Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Button Box's are they compatible??

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC

Button Box's are they compatible??

Quick question really.

I'm looking at getting a button box so I can move a lot of actions off my wheel but still have it within reach, something like this. I was wondered if it was Pcars compatible?? Haven't found anything on the forum about it yet so thought i would ask.

Thanks

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Yes it is. I'm using one of Derek's myself and it works without problems.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudman View Post
    Yes it is. I'm using one of Derek's myself and it works without problems.
    Thanks. That's that ordered then

Platform
    PC
    Go for it!...You'll be glad you did. I use mine (from DSD) to activate the wipers, headlights, ignition and starter. I use the rotary knobs to increase/decrease brake bias, front and rear roll bar stiffness. I use the buttons to move the seat around. A big help!
    "How close do you want me to follow the Formula 1 cars?" - Vittorio Brambilla - Safety Car Driver
    "I don't mind, just don't be in the lead at the end of the first lap." - Prof. Syd Watkins - F1 Medical Chief

i5-8600k @4.7GHz - Noctua NH-15D Coolage - AsRock Z370 Extreme4 - eVGA GTX 1070 8GB - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 - Crystal Sound 2 - Fractal Design Define R6 Case - BenQ XR3501 curved - Windows 10 64 Home - Accuforce SimXperience Wheel - SMZ1 w/Z1 Dashboard screen or MOMO MonteCarlo rims - Main Performance PC SimPedals - Fanatec CSS 7sp manual - DSD Short Throw Sequential - DSD Button Box - Obutto Race Frame and Seat

Banned
    I'm using one of Derek's button boxes too. I bought it more than a year ago for iRacing.

Platform
    PC
    pCARS support for multiple controllers/USB devices on PC is second to none.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | MSI GTX970 TF V OC 4GB | 8 gig ram | Win7 Home 64bit | BenQ 27" 1080p | T500RS wheel & pedals | DIY 'H' & sequential shifters via Bodnar BU0836 | Symprojects DLC-247 controlled gauges | Buttonbox via Bodnar BU0836X

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” - Aldous Huxley

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    If using one of DSD "flight FLT 1" button boxes that uses on/off switches instead of the typical toggles, can you assign those functions to say "lights, wipers, ignition and start" and always leave them in the ON position and then everytime you load the game those items are always on? For example, I want the lights to be on permanently and hate having to swtich them on every time I go to a new track. My thinking is if its in the ON position permanently then the game would recognize it and always have it ready when it loads. Can anyone confirm this if they have any simple on/off button box instead of the momentary toggle?

Many thanks!

Platform
    PC
    Have a DSD "Trackboss" - works like a charm in pCars and Assetto Corsa. Even works in GTL with some limitations, as the games recognizes only half of the buttons (the three rows on the right don't work). And finally its a great addition for my favourite flightsim IL2. All buttons are assignable here.
    PC Intel® Core™ i7-3770K (4 x 3.5Ghz); Memory 16GB DDR3-Ram; Grafic Card ASUS GTX 1050 TI STRIX OC; Mainboard AS-Rock Z68 Pro3; OS WIN 10/64bit Professional SP1; Monitor Acer S242HL 24"; Wheel Logitech G27 + Pedals; Shifter Thrustmaster TH8 RS; additional Switchbox DSD 32 Button Controller; Speakers Creative Labs Dolby Surround 5.1;

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A. View Post
    If using one of DSD "flight FLT 1" button boxes that uses on/off switches instead of the typical toggles, can you assign those functions to say "lights, wipers, ignition and start" and always leave them in the ON position and then everytime you load the game those items are always on? For example, I want the lights to be on permanently and hate having to swtich them on every time I go to a new track. My thinking is if its in the ON position permanently then the game would recognize it and always have it ready when it loads. Can anyone confirm this if they have any simple on/off button box instead of the momentary toggle?

Many thanks!
    I don't think that can work without any scripting. For instance, if I leave my toggle for ignition on, the car will not automatically be started.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    I don't think that can work without any scripting. For instance, if I leave my toggle for ignition on, the car will not automatically be started.
    yes your right. i just tried using my button box toggle and keeping it on (with my hand) and it didnt activate when starting a new race. oh well.. would have been cool if it worked.