Page 239 of 239 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239
Results 2,381 to 2,385 of 2385

Thread: The AI discussion (all platforms)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    If I swap drivers and let the ai take control during a race will they automatically pit for the correct tyres ahould it rain or do I have to babysit them ?

Platform
    PS4
    I posted the question elsewhere, and I got an apparent positive answer. But I'm not entirely convinced. Anyway, I just played the Le Mans 24 Hours, in the shorter version, that is, just a couple of hours long. It was a pretty good race, with an engaging fight against the Audis up front, and we were always swapping positions between 1st, 2nd and 3rd. The race was really tight, but closer to the end I had to pit, and the time difference was huge. The problem was, I had no indication that they did a pit stop, so I finished last in the series and 6th overall. Does the AI actually pit, in shorter Endurance races?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cholton82 View Post
    If I swap drivers and let the ai take control during a race will they automatically pit for the correct tyres ahould it rain or do I have to babysit them ?
    Ages ago I read about something like this. IIRC the weather changed to rain while the AI was driving a player´s car. That AI-driven car pitted for wets but got slicks again as this was the predefined pit strategy. So the car went for a lap and then pitted again for wets but got new slicks once again. And again and again and again... No clue though whether this has been fixed in a patch in between.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

steam name: PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    The other day I was looking forward on my next career event: LMP1 at Watkins Glen, 3 hrs. So I thought it would be a good idea to race for an hour and then hand the car over to my digital team mate, have a nice coffee and relax for a while and then return to the cockpit for the final hour. When I returned to my rig I saw my mate receiving his final warning for track cutting. Short time later he was cutting the track once a again and we got DQed.

Never trust your team mate.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

steam name: PostBox981

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by derkanzler View Post
    Ages ago I read about something like this. IIRC the weather changed to rain while the AI was driving a player´s car. That AI-driven car pitted for wets but got slicks again as this was the predefined pit strategy. So the car went for a lap and then pitted again for wets but got new slicks once again. And again and again and again... No clue though whether this has been fixed in a patch in between.
    Yep, that's how it's been in my experience. Good chance that it was one of my old posts that you read detailing the issue. I ran a number of QRW tests with mixed conditions after I became suspicious of an issue. All tests resulted in the above. It has been, however, probably 8-10 months since I last ran an endurance race so maybe something was pushed through, but I don't recall ever reading anything related to the issue in any of the patch updates. Unfortunately, it can be a pretty time consuming bug to test since I never trusted using weather and/or wear multipliers in the equation. (Mostly because I run 100% races and I didn't trust additional variables.)
    The following user likes this Post: derkanzler