Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McLaren MP4-12C GT3 - Heavy Bags of Understeer

Platform
    PC

McLaren MP4-12C GT3 - Heavy Bags of Understeer

What are you guys doing to get this car to behave? The default setup is dead slow at Brno and Spa. I've stiffened up the rear and shortened the gears and taken off a bit of rear wing, which helps, but it starts to get twitchy and still understeers mid-corner to exit. Do you get aggressive and try to throw the car into the corners? Any advice is appreciated!
    "How close do you want me to follow the Formula 1 cars?" - Vittorio Brambilla - Safety Car Driver
    "I don't mind, just don't be in the lead at the end of the first lap." - Prof. Syd Watkins - F1 Medical Chief

i5-8600k @4.7GHz - Noctua NH-15D Coolage - AsRock Z370 Extreme4 - eVGA GTX 1070 8GB - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 - Crystal Sound 2 - Fractal Design Define R6 Case - BenQ XR3501 curved - Windows 10 64 Home - Accuforce SimXperience Wheel - SMZ1 w/Z1 Dashboard screen or MOMO MonteCarlo rims - Main Performance PC SimPedals - Fanatec CSS 7sp manual - DSD Short Throw Sequential - DSD Button Box - Obutto Race Frame and Seat

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rowland View Post
    What are you guys doing to get this car to behave? The default setup is dead slow at Brno and Spa. I've stiffened up the rear and shortened the gears and taken off a bit of rear wing, which helps, but it starts to get twitchy and still understeers mid-corner to exit. Do you get aggressive and try to throw the car into the corners? Any advice is appreciated!
    Reduce Limited Slip Acceleration Lock to get rid of the corner exit understeer. Alternatively make the front springs softer (but this could be a downside with the many load changes in the chicanes).
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: yusupov

Platform
    PC
    I am looking for a decent Mclaren GT3 setup too, the car just is so unpredictable, oversteer on entry, mid corner understeer, its like you don't know whats coming
    Steam: TehStretch
    Check out my racing videos at
    www.youtube.com/DinoTheGreek08
    I will be uploading Project Cars competitive commentaries soon!
    The following user likes this Post: yusupov

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    I am looking for a decent Mclaren GT3 setup too, the car just is so unpredictable, oversteer on entry, mid corner understeer, its like you don't know whats coming
    What assists are you using? GT3 cars have ABS and TC for a reason.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit

The following user likes this Post: LazJones

Platform
    PC
    The 12C GT3 already has the front springs on full soft. I totally forgot about the assists as I run with them off all the time! Thanks for the info!
    "How close do you want me to follow the Formula 1 cars?" - Vittorio Brambilla - Safety Car Driver
    "I don't mind, just don't be in the lead at the end of the first lap." - Prof. Syd Watkins - F1 Medical Chief

i5-8600k @4.7GHz - Noctua NH-15D Coolage - AsRock Z370 Extreme4 - eVGA GTX 1070 8GB - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 - Crystal Sound 2 - Fractal Design Define R6 Case - BenQ XR3501 curved - Windows 10 64 Home - Accuforce SimXperience Wheel - SMZ1 w/Z1 Dashboard screen or MOMO MonteCarlo rims - Main Performance PC SimPedals - Fanatec CSS 7sp manual - DSD Short Throw Sequential - DSD Button Box - Obutto Race Frame and Seat

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Could it be the front springs are TOO soft and riding on bump rubbers?
    Last edited by GRD 4 3L; 11-05-2015 at 20:05.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GRD 4 3L View Post
    Could it be the front springs are TOO soft and riding no bump rubbers?
    Honestly I think it's a case of overdriving the car. Brno is very prone to that because of all those slightly outside cambered corners.

The following user likes this Post: blowfishrulez

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Honestly I think it's a case of overdriving the car. Brno is very prone to that because of all those slightly outside cambered corners.
    Nonsense; who ever overdrives a race car?
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Bealdor, itakethepics, Jesse Fahrenkrog

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    if its over steer for the entry try increasing the deceleration on the differential, this will slow the car down more to keep it stable when off the throttle so try braking a little later but for sweeping bends you want momentum so brake earlier for the sweepers and later for the hairpins. when understeering mid turn soften the front roll bar and stiffen the rear, but if its an issue when on the power and throttle controlling mid turn then increase the acceleration on the differential and increase the traction control slip so it allows more wheelspin before aids help.
    The following user likes this Post: Gavin Thomas

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Any one got a base setup for the McLaren I could try? Would be much appreciated