Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Renault Clio nervous

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by mcarver2000 View Post
    Speaking of tire (or should that be tyre) pressure. I can't seem to get the middle tire temps down to match the outside/inside. Is this "realistic"? Proper tire setup along with camber should have the middle temp the average of the outer/inner temps. Lower tire temps is about the only thing to will bring down the middle temps (but it never happens even with extreme low pressure -- the tires just start to overheat).
    I've looked at this too and you can't really do anything about the middle temp. Also, extreme camber settings only very slightly adjust the inside/outside balance.

Platform
    PC
    it's funny, you would think that it would be easy to drive but it can get very tricky,

what I found to be helping me a lot is to not turn with no throttle, basically I will always try to be a bit on the throttle, that tends to reduce lift of overseer,
    it's a great fun car to drive though

gaming pc |Processor| i7-4930K Ivy Bridge-E 3.4GHz |Motherboard ASUS Rampage IV Gene |Graphics| ASUS GTX780 3GB |Ram| CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 2133 Mhz | Peripherals | Xbox360 controller, BOSE Companion® 20 multimedia speaker system

Macbook Pro 2011 |Processor| 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7-2820QM |Ram| 8GB DDR3 1333MHz |Graphics|AMD Radeon HD 6770M |Controllers|This is how I roll - Xbox360 Controller / DualShock3 PS3 Controller | Fanatec CSW2 + BMW M3 GT2 wheel
    |Leaderboard|http://cars-stats.wmdportal.com/inde...ile?user=27600|homepage| https://plus.google.com/photos/11071...ums?banner=pwa |steam name| nosalisCZ

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Phishfinger View Post
    I fixed the Clio by tweaking only the differential

Acceleration lock from default 100 down to 85

Deceleration from default 10 up to 50

I didn't touch the preload

Overall it made the car much smoother around corners without spinning out into the wall.
    Actually the preload is the settings that affects most the input of driver. Basically it is one to the main thing things for making car upset under certain situations specially transitioning from breaks to accel and visa versa . If it's too response/nervous decrease it a bit.
    The following user likes this Post: Phishfinger

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Phishfinger View Post
    I fixed the Clio by tweaking only the differential

Deceleration from default 10 up to 50

I didn't touch the preload

Overall it made the car much smoother around corners without spinning out into the wall.
    This worked wonders for me. Thanks!
    The following user likes this Post: Phishfinger

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by mcarver2000 View Post
    Speaking of tire (or should that be tyre) pressure. I can't seem to get the middle tire temps down to match the outside/inside. Is this "realistic"? Proper tire setup along with camber should have the middle temp the average of the outer/inner temps. Lower tire temps is about the only thing to will bring down the middle temps (but it never happens even with extreme low pressure -- the tires just start to overheat).
    That means, it needs more tire pressure.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Lol I read these posts the other day and thought it can't be that bad, can it? The default setup for the cup is impossible to use with a controller and no fun with a wheel. I spent the afternoon tuning it and it is now as they say 'crash proof'. I'm estatic, would be an understatement. Lower rear pressures tighten diff up alot, my rear camber is no more that 1.6degrees. From there its a matter of tuning!

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I tried with all these settings and it did improve a bit but still had nasty oversteer on lift. I tightened up the rear swaybar and it made a big difference on the oversteer on lift problem.

Platform
    PC
    playing some more Clip cup races, and I was bit frustrated that on straights AI seemed to be pulling away from me ( Donnington) even if I got a better drive out of corner, at some point AI just had more power and started pulling away,

for the next race I increased pressure in front tires to 1.8-2.0 bar , and suddenly I was able to keep up

gaming pc |Processor| i7-4930K Ivy Bridge-E 3.4GHz |Motherboard ASUS Rampage IV Gene |Graphics| ASUS GTX780 3GB |Ram| CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 2133 Mhz | Peripherals | Xbox360 controller, BOSE Companion® 20 multimedia speaker system

Macbook Pro 2011 |Processor| 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7-2820QM |Ram| 8GB DDR3 1333MHz |Graphics|AMD Radeon HD 6770M |Controllers|This is how I roll - Xbox360 Controller / DualShock3 PS3 Controller | Fanatec CSW2 + BMW M3 GT2 wheel
    |Leaderboard|http://cars-stats.wmdportal.com/inde...ile?user=27600|homepage| https://plus.google.com/photos/11071...ums?banner=pwa |steam name| nosalisCZ

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrik Marek View Post
    playing some more Clip cup races, and I was bit frustrated that on straights AI seemed to be pulling away from me ( Donnington) even if I got a better drive out of corner, at some point AI just had more power and started pulling away,

for the next race I increased pressure in front tires to 1.8-2.0 bar , and suddenly I was able to keep up
    Shift when the shift lights just barely get to the yellow. That helped me.
    PCars Rig:
    PS4 using a Fanatec CSR with CSR elite pedals mounted on a coffee table.

Actual Rigs:
    2005.5 Audi S4 / Some sort of catback and x-pipe / I think maybe it's lowered? / Krylon Fusion painted wheels
    1995 Mustang GT/ Flowmaster 40 catback / BBK O/R H-pipe / Tokico Blues / H&R Supersports / 95 Cobra Rs on 275s
    The following user likes this Post: Patrik Marek

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by X30 Nemec666 View Post
    I fixed this issue with a lil bit reducing the tyre pressure for the rear and set the differential to this:
    Deceleration from default 10 up to 25
    Translated in pCars2 settings? Thanks
    MoBo: MSI Z77A-GD55 CPU: i7 3770K RAM: 16GB Corsair GPU: GTX 980 ti AMP! Extreme PSU: Coolermaster 1000W Wheel: TM F430 FFB