a human player.

To be fair, video proof was requested, now it's been delivered we need to give the devs time to fix it. I'm sure it has to be a priority issue because at it's crux it's a race game and this can't happen in a race.

I'll be happy for now if the devs acknowledge this and confirm that it will be addressed.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Awong124, CPS-3, heppsan, robnroll88, Webley1000

The thing is though its been like this for a couple of years, when i was still invested in the project more than a couple of years ago the same discussions were had then in the closed forums, yet it remains unchanged. I'm not hopeful it will improve.
    CPU i7 4770K@4.5Ghz | Memory 16Gb 2400Mhz RAM | Mobo Maximus VI Extreme-Z | GPU EVGA 780GTX 2560x1440 | Monitor Acer XB270HU | OS Win7 Home x64 | Storage 4 x SSD total 1.5Tb / 2 x HDD total 2.5TB | Wheel Fanatec CSW-BMW & Formula rim + Elite Pedals | Misc TrackIR-5

Cheers,
    Andy
    The following user likes this Post: robnroll88